YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1243908 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#1461  September 11, 2014, 04:35:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#1462  September 11, 2014, 05:15:16 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Not so much just bought as it was over the past month.

Spoiler: August 20th I believe (click to see content)

Spoiler: August 27th (click to see content)

Spoiler: September 1st (click to see content)

Spoiler: September 5th (click to see content)

Super Mario All-Stars SNES w/ manual (I didn't realize the pic sucked until I was copying it from my camera), Metal Gear Acid 2, Super Mario All-Stars Wii limited edition), Xenoblade Chronicles (missing manual), and Super Mario RPG.

Now to wait for Hyrule Warriors and whatnot.
#1463  September 11, 2014, 05:18:23 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
a question for my fellow mugen guild figure fuckers. how do you keep them clean from dust. do you use glass cases. do you clean them regularly using something specific. is it okay to shoot loads over them
Not exactly related to the cleaning process but if you have a display (Or any kind of illumination that's super close to them) make sure it doesn't use fluorescent lights, they cause a chemical reaction that slowly cracks the paint, incandescent light bulbs are the way to go.
#1464  September 11, 2014, 04:36:11 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled. HOWEVER, I am considering getting an honest-to-god Famicom because I heard some games have really awesome soundboards that are impossible on the NES
To be quite honest didn't know about this, the reason that I haven't one at my collection is that they are to damn expensive in Mexico and right now am extending my Nes library, want to have at least 100 titles so that's  the main reason that I can't afford to purchase a Famicom at Amazon  :bigcry:

Super Mario All-Stars SNES w/ manual (I didn't realize the pic sucked until I was copying it from my camera), Metal Gear Acid 2, Super Mario All-Stars Wii limited edition), Xenoblade Chronicles (missing manual), and Super Mario RPG.
How much did you pay for that Super Mario RPG ?  :-\
#1465  September 11, 2014, 11:41:36 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Eh...
#1466  September 12, 2014, 03:43:04 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
#1467  September 12, 2014, 06:53:27 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1468  September 12, 2014, 10:04:34 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I don't have a proper display or shelves in this apartment, but once I move over to a bigger place I'll display them, it would be ridiculous to buy articulated figures with extra pieces and not pose them.
#1469  September 12, 2014, 11:40:32 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

Question: Why is Xenoblade chronicles so expensive? I remember someone else posting their pre-owned one in this thread some time back, and that one was even more costly than the one you found. What makes it so pricey???
#1470  September 12, 2014, 01:14:21 pm
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
Xenoblade Chronicles is expensive for a used copy in the U.S. because it was only sold through GameStop, and had a limited initial printing at that. 

I first heard about the game from the early trailer on the Wii's Nintendo Channel where everyone had ugly faces: 

It was called Monado: Beginning of the World back then and I had no idea of the talent behind game. 

Later on I caught wind of Operation Rainfall, and once the game was officially announced that it was finally coming to the U.S. people on GameFAQs were saying that it'd be a good idea to preorder because the game was going to be rare. 
At first the game wasn't.  People were saying how their local GameStop had several copies available and that the doomsayers got people to preorder for nothing. 

A few months later and suddenly it wasn't so easy to find, and online prices soared. 
Some people say that GameStop got another printing made and opened them all up so they could sell them as "used" allowing them to set their own price on the game. 
Same theory goes for Metroid Prime Trilogy. 

I put a couple hundred hours into it and loved every minute.  I'd say it is totally worth it. 
Xenoblade Chronicles X being announced was one of the three main reasons I got a Wii U. 

At first I was a little sad that Yoko Shimomura wasn't contributing to the soundtrack for XCX because that was one of my favorite parts of XC. 
Then I learned it is going to be the guy who composed for Attack on Titan so everything is ok.   ;D
#1471  September 12, 2014, 02:22:42 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Thanks for the usefull explanation :D
That question's been bugging my mind for ages now.
#1472  September 12, 2014, 03:16:56 pm
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
No problem. 

@Orochi Gill

You posting that you got Super Mario RPG reminded me that I recently reacquired mine. 
I left mine in a closet in my parents' house, and it has been there since I moved out in December, 2000. 

Yes, I got it for $14.97 on clearance at Toys R Us.  Final Fantasy Adventure I got for $11.98 clearance at Target. 
Yes, they are both still sealed. 

:wiseguy:
#1473  September 12, 2014, 03:59:14 pm
    • Peru
It's obvious people around here likes videogames, but I wasn't aware there were other retro junkies accumulating as much crap as me :D
#1474  September 13, 2014, 12:39:35 am
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
$48.99 + tax, so roughly $53.

That's about the average ebay price too.
Damn, that's a little expensive but indeed this game completely deserve every damn buck, the story and the cameos of Link and Samus on it are epic, still remember the first time that I saw this two characters on the game, guess that will add this one to at my wish list before it comes more expensive, have received some Nes titles today but since there is a storm at my city really don't want to take them out at the rain  >_<

It's obvious people around here likes videogames, but I wasn't aware there were other retro junkies accumulating as much crap as me :D
You are not alone, neither on this world neither in this forum my friend  :devil:
#1475  September 13, 2014, 03:00:23 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
The sad part is that I've seen Super Mario RPG go for considerably higher for just the cart; closer to 70-80 range. By that note, it's actually a decent purchase.
#1476  September 13, 2014, 03:02:27 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Absolutely.

And Tamez: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#1477  September 13, 2014, 03:09:00 am
  • For honor!
...I want the fuck orochi gill edition of Mario RPG
Iroha stripped for me
#1478  September 13, 2014, 11:14:16 pm
    • Peru

I'm ready to roll-cancel like a boss.

It costed me around $30. Found it while looking for a 60 to 72 pin converter...
#1479  September 14, 2014, 02:20:45 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1480  September 14, 2014, 02:24:48 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭

$12 for all at the fleas marked. The bad thing none of the two TLOZ tittles and i got two copies of GE-007 a game that i dont even like -_-