YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1026524 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#381  May 13, 2013, 11:35:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I think Fallout 3 was more of a retro compilation with a few jazzy tunes in it. Not necessarily JAZZ per se, but a lot of more relaxed tunes that were certainly inspired by jazz. I loved "I want to set the World on Fire" by The Ink Spots. That was fucking awesome hearing in the Wasteland as you were using a flamethrower on Broken Steel initiates. Or saw peoples heads explode while using the Vats System.

Blood Drive (360) - Nice concept poorly executed, game physics are f&%1n weird, never found anyone to play with on multiplayer, lack creepy atmosphere, most of the time the flashy effects hurt my eyes and obstructs visibility, sigh, another waste of time

I bet you it's not as bad as Atari Jaguar's Club Drive. I'm throwing money at the screen here. ;D

And as far as Bayonetta is concerned... I can't say much. I haven't really played it. :ninja:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#382  May 13, 2013, 11:38:57 pm
Speaking of, since my argument about that is still fairly close to the end of the thread... I ended up buying it two weeks ago because it was really cheap.

I will keep you all updated when I actually play it. :D
#383  May 16, 2013, 06:35:36 am
  • Dark Templar
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#384  May 16, 2013, 06:52:58 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
last game i stopped playing period....Aliens Colonial Marines.  why?
its NOTHING like what i saw in the first previews of it.  I bought it for myself then gave it to my nephew who loves it to death.  I just wanted to be able to use the smartgun the whole damn game! AAArrrggg!
#385  May 16, 2013, 07:02:00 am
  • No guts No glory..
some time ago(-___-' well like 10 - 14 years) i stopped playing xenogears,i loved the whole idea of the game but there were tooooo long dialog boxes to read ,and there were parts of the game that you could not skip loooong battles(in wich i usually failed horribly) and repeat again and again and ...and i didn`t want more of it, that's also the reason i stopped playing it and also stopped playing rpg`s(only played final fantasy 7 and 8 didn`t finish final fantasy 6)  rpg gets many of your time and RL needs that time more than a game(sadly but true)
#386  May 17, 2013, 05:51:26 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver
Holy shit, the 3DS launch was fucking dire. Steel Diver's at least sort of interesting but Pilotwings gets boring after five minutes of play and the whole game just screams of laziness. At least I got both new at $3 each.
#387  May 17, 2013, 08:41:39 pm
  • Dark Templar
Omega Boost (PSX)

Dunno, just got bored of it, don't even care what the ending is :p
I'm Just Bored To Tears
#388  May 17, 2013, 08:46:42 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Wii Twilight Princess.
Yes, I undusted the wii since a friend borrowed me the game.
The controls on this game feels really weird after you've played Skyward Sword. :S
So no adventure time for Link this time, unless I find myself really bored in the near future.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#389  May 17, 2013, 11:00:10 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#390  June 01, 2013, 04:33:12 am
  • Dark Templar
Fatal Frame, is that supposed to be survival horror? it feels slooooooooow and clumsy since the begining man I dunno which is worse, SH shattered memories, SH4, Call of Cthulhu or this....
I'm Just Bored To Tears
#391  June 04, 2013, 10:18:41 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
*DarkRaven misses the point of a game again*
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#392  June 04, 2013, 10:22:58 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
What notable survival horror games are not atleast somewhat slow and clumsy?
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#393  June 04, 2013, 10:23:56 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
knyyt underground

i put like 10 hours into the game to unlock every single area in the map, and i still dont have a trophy or anything >:(
#394  June 04, 2013, 10:26:41 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

I REALLY wanted to like this, I really did. The setting is interesting, the characters are likeable, and even the voice acting is top-notch.

But the fact that I have to sever my arms and legs just to have a demon freaking HEAL ME is simply enraging.
This whole concept was handled terribly, and I don't see how someone would think it was a good idea in the first place.
#395  June 15, 2013, 02:09:56 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
After the game I was playing glitched up on me, I decided to go back and try Bayonetta again.  It didn't take me long to re adjust to it, but I was quickly reminded why I stopped playing in the first place.  Boring combat, frustrating camera, tons of gimmicks to mask PG's inability to make an interesting combat system, AWFUL music and an overall unsatisfying experience.  I think I'm done with Platinum Games for good, they've only made two games that I like and all their stuff has the exact same problems.  : /
#396  June 15, 2013, 02:08:49 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I played a lot of games recently,i have no social life though

-Onimusha 3 Demon Siege-
 Motherfuckin Jean Reno with a gun and a Energy whip together with that guy from the house of the flying daggers take on Oda Nobunaga and his army of demons.What more can you ask for?Katy Perry?Fuck Katy Perry
Anyway,the gameplay is like older RE just with swords and energy whips(AND JEAN RENO),the first boss made me eat 3 health herbs,and the game itself is pretty difficult,with the enemies doing a shit ton of damage,and usually ganging up on you.Also you get a cute little fairy to follow you,and i loved the bloody surroundings when you get warped to modern age France.

-Shinobido-
This is a spiritual succesor of the awesome game Tenchu.
This is no game in which you can just go and kill everyone by tapping square,you need to sneak,look for openings,distract enemies,throw money around,collect mushrooms and geckos,kill bears,get turned into a bear,realise that the guy who has been helping you all this time is actually a fuckin talking  cat and unite Japan,then go kill a fuckin Necromancer who stole your memories and killed your clan.
10 out of 10.

-Rogue ops-
Lets take Lara Croft and turn her into a  BLONDE.And copy Tomb Raiders gameplay almost completely.Yea,lets do that

-Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2-
i played a lot of DW games,and Gundam 2 is the only one that made me sweat on easy difficulty.Some missions are waaaaaaaay too difficult.
You have a campaign mode(OR WHATS IT CALLED) which follows the story of the manga,and the Mission mode,which is a What-If universe in which all of the Gundams characters lived in the same Timeline,which leads to Kira and Jerid being enemies etc.
Plus,Elpeo Puru is probably the most kawaii thing i ever seen

-Shadow of the Collossus-
Basically playing a hide and seek game with large dark blooded creatures.
And when you finnaly find one,you have to climb him and cut him.
Rinse and repeat.

Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:25:40 pm by Erroratu
#397  June 15, 2013, 02:13:57 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#398  June 15, 2013, 02:23:37 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Good,that was the reaction i was going for
#399  June 20, 2013, 11:20:29 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Tekken Revolution

As a Tekken Player since the first game and often being an active TTT2 player i had to try out the new free2play Tekken.

The good stuff...slightly better graphics..nice menu song, great netcode.

But the bad stuff overweights that easily..at least for now. The levelsystem makes the game unfair, the most people are spamming the same moves..its easy to defeat them but there is no fun at that. The music is the worst one ever in a Tekken game. The game also has no "soul" and is probably more something for people which are not playing fighting games / Tekken often and are either mashing the buttons or as mentioned try to win through the few same spammed moves.

Let's see how this game and its community will evolve maybe..but for now i can't recommend this to good fighting game / Tekken players yet.
#400  June 24, 2013, 05:12:32 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Mortal Kombat (2012)

Just capped off storymode. Whoever designed Shao Kahn as a final boss for this game needs their ass whooped. Everything else was extremely enjoyable, but fucking...super bullshit boss crap.

Lets see, what do we need to do make Shao Kahn unbeatable? Hmm...
Super armor? Check.
Double normal health? Check.
Ridiculous damage? Check.
A moveset that can punish you from anywhere on the screen for doing anything? Check.
That goddamn hammer throw move with stun that he can repeat without you being able to do anything? CHECK.

The game is amazing, Shao Kahn is a douche. That's my thoughts.  :2thumbsup: