YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1002749 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#621  January 24, 2016, 11:27:30 am
  • Banned for being a duck.
Minecraft.

I enjoyed this game alot when I'm still an 10 years old kid, I remember building a massive Millitary Base. I still have the world I created it on, what I must say about this game, is fantastic. Sadly, I reformated my laptop which made me stop from playing the game.
I have found a flaw in your argument, so kindly shut the fuck up.
#622  January 31, 2016, 07:28:30 am
xenoblade chronicles x
i'm bored of the combat. it's not a bad game but i've realized it's just not for me

lui

#623  January 31, 2016, 07:51:47 pm
    • USA
Sonic Adventure 2 via reicast on NVIDIA Shield Portable
First off, fuck yeah reicast is simply the best emulator on android so far, it runs almost every game really well as long as your phone surpasses a crappy Galaxy S3, since it can run REALLY well with that stupid thing.

Anywho, a lot of my past memories were playing this on the GC and happily regarding it as the best Sonic game overall. A whole bunch of years later?

Fuck, this game is not good. Like, wow. It aged really bad.

The camera is possibly one of the fucking worst, the physics just feel slippy, especially on the Sonic/Shadow levels. Oh yeah, those are the only ones that are decent in the game, all the other characters should just fuck off. THE HORRIBLE VOICE ACTING UGH. Especially on Shadow and Tails, ugh. Bosses are just a cakewalk, IDK why they even bothered. Level design is mostly shit, save for a few Sonic and Shadow levels (Radical Highway is pretty neat)

The visuals are alright, everything looks bright and vibrant, though the cutscenes with the motion capture just look awful. The soundtrack is pretty neat too (City Escape is so annoying)

All in all, alot of people think the early GC/Dreamcast era Sonic games are the holy grail of modern Sonic games because of pure nostalgia, the games have not aged well at all (Sonic Heroes is pretty decent though, its more polished)

3/10 :/
#624  January 31, 2016, 10:00:15 pm
Gotta agree, though I still have some respect for Adventure 1. Adventure 2 was garbage, played it on Dolphin 3-4 years back for the first time.

lui

#625  January 31, 2016, 10:28:52 pm
    • USA
I only played SADX bc OMG I CAN HAX METAL SANIC???!
Man, Im glad they did the 2000's eras justice in Sonic Generations, City Escape plays alot better when yknow, the damn level is stable lol
#626  January 31, 2016, 11:17:48 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
My problem with Sonic Adventure 2 is I guess the lack of a hub world (except Chao World), the grindy Chao raising process if you don't know the Chaos Drive/Animal glitch, the Knuckles and Rouge levels beng shit and Tails' VA being terrible.

I thought Rouge's was decent though. Far better than whoever her 4Kids VA was.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#627  February 01, 2016, 12:11:47 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
xenoblade chronicles x
i'm bored of the combat. it's not a bad game but i've realized it's just not for me
It does feel inferior to the first Xenoblade's system even though the combat has some of the same concepts.  Also I didn't think it was possible to hate L.A. more until I was forced to run through New L.A. multiple times, and that "WOAAAAAAH UWOOOOOOAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T SEE YOU" song keeps getting stuck in my head.
#628  February 01, 2016, 12:23:17 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (GBA)

I had fun playing this, definitely did better than my first play-through on the SNES9x emulator a loong time ago. I'm still in love with the level designs of the game, and I think the final 3 worlds take the cake in level design (Krazy Kremland, Gloomy Gulch, K.Rool's Keep). Graphics aren't terrible, but I still prefer the SNES version over this one (though I wish the SNES version had the same amount of mini games as this one, but yeah memory capacity of SNES). Nice nostalgia (well, kind of) overall...

Stickerbush Symphony is still the best piece of game OST there is :buttrox:
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 12:29:29 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#629  February 01, 2016, 12:58:35 am
It does feel inferior to the first Xenoblade's system even though the combat has some of the same concepts.  Also I didn't think it was possible to hate L.A. more until I was forced to run through New L.A. multiple times, and that "WOAAAAAAH UWOOOOOOAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T SEE YOU" song keeps getting stuck in my head.
i didn't play the original so i can't compare the battle systems, new la looked like it'd get old real fast to run through multiple times and i fucking hated that song
#630  February 01, 2016, 01:51:43 am
My problem with Sonic Adventure 2 is I guess the lack of a hub world (except Chao World), the grindy Chao raising process if you don't know the Chaos Drive/Animal glitch, the Knuckles and Rouge levels beng shit and Tails' VA being terrible.

I thought Rouge's was decent though. Far better than whoever her 4Kids VA was.

The Knuckles rap fucking haunts me. Also, that they used Japanese voices for in-game sounds. Knuckles and Robotnik still say Japanese words during regular gameplay, and they didn't do that for SA1. Cheap as fuck localization.
#631  February 01, 2016, 02:12:21 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Uh...pretty sure they used their English voices for those. English Robotnik sounds very distinct from Japanese Robotnik and I could always hear English Robotnik when I had English voices on
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#632  February 01, 2016, 02:27:48 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
i didn't play the original so i can't compare the battle systems, new la looked like it'd get old real fast to run through multiple times and i fucking hated that song
Combat is active and positioning-based, but it's a lot more simple and TP isn't as stupid. Morale is handled differently in that at random times you'll hear someone go like "UGH I MISSED" or "HAHA, GOTCHA" and then you have that timed button press thing to shout a response which boosts affinity. This game's "TP" only drains if you use chain attacks, warn someone about a Monado future vision, or revive a fallen ally.

I do like how X has the whole "appendage destroy" thing going on, but the combat does feel like a step down from the original.

EDIT: Oh yeah in the first game you can swap out party members on the fly outside of combat. X has you run around New L.A. to find the right dude at their job and you talk to them to make them join your par-YEAH, UH-UH-UH-UH...

EDIT 2: I'm not saying I hate the game, I mean I can play it for hours on end, and I love most of the characters I've run into (maybe it's blasphemy, but I think Tatsu is a better Nopon character than Riki), and I love how instead of "Heart-to-Hearts," you can go on full-on missions centered around certain characters. But there's a lot of really wonky stuff on a technical level that holds this game back from being the superior experience.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (GBA)

I had fun playing this, definitely did better than my first play-through on the SNES9x emulator a loong time ago. I'm still in love with the level designs of the game, and I think the final 3 worlds take the cake in level design (Krazy Kremland, Gloomy Gulch, K.Rool's Keep). Graphics aren't terrible, but I still prefer the SNES version over this one (though I wish the SNES version had the same amount of mini games as this one, but yeah memory capacity of SNES). Nice nostalgia (well, kind of) overall...

Stickerbush Symphony is still the best piece of game OST there is :buttrox:
Loved the music that plays in the mines. Probably the most underappreciated piece in the game. And yeah, it's one of my favorite games of all time.
Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:40:04 am by Jango Brown
#633  February 01, 2016, 02:36:40 am
Uh...pretty sure they used their English voices for those. English Robotnik sounds very distinct from Japanese Robotnik and I could always hear English Robotnik when I had English voices on

I absolutely guarantee you they used Japanese Robotnik and Japanese Knuckles, both in the version I played and the version played on Game Grumps. They used English voice acting for actual dialog but kept the Japanese actors doing incidental grunts and shit. Knuckles still goes ORAORAORA! and sounds completely different from SA1. I don't remember Robotnik's Japaneseism, but he had one.

OZ

#634  February 01, 2016, 02:41:05 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
i remember robotnik saying 'yoshi' when petting a chao, so yeah, i'm sure there were more
ಠ_ಠ
#635  February 01, 2016, 02:50:08 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I can also confirm, as someone who has played both of those games multiple times, that these two men are correct and those Japanese sound clips were left in. The Adventure games were buggy as hell. There was a progress blocking glitch in my copy of SA1 where a key would just disappear randomly.

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#636  February 01, 2016, 02:52:15 am
EDIT: Oh yeah in the first game you can swap out party members on the fly outside of combat. X has you run around New L.A. to find the right dude at their job and you talk to them to make them join your par-YEAH, UH-UH-UH-UH...
i noticed this and thought it was just for the first couple times and after that you'd be able to swap them around freely, but if it's always like that then i'm getting rid of this game altogether
#637  February 01, 2016, 07:35:19 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
i noticed this and thought it was just for the first couple times and after that you'd be able to swap them around freely, but if it's always like that then i'm getting rid of this game altogether
Yeah if you're not a story-driven dude, you'll probably want to just skip the game and listen to the good songs on the soundtrack like the themes for Oblivia and Noctilum (which in my mind are some of the best compositions to come out in a while)

Also @Zaitsu Hatter: Forgot to post a link to my faves: Mining Melancholy and Haunted Chase

jegus dick I'm turning into killer kong here.
#638  February 01, 2016, 08:44:54 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Last game I stopped playing? hmmm... Elder Scrolls: Skyrim on Xbox 360
#639  February 01, 2016, 04:52:17 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Also @Zaitsu Hatter: Forgot to post a link to my faves: Mining Melancholy and Haunted Chase

Yep, I love those tracks as well. I mentioned in my review that Gloomy Gulch was one of my fave worlds by level design, I should have added the music as well for certain levels. This track and the Kackle chasing me throughout Haunted Hall would keep on edge (when I was younger), I simply love it.

Thansk for the links mate, I need to download these ASAP.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:06:39 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#640  February 01, 2016, 05:07:16 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Loved the music that plays in the mines. Probably the most underappreciated piece in the game. And yeah, it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Yeah mining melancholy is actually probably the best track in the OST. But Symphony gets more love, especially after it was included in brawl.

The Knuckles rap fucking haunts me.

Yeah most of the knuckles raps suck except pumpkin hill which I actually really like... for some reason.

Also I don't HATE SA2, But I have a lot of nostalgia for that game and got super good at everything getting A in every mission on every level trying to get green hill zone, which I never did get cause I don't have the patience for the chao gardens.
Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:25:07 pm by -Whiplash-