Re: Doctor Who Thread
#281  September 25, 2015, 08:34:01 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
...wait a second
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#282  September 25, 2015, 09:06:32 pm
No ? I don't remember that particular line, but it's normal. If she claims that she needs "three for each" (somehow), then with two, that makes 6.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#283  September 25, 2015, 11:41:47 pm
    • UK
Well now i feel stupid.

Good job DKDC
#284  September 26, 2015, 11:07:12 pm
I'm barely five minutes into today's episode, and

... uuuh
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:52:00 pm by DKDC
#285  September 27, 2015, 08:00:15 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#286  September 28, 2015, 03:58:14 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

SNT

#287  September 28, 2015, 08:08:28 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#288  September 29, 2015, 12:16:58 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

I must to say this is the best opening to a season since Ninth Doctor's one. I've stuck on my seat the 2 episodes and it was great, I really felt like I was watching Classic Who episodes. And Missy... wow <3 I cannot wait for the next episode, totally ;D

Spoiler: Also, I leave you this (click to see content)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#289  October 02, 2015, 02:13:18 am
#290  October 02, 2015, 02:18:41 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm more concerned about that rumor of a reduced 2016 Dr Who :(
First I heard of that. Hope it's not true.
I sorta liked Torchwood. Loved s3 and I never figured out if I liked s1&2 :p

Never got into Sarah Jane either. I'll probably wait for some reviews before I give this a shot.
#291  October 02, 2015, 02:44:29 am
Meh, Who often has funding issues, so a diminished series wouldn't be too strange (they "split" one of Eleven's series like that already) and waiting isn't new.

On Torchwood, I liked the actor Burns Gorman (forgot the character's name), and his S2 arc where he's unkillable. Wasn't too fond of the "children" season, I thought it was pushing it a bit with the scale and trying to have a bigger impact than Who, plus continuing the trend of killing off the whole team after Tosh and Burns (not to mention I cringed super hard when Jack went "I'd sacrifice anything, anyone, to stop you -- no nononono not my boyfriend please no nooooo !" that was awful). S4 was pretty novel in the base concept, but it was much too American and it simply vanished without a word.
I tried a few Sarah Jane episodes, and it's basically kids having wacky adventure with a Zordon computer intelligence and lots of asspull tech and asspull investigation because lol. So nope. But the atmosphere felt close to the Tennant Doctor, that was the better part of it.
I'm hoping for something that focuses on the unnatural / supernatural, mystery and investigation, without trying to hard to be edgy, Torchwood was fun but it tipped a bit too often to that dark side of tryharding.
Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:47:55 am by DKDC
#292  October 02, 2015, 03:06:54 am
    • USA
The biggest trepidation I have with that concept is that with Danny dead and Clara on the way out of Who the only established character they have left with ties to Coal Hill school is Courtney Woods and she is such a goddamn teenager that I can't see a show starring her being any good.
#293  October 02, 2015, 03:39:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah I liked Owen Harper's story too. There was a lot of good in S1 and S2 that's for sure. But there was a lot of bad too :P
I guess we have a bit different tastes though with S3. But I can see your issues with it for sure. It felt very final to me. So much so I have yet to watch S4 because I like the ending so much and don't want to ruin it with S4's new "vision".

I missed the S7 split with Matt Smith by coming in late. But I read about it. I accept it but that doesn't mean I want to go through it hah!
#294  October 02, 2015, 01:59:51 pm
    • UK
The biggest trepidation I have with that concept is that with Danny dead and Clara on the way out of Who the only established character they have left with ties to Coal Hill school is Courtney Woods and she is such a goddamn teenager that I can't see a show starring her being any good.

Pretty much how i feel.
The main draw to Torchwood/Sarah Jane Adventures was that it had Jack Harkness and Sarah Jane,2 established badasses, being badass while protecting the Earth while the Doc is busy running from Daleks ect.
This doesn't sound too appealing though. Kids! Darkness! We Kingdom Hearts now! (Unless they bring back Ian and Barbera)

I miss Torchwood. Whatever happened to it? I know Miracle Day didn't get that many views or something.
#295  October 02, 2015, 02:21:42 pm
It wasn't doing very good and it was out of money (it's hard enough maintaining Who), it was bought by the US and they drove it into the ground and it didn't work and it went out of money again and they lost interested. Despite the giant sequel hook at the end (where S3 seemed pretty easily final).
#296  October 02, 2015, 02:50:29 pm
    • UK
Damn. R.I.P Torchwood then.
Shame. I liked Jack
#297  October 04, 2015, 01:47:53 pm
Hahahaha flash cards to respond with appropriate empathy
God damn it they're going to do these two-parters with insane cliffhangers all season, aren't they.
#298  October 04, 2015, 06:03:47 pm
    • UK
Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:11:59 pm by 1Ultima
#299  October 05, 2015, 04:48:24 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

i'm really liking this season so far
#300  October 06, 2015, 02:03:11 am
    • USA
Oh god, I fucking loved that last episode.  It was absolutely a quintessential example of what you'd see in a classic-era Doctor Who serial.  The 'secluded base' setting full of tight, non-descript corridors, the looming horrors killing ancillary characters left and right that are nowhere near fully explained in the first part, the impossibly dire cliffhanger at the very last second.  Just brilliant.

In other news, the War Doctor is back!  In audio form!  Big Finished just announced that John Hurt is on board for a new series of audio dramas starring the War Doctor and set during the Great Time War.