YesNoOk

Call of Alchny (digitized project and stuff, anyone wanna do character acting?) (Read 1095 times)

Started by MellyInChains, November 20, 2011, 05:08:16 am
Call of Alchny (digitized project and stuff, anyone wanna do character acting?)
#1  November 20, 2011, 05:08:16 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
so basically all my topics in this section are just ideas i'll probably never get around to actually finishing. hence, this new one. i wanna emphasize that this is merely brainstorming as i don't want to feel like i'm breaking any sort of promise here. oh and the title is an in-joke i'll explain later.

the main object here is to get original actors, but that's kinda hard seeing how i only got myself to play a character for the time being, but some of the empty spaces might be filled with other characters from other games seeing how digitization pretty much blends in together anyway.

the system isn't very different from the usual fighting game, 4 buttons, double-tap forward to run, yadda yadda. the only different thing here is each character will have 2 level 1 supers and 1 level 3 super

i kinda just am throwing ideas around so here are some ideas for the roster:

Melvana: none other than. will probably be a hidden character because me being a main character would just be self-indulgent. i already have my sprites ripped.

Boring Evil Variant Melvana: BEV-MELV for short. i haven't decided on the look yet, but will mainly be a parody of s. geist from asura blade. either a hidden character or sub-boss.

and any other characters if i get anyone who wants to act, either here or people i meet in real life. if anyone here wants to do a character, i have a list of stuff you'll need to get in, although i forgot to specify that you'll also need to do some poses for like portraits and stuff. greenscreen is preferred but not really needed, as gimp's giant brush feature can take care of that problem very nicely.

some of the 'filler' characters:

Jean Claude Van Damme: will use his sprites from street fighter the movie, sorta obviously. his movelist will solely comprise of references to his filmography. don't think i've forgotten you, double team.

Kaf Ka: the weird little magician from battle monsters enters the tournament because his companions, a pair of floating orbs, have been stolen and he needs them back really bad.

Makaryudo: one of the potential final bosses (i'd like to have the possibility of 4), the viking also from battle monsters slips into a frenzied rage after being told that he's a rip-off of shao kahn one too many times. in his blind rage he has gained new dangerous moves.

Noob Saibot: another one of the potential final bosses. he enters in the form of a blackened kano, as he did in mortal kombat 3.

Alchny: yet another one of the potential final bosses, and the title character. will be a shapeshifting character (morphs into other filler characters that i thought about but scrapped) but his normal sprites will use behemoth from battle monsters's sprites.

and that's all i got really. might add more details if i remember i forgot something, but that's pretty much it.
Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:18:56 am by MelvanaInChains
Re: Call of Alchny (digitized project and stuff)
#2  November 20, 2011, 08:03:18 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I wanna be a part of this, let me know if you need help coding stuff. I would offer my self as a char but no good camera ._.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#3  November 20, 2011, 08:04:41 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
will do, thanx. it can help having a competent coder doing parts of this lol
#4  November 20, 2011, 08:26:48 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Be honest, that story you wrote for Kaf Ka was so you wouldn't have to code that stuff wasn't it lol.
#5  November 20, 2011, 08:31:46 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
yes. i have no shame.
#6  December 10, 2011, 01:17:36 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
alright, more brainstorming stuff. in short: my camera is dead atm (of course), and so any ideas i had i can't really do so to speak because i ain't got no actors. so maybe....i can ask here? maybe? i'uno.

in terms of concept, this is starting to turn into a weird mash-up of thunder duelists and any sufficiently weird concepts i can think of that are also possible in terms of costume. so essentially, it might end up having just 'melvana' but it might also have some characters i played that are just farfetched character designs cribbed from various concepts of mythology at the same time.

just a few of these ideas:

Private Azubato Ayes: a soldier who had died deep in a lake, but was somehow brought back to life by mysterious means (sort of a reference to zombie lake i guess). his entire face is obscured by black cloth and he wears the typical army helmet. the gimmick with this guy is he's able to rearrange his facial features around his entire body, sorta like zappa from guilty gear. sorta. this will be done by cheesy video editing effects. he's loosely based around the noppera-bō as he actually does not have a face. oh and his namesake comes from the hall n' oates song 'private eyes'. i don't know either.

Closet Killer: a life-size toy ninja that was only built to kill, and is only able to talk if he pulls his own string. aside from that concept, i don't really have his appearance idea nailed down yet. his namesake, stupidly, comes from the nickname of the  1969 paramount tv logo.

unnamed: this concept actually showed up in one of my dreams last week or so. basically a father somehow finds his family dead, and ends up falling face-first into the snow outside and lays there to die. he eventually reanimated into a hideous undead....thing, of sorts. reason why i say that is because i dunno how a concept like this is gonna play out in a digitized fashion. either way one of his gimmicks is that he'll draw blood from needles, sort of the opposite of acdc from jojo's. decided to attribute a mythology aspect by saying he's one of the oeonae.

there's also an inhumanly fast secret agent dude i also had a dream about the other night but i haven't really thought about it. so yeah, just dumpin' these stupid ideas here and...uh....please tell me one of you has a camera!!! if you do these are the requirements, mostly for self-inserts or your own concepts. dunno what i'm gonna do for THOSE ideas tho. and that's about that. what the hell did this project idea become???
Re: Call of Alchny (digitized project and stuff, anyone wanna do character acting?)
#7  December 13, 2011, 08:14:18 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Well, the charging dock for a camera I have is missing, but as soon as I find it, I'll be more than happy to assist you, mainly because this sounds awesome and motion-captured MUGEN characters need more love.

I know there's been an increase, but WE NEED MORE STILL.
Re: Call of Alchny (digitized project and stuff, anyone wanna do character acting?)
#8  December 13, 2011, 05:18:27 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
ah thanks man, 'ppreciate it

like i said you can come up with whatever you want, nothing is really concrete

and yes. we do need more indeed.