YesNoOk

Rumble Pack! (Read 41241 times)

Started by Liero, June 20, 2011, 10:51:58 pm
Share this topic:
Rumble Pack!
#1  June 20, 2011, 10:51:58 pm
    • http://rumblepk.tumblr.com/

Info
Rumble Pack is a game with a fairly simple play system and a unique art style. 

Check here for links:
http://rumblepk.tumblr.com/

Also, check here for more recent discussion:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/rumble-pack-new-indie-fighting-game.149703/#post-6164934

It's a bit too much work for me to manage multiple threads on different sites, so I would recommend posting on the Shoryuken forums if you would like a more immediate response from me.  I will periodically check here, but not as often as the Shoryuken forums.  Sorry, but it's just easier for me that way.

Current version

Status
Rumble Pack has, for the most part, ended development.  Patches and fixes are still being done, but new content is on the back burner for a while.

Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:12:18 am by Liero
Re: Rumble Pack!
#2  June 20, 2011, 10:53:20 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
!!!
dude cant wait to try this out when i get home, congrats man
#3  June 20, 2011, 10:54:32 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
!!!
Wow I like the art stye to it, anyway I guess I'll check it out ;D
#4  June 20, 2011, 10:55:52 pm
  • Slash!!
Great project  :D I like the style of Tsukiko, type Skullgirls  ;D
Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:03:20 pm by jafar
#5  June 21, 2011, 01:22:28 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Downloading asap to test  :sugoi:
#6  June 21, 2011, 06:11:55 am
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
This is so f :o cking awesome! I was waiting this for a long time ;D
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#7  June 21, 2011, 01:52:56 pm
  • Oh joy..
    • USA
Well, I just played it and I now know that I will never beat the 1st arcade match.. ;P
PSN: UchSasuke
SFxT     CoD: MW3   LBP2
#8  June 21, 2011, 09:28:40 pm
  • Participate, be a part.
a lot of work and time done here.
#9  June 21, 2011, 09:44:27 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I'm having a hard time getting my controller to work for the game for some reason. It works fine with my personal Mugen and for SHADEs 2, but I can't get it to work here. I go to options and switch Joystick to enabled, and then go to set the controls, and it just won't detect it for some reason. However, after I switch joystick to "enabled," the menu cursors can be controlled with the d-pad on my controller, but none of the other buttons work. Is this happening with anyone else? I'm seriously baffled and I really want to play this.

Download Last Bout now!
#10  June 21, 2011, 10:07:53 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Didn't really test the system, so here's what I can comment about all your characters. Just one single thing for them:

Sofie: It may be possible to reach an infinite with her "D,B,a/b/c" special. I mean, I was just randomly spamming this attack along with normal attacks and without even realising it I reached a 15-hit combo, using it close to the opponent.

mc_supercut: Super "D,F,c" misses if the opponent is close. I don't understand why when the non-super versions can hit if he's close.

zppr: Same as above, "D,F,c" super misses if the opponent is close, when the non-super versions do not miss.

That's all I could check right now. Sorry about the lack of feedback.
#11  June 22, 2011, 02:50:51 am
I'm looking forward to more feedback from all of you!  In the mean time, I've created an issue list up top that will have known issues and I'll fix the important ones in the following patch.

Now to answer a few questions:

Didn't really test the system, so here's what I can comment about all your characters. Just one single thing for them:

Sofie: It may be possible to reach an infinite with her "D,B,a/b/c" special. I mean, I was just randomly spamming this attack along with normal attacks and without even realising it I reached a 15-hit combo, using it close to the opponent.

Yep. It sure is.  Added to the issue list.

mc_supercut: Super "D,F,c" misses if the opponent is close. I don't understand why when the non-super versions can hit if he's close.

zppr: Same as above, "D,F,c" super misses if the opponent is close, when the non-super versions do not miss.

That's all I could check right now. Sorry about the lack of feedback.

These are known and fixed on my end.  Expect a patch soon.  Added to the issue list.

I'm having a hard time getting my controller to work for the game for some reason. It works fine with my personal Mugen and for SHADEs 2, but I can't get it to work here. I go to options and switch Joystick to enabled, and then go to set the controls, and it just won't detect it for some reason. However, after I switch joystick to "enabled," the menu cursors can be controlled with the d-pad on my controller, but none of the other buttons work. Is this happening with anyone else? I'm seriously baffled and I really want to play this.

I'm not really sure why you are having this issue, but a while back I stopped using MUGEN's built in joystick support because it kept undoing my settings and I was re-configuring it each time I booted up.  Instead, I started using xpadder (http://www.xpadder.com/).  It lets you use joysticks on game that do not support them (or have poor support).

Keep that feedback coming guys and expect a patch by the end of the week with something new added!

#12  June 22, 2011, 03:51:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
It's mainly a MUGEN problem, IIRC. Your best bet is to copypaste the control info from the CFG in your personal MUGEN into the CFG of this. When you set up, you'll need to use the keyboard, more than likely.

• Characters sink when they hit the ground. In each character's constants, set movement.air.gethit.groundlevel to 0 and this ought to take care of it.
  • Botched cleaning on the background sprites in the parking lot stage.
  • Projectiles lack CLSN2, so they can't collide with other projectiles.
[li]Matches last too long. This can be solved by upping all the damage values (and there's a setting in options that does that).
[/li][/list]

ZPPR
  • Light bullet attack whiffs randomly. Best way to recreate this is to use MC Supercut as the dummy and have both characters stand on the ends.
  • Projectile CLSNs are too small.

MC Supercut
  • Leg CLSN on stance >_<
  • The CLSNs on the DP+C super should probably extend with each pillar, just to give it an anti-air property.
  • CLSNs on his projectiles are even smaller. Even if you put a CLSN2 of the same size around it, the chances of it doing anything are next to none.

Also what is this:

Sofie
  • For some reason I have a bad feeling about QCB+atk. 3 can be activated and then set off at the same time.
  • Probably the most powerful character so far... and most annoying.

So far, I like the style, and it seems fun to play. Though the music could be a little more exciting.
Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:47:06 am by Jesuszilla
#13  June 25, 2011, 12:31:02 am
New patch and fighting style for Sofie available up top!  You should be able to unpack what's in the rar file directly into the main directory, replace everything, and it should all work. 

Not everything was fixed, but major issues have been resolved.  I am also aware that the AI is way too good and needs to work with lower difficulty settings.

Also what is this:

That is a side effect of my resizing of all of his sprites.  They used to be roughly a quarter of the size and when replacing them, some hitboxes/coded effects got weird.  That graphic is supposed to be much smaller.
Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:35:24 am by Liero

ALD

#14  June 27, 2011, 04:37:10 am
Congratulations, your art graphic is very impressive.

#15  June 27, 2011, 11:38:27 am
Already found an infinite with Zppr
#16  June 27, 2011, 11:48:44 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Download Last Bout now!
#17  June 27, 2011, 01:24:05 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain

Put the exact combination of attacks and/or conditions necessary to reproduce it, else your comment is useless.
Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:41:05 am by Nanashi_1337
#18  June 29, 2011, 09:07:47 am

But the exact combination of attacks and/or conditions necessary to reproduce it, else your comment is useless.

Yeah I sort of do need some evidence of an infinite.  Keep in mind though, that if your opponent hits the ground at any point during the combo, more likely than not, they'll be able to tech off the ground.

At any rate, how is every one enjoying Rumble Pack so far?
#19  June 29, 2011, 10:53:43 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Looks as good or better as the overhyped upcoming skullgirls game
#20  July 01, 2011, 01:11:11 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
I have to say, this is pretty fun. Good job so far.

Although when I try to do MC Supercut's QCF+Strong attack, instead of firing the projectile, he produces a giant clone of himself.
And this is with the patch applied.