YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 486474 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018-19) Careful what you wish for...
#221  June 17, 2019, 03:07:54 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
An unexpected surprise update. I didn't have plans for him initially, though KFM has AI now, courtesy of Zzyzzyxx. His code and everything is still labelled and understandable, so that shouldn't pose any problems. Same deal as Sagat, the AI makes him non-compatible with Win.
#222  June 17, 2019, 03:17:19 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Please replace it with this version:

EDIT: link removed

* Adds AI codes for Roll Backwards

* Makes it possible to cancel KF Palms into KF Barrage / KF Barrage MAX (it is indeed a reliable combo)

* Full jump-in combos are more likely

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed his AI.
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:51:16 pm by Zzyzzyxx

DW

#223  June 17, 2019, 03:30:35 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Done.
#224  June 17, 2019, 04:22:48 pm
I just tested the KFM AI, sweet stuff, he puts up a good fight. I am really happy with his AI.

Edit: Here's  my second fight vs Sagat . He's very good too.
https://streamable.com/m2y5y
I said this to Kame as well, I can't autopilot him which is awesome.

Looking forward to see what you guys do with the rest of the cast especially Rock, Mai, Dame, Skullo, Poison and Robert.

Edit 2: I am one of those 2 people that like Survival in mugen so having AI's will  make that mode fun.
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:32:38 pm by PeXXeR
#225  June 18, 2019, 06:16:31 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So this is something that just hit me and I felt like I should bring it up. Remember how I was talking about how I couldn't get certain moves to work properly, like how in one of my usual combos with Hiryu, I was getting EX Ame no Murakumo instead of EX Gram? Sometimes I still do, but it feels like there's more input time for Ame no Murakumo than there is for Gram. In addition to that, tying it into the combo part of it, I think there are just times where something is making it so the inputs aren't being read until a certain point.

I know I keep bringing this up and harping on it, but this is not an issue I've had before the update and like I said before, this is a combo I've been doing with Hiryu since I got him and I've always pulled it off flawlessly prior to the update. If you want to test it out, the combo itself is Formation A: Drone > EX Gram > Air Grab after the wall bounce > OTG Ame no Murakumo > Zantetsuken/Nagrarok. I know you must be exhausted of this topic even now, but I implore that you check this out again, please.

DW

#226  June 18, 2019, 03:48:12 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I do that combo often myself and am currently having no problems. However, I do admit that for some reason, Hiryu does feel a bit different compared to everyone else. I don't know why, looking over everything, it's all the same as anyone else. I suppose I may just start from scratch with the buffer and try to pay closer attention when doing it. Murakumo doesn't have more time than Gram. It has the same time now, but before it didn't. Gram had more, though I decreased it because it was being "stored" for some reason. IDK. Like I said, I'll probably just make a new one and see if that helps.
#227  June 18, 2019, 04:13:42 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
if you want to make AI for your chars and still compatible with WinM, you can make a patch with the AI apart of the characters or simply make the AI-patched char as a separate download (you know, there're still people that didn't change to 1.0 like me :P)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

DW

#228  June 18, 2019, 05:19:37 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Don't feel like doing the patch stuff. I'll make a folder in my MediaFire that keeps the Win compatible versions. Though only difference is AI.
#229  June 18, 2019, 10:01:41 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
the stuff I do with AI are exclusively 1.0+ things that breaks on win. for example ifelse being evaluated no matter what breaks my AI entirely so you can't downgrade it at all.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.

DW

#230  June 18, 2019, 11:04:12 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
No no. I'm not trying to/wouldn't even attempt to downgrade any of the (future/current)AI added to my chars. What I'm saying is that I still have them before AI was applied to them. I will upload those to my MediaFire. They'll stay compatible with Win, they just won't have AI. That's as far as I'm willing to go.

At any rate, there's been an update. KFG now has AI thanks to Zzyzzyxx once again. KFM and Sagat's AI has been been tweaked respectively as well.
#231  June 18, 2019, 11:49:14 pm
I really wanted to ask bout KFG, however I did now want to be a douche, good work Zzyzzyx !
#232  June 19, 2019, 01:13:52 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
the stuff I do with AI are exclusively 1.0+ things that breaks on win. for example ifelse being evaluated no matter what breaks my AI entirely so you can't downgrade it at all.
I wonder which chars from DW you intend to work on. I might happen to work on some other char before long, and I don't want do it on a char that another creator happened to pick.

I mean, the possibility exists, but that depends on the players enjoying the work I had been doing so far. Feedback on the current AIs is greatly appreciated.
#233  June 19, 2019, 01:51:44 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I haven't made any other mid-boss/boss tier chars aside from Akuma and Sagat.

Wasn't Kula a mid-boss in KOF2000? I know she was a mid-boss only in this game and a normal character in following games.

DW

#234  June 19, 2019, 02:19:17 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I wonder which chars from DW you intend to work on. I might happen to work on some other char before long, and I don't want do it on a char that another creator happened to pick.

I mean, the possibility exists, but that depends on the players enjoying the work I had been doing so far. Feedback on the current AIs is greatly appreciated.

Only the ones I bribe him to do. :P Which is currently just Akuma and Sagat. Don't worry about that. I'll let you know about that so that doesn't happen.

Wasn't Kula a mid-boss in KOF2000? I know she was a mid-boss only in this game and a normal character in following games.

IDK, but I don't consider her a mid-boss/boss tier char. Doesn't matter though, she'll get AI regardless. Everyone will.

#235  June 19, 2019, 07:26:15 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Welp, we're gonna die if Kamekaze is doing the AI XP

That's real cool, though ^..^
That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read he is the one creating the AI.  He does an awesome and professional job, but his AI always far exceeds my fighting game abilities, and as a result I have to order=0 the characters.  It sucks, because I suck, and his AI loves to remind me every millisecond. 
Still great news though, because like I said, Kamekaze doesn't f*ck around when it comes to AI.
#236  June 19, 2019, 07:59:23 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read he is the one creating the AI.  He does an awesome and professional job, but his AI always far exceeds my fighting game abilities, and as a result I have to order=0 the characters.  It sucks, because I suck, and his AI loves to remind me every millisecond. 
Still great news though, because like I said, Kamekaze doesn't f*ck around when it comes to AI.

To be honest, after a few fights against him, I can tell he is not THAT cheap. He is strong but beatable. And yes, I suck at fighting games too. Oh, and before you ask, I fought him on Medium 4. Also I tested him in watch mode (in Hard 8 this time) against some other chars, I can tell his AI is great, as I said, strong but beatable, Kame did an amazing job.
#237  June 19, 2019, 11:37:28 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil

There are statedefs in Sagat's .air file. I found it strange.

DW

#238  June 21, 2019, 02:24:38 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I just checked this and didn't see anything like that in the air... Idk what happened with that. Maybe something odd happened with the download. Try re-downloading.
#239  June 21, 2019, 02:38:44 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Nope. Freshly downloaded, no overwritten files, those lines of code persist.

DW

#240  June 21, 2019, 02:56:24 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I checked that air animation 8050 and just reuploaded him. There was no statedef coding there. Try now?