YesNoOk

SHADEs of Manhattan 2.5 - Plans for a Big Update (Read 59440 times)

Started by Sean Altly, January 16, 2012, 11:57:27 pm
Re: SHADEs of Manhattan 2.5 - Plans for a Big Update
#41  February 06, 2012, 06:18:45 am
    • Mexico
So which characters were you planning on giving sprite fixes? I think Vesper's head, specially her chin, should be fixed a little. Unless she's supposed to have a big chin that is.
#42  February 06, 2012, 09:25:30 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Well, for SHADEs 2.5, I probably wasn't going to really do anything with sprites. Mostly code stuff, plus the new character snd stages, and finished AI. Vesper and Zenith will probably get a few touch ups in SHADEs 3 though.

Download Last Bout now!
#43  February 08, 2012, 12:09:39 am
So with all that said can you tell us what the EX characters will be like, or perhaps how far along you are with 2.5? Or perhaps I've asked too many questions
#44  February 08, 2012, 01:11:22 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Well, as you can see from the ones in SHADEs 2 already, the EX characters are different versions with moveset changes and such. The EX characters usually use existing sprites, just to be clear, because if I have to make new sprites for them, I'd rather make a whole new character. That doesn't mean that I never make new sprites for them though. I just only do it when needed. As far as specifics, I can tell you the following about the ones I've made already, spoiler'd since it's a big wall of text:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyway, as far as progress on the update goes, all that's really left to do is EX Zenith and the storyboard explaining Kane's transformation into Omega Kane. Kamekaze is working on finishing the main cast's AIs so that the arcade mode will have mor evaried fights. Dark Nation is done and might get a solo release soon.

Download Last Bout now!
#45  February 08, 2012, 02:07:07 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
The new DM has no name yet and is a very SNK-ish full-screen super where he creates a ton of energy pillars. Think of an even bigger, longer lasting version of EX Adamas' Diamond Uprising DM. Don't worry, it's not too cheap, it doesn't do a ton of block damage and can be seen coming. But if it hits, it does decidedly boss-esque damage.

How's "Abaddon" sound for this bad boy?
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson