Started by ExShadow, December 11, 2013, 02:42:45 am
Share this topic:
Re: New Godzilla 2014
#41  March 03, 2014, 04:57:00 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
That second trailer is really great, and Bryan Cranston sells the shit out of that speech. I'm looking forward to this.

Ps. Rubber/Foam suits rock CGI.
CGI has advanced to the point where that's not really true anymore, IMO. :-\

... unless the director is really incompetent or something.
#42  March 03, 2014, 05:23:53 am
    • Austria
    • seanmarion91@gmail.com
Great trailer.

Mezmerized by the astounding lack of Asians.

Count:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#43  March 03, 2014, 05:39:30 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
dont worry, there is going to be a flashback scene to 1954 that will be full of asians
#44  March 03, 2014, 06:27:17 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
and they would most likely use chinese actors for it

Bea

#45  March 03, 2014, 10:30:01 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Ps. Rubber/Foam suits rock CGI.
CGI has advanced to the point where that's not really true anymore, IMO. :-\

... unless the director is really incompetent or something.

Unless you're old and grumpy like me.
Then you will always prefer practical effects over CGI, because CGI looks dumb and not organic and something and something else. >:(

Some of the cinema magic is lost when you use CGI for everything. :(
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#46  March 03, 2014, 10:34:16 am
    • USA
What about something Gravity!? You couldn't do that with practical effects!

Bea

#47  March 03, 2014, 11:10:09 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
2001: A Space Odyssey would disagree with you. :P

And I didn't even see gravity. Theatres here only carried it in 3D and I can't do 3D films. :(

Now back to Gojira. If this one delivers as much as it is looking like it will, I hope they will add Mothra on the next one.
I am a big fan of Mothra. :D

I have high hopes that this won't Man of Steel us, where they delivered a trailer showing that they got Superman and then delivered that final mess of a film.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#48  March 03, 2014, 11:23:22 am
    • USA
The stuff in Gravity is literally impossible to do using practical effects. 2001 is not a good comparison. :-\

I have high hopes that this won't Man of Steel us, where they delivered a trailer showing that they got Superman and then delivered that final mess of a film.
The director's previous film and the interviews he's been giving certainly seem he knows what he's doing; I'm not worried.

Bea

#49  March 03, 2014, 11:47:28 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
The director's previous film and the interviews he's been giving certainly seem he knows what he's doing; I'm not worried.

Aye, I know. And I am quite optimistic about this film.
But after what happened with Man of Steel, I have been really cautious about having my hopes really high up after trailers.

#50  March 03, 2014, 11:59:12 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If Godzilla kills the other monster it won't break his character at least:p

I am a HUGE Godzilla fan. But I think the cg will definitely improve the film. Especially the destruction of cities. Having a guy in a costume step on toys just never looks good.

I wonder how they will portray his radioactive breath though. Spikes better light up 1st! I'm afraid they'll be looking to something somewhat similar in nature for realism and screw it up.

The new roar is already bugging me :(

Bea said:

If this one delivers as much as it is looking like it will, I hope they will add Mothra on the next one.

As long as Mothra is not the horrid Heisei one!
#51  March 03, 2014, 12:10:46 pm
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
The new roar is already bugging me :(

yeah me 2 

as a life long Godzilla Fan im really happy with the look of the film in the new trailer & of the toys from the new line the monster thats available in the Destruction city set , looks like a cross between Gigan/Gyaos From Gamera & Cloverfield , im kind of hoping it goes all morphing & Becomes something ALOT cooler looking than the toy thats in this pic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=812174945462859&set=pcb.595836903841898&type=1&theater

lol i collect G figures as well & some people Got lucky the other day and some Toys R Us's accidentally put out a few of the figures  so a few people Already have a copy of some of the toys.... lucky lol

u can see some more pics of the new toys here

http://www.scified.com/site/godzillamovies/godzilla-2014-toy-packaging-picture-revealed
#52  March 04, 2014, 03:53:12 am
    • USA
But after what happened with Man of Steel, I have been really cautious about having my hopes really high up after trailers.
Well if they start calling him "visionary director Gareth Edwards" I'm gonna start getting worried!
#53  March 04, 2014, 08:47:33 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
2001: A Space Odyssey would disagree with you. :P

And I didn't even see gravity. Theatres here only carried it in 3D and I can't do 3D films. :(

Now back to Gojira. If this one delivers as much as it is looking like it will, I hope they will add Mothra on the next one.

The trailer seems to hint there will be more monsters , I wouldnt be too surprised if mothra showed up in this one.
#54  March 05, 2014, 12:58:17 am
    • USA
The plot descriptions mention multiple monsters, and I do remember there being stuff somewhere that talked about how there was more monsters than just Godzilla beyond that plot descriptions. I've also seen people speculate that one of the monsters in the trailers is Rodan, but I figure they'll just do original ones for this first movie and save the classic ones for later.

Hopefully we'll get Mothra, tiny singing faeries and all.
#55  March 05, 2014, 01:10:52 am
MOTORAH! i fucking hate those fairies.
#56  March 05, 2014, 04:33:07 am
  • The Red-Eyed Wonder
I love how civilized the discussion is here. If this were a kaiju-centric message board, people would be griping over how Godzilla's feet look or some crap. (Yes, there have been complaints about his feet!)

I won't be seeing this for a midnight showing, but I will be in a theater somewhere opening day for it. Never would I miss my favorite monster's return to the big screen.
This thread is producing a shitload of bad grammar, at this rate it'll be a disease.
#57  March 05, 2014, 05:54:27 am
    • USA
The plot descriptions mention multiple monsters, and I do remember there being stuff somewhere that talked about how there was more monsters than just Godzilla beyond that plot descriptions. I've also seen people speculate that one of the monsters in the trailers is Rodan, but I figure they'll just do original ones for this first movie and save the classic ones for later.

Hopefully we'll get Mothra, tiny singing faeries and all.

yeah their are at least 3( or the illusion of 3)if u put together the 1st teasers,The Toy, & the new Trailer ....in the teaser u see a Dead Centipede type monster in the destroyed  city , the Toy has that thing that i described personally looks like Gigan,Gyaos & clover field together lol  in the new trailer u see His "foot  or claw"smash its either a bridge or a railway  & then the "Flying Monster u see in the new trailer " why that could be a Version of the monster that comes in the Toy set, from all of the close up pics ive seen it looks to be of a Giant Flying insect but that kind of looks more like final form batra than mothra , of course ive also seen people speculate its an updated version of Daikondoru  or the Giant Condor that attacks godzilla in godzilla's Revenge , & of course speculation its also a new version of Rodan .........who knows lol     

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1397253147207330&set=gm.217631605110861&type=1&theater                                             

Posted: March 07, 2014, 08:01:15 am
origin of Godzilla & Muto revealed on the Back of the Toys

http://www.scified.com/site/godzillamovies/godzilla-and-muto-origins-revealed-in-godzilla-2014-toy-description

main points

Here's what the excerpt reveals to us about both Godzilla, MUTO and the film's plot:

Godzilla is amphibious
Godzilla is male, not female
The atomic blast from 1954 did not kill Godzilla
Godzilla has been asleep in the Pacific Ocean for decades
The MUTO is an ancient creature, from the same time period that Godzilla existed in
Both Godzilla and the MUTO were natural enemies
Godzilla's atomic ray is consistent with previous films, though a rare occurance. Possibly because it does him harm or depleats his energy. The weapon may be more of a "last attempt" to survive, rather than a casual tool of destruction
Something resurrects the MUTO, which threatens Godzilla's survival
There could be more than one Godzilla in hibernation deep in the ocean
The information revealed from this description opens up our understanding of what Godzilla is and where he came from, as well as an idea of what the MUTO actually is. Be sure to check back often for more updates on Godzilla 2014 and take part in the Godzilla discussions in the Godzilla 2014 forums, here!
Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:02:03 am by ZombieBrock

Bea

#58  March 07, 2014, 01:15:40 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
main points

Here's what the excerpt reveals to us about both Godzilla, MUTO and the film's plot:

*snip*
Godzilla's atomic ray is consistent with previous films, though a rare occurance. Possibly because it does him harm or depleats his energy. The weapon may be more of a "last attempt" to survive, rather than a casual tool of destruction
*snip*

Okay, this bit I don't like. :(
The atomic breath is quite iconic and Gojira always used it freely when he felt like it.

#59  March 07, 2014, 01:34:32 pm
    • USA
yeah i completely Agree
#60  March 07, 2014, 03:15:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The only thing I can think of is that maybe they found it too overpowered? I don't know. I'm trying to keep an open mind with this. I mean Japan has given godzilla new powers as well. So tweaking this one might be okay. I'm glad he still has it. Lets say I am cautiously optimistic. I'm still a bit more upset with the roar :p