YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 494322 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018-19) Careful what you wish for...
#261  June 27, 2019, 04:16:03 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Fixed the super finish fx for his projectiles. Also increased the buffering window for Kongou(the ground punch super) a bit to be more user friendly. I already explained the throw tech'ing in your PM. That's not mid throw. That's during a side switch into a throw. Which is allowed.
#262  June 27, 2019, 04:46:39 pm
Thanks for the updates DW !

DW

#263  June 27, 2019, 05:02:55 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
No problem. Thanks for the support and feedback.
#264  June 28, 2019, 01:13:29 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So after doing aesthetic feedback for other people, I realized I haven't done any with yours. Must be either I forgot or wanted to wait until everyone's update is out first as you may or may not fix them already. Well here it is (If I have not mentioned the character you made, I don't see any aesthetic issues with them):

Athena:
-Her standing HK doesn't have a landing effect.

Blair:
-Her Tsukami Hiza Kick throw doesn't have envshake during the knee kicks.

Jill:
-Her Knife Slash throw doesn't have envshake.

Kula:
-Her Behind Slash throw doesn't have envshake.

Lilith:
-Her Moon Slicer throw doesn't have envshake.
-Her close standing HK doesn't have a landing effect.

Mai:
-Her standing MK doesn't have a landing effect.
-Her Shiranui Steel Press throw doesn't have a landing effect when she touches the ground.
-Ryu En Bu doen't have a landing effect.

Morrigan:
-Her Breast Anguish throw doesn't have envshake.
-Her close standing HK doesn't have a landing effect.

Poison:
-Her Migraine throw doesn't have envshake during the headbutts.

Sagat:
-His King's Clutch throw doesn't have envshake during the knee kicks.

Not sure if it's intentional, but I realized some throws some have envshake or only have it on certain parts. Why do the throws with slash sparks not have them or the ones with additional hits don't have them until the last hit? I also noticed some characters leave the ground with two feet and don't have landing effects in them. Since you plan to do additional updates to add AI, I hope you take a good look at these.

By the way, I looked at the file dates for Hiryu and I don't think you uploaded the update. The dates are still from last months.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#265  June 28, 2019, 01:16:36 pm
This is hitbox dependent on the chars however Akuma's low tatsu will clip some opponents like this.
https://streamable.com/i4vp4
It happenes vs Jotaro, POTS Yuri and I forgot who else. Its not consistent vs Yuri though. Its not just them however.
Really throws me off in the middle of a battle.
#266  June 29, 2019, 06:45:05 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Zzy is doing AI for your chars, right? I went through KFG CMD file to check the AI, since during the fight she used some moves a lot more than normal, and I noticed some triggers are wrong, for example:

Code:
trigger1 = ctrl || StateNo = 40 || StateNo = 52 || (StateNo = [100,101])
trigger1 = p2bodydist x = [-const240p(8), (98 - const(size.ground.front)) * const(size.xscale)]
trigger1 = p2dist y = [-28 * const(size.yscale), const240p(8)]
trigger1 = p2bodydist x >= 60
trigger2 = p2statetype != A
trigger2 = random < (50 * (ailevel ** 2.0 / 64.0))
; condition
trigger2 = var(5)
trigger2 = p2bodydist x = [-const240p(8), (ceil(((3 / 5.0) * 71) - const(size.ground.front))) * const(size.xscale)]
trigger2 = p2dist y = [ceil(((3 / 5.0) * -28) * const(size.yscale)), const240p(8)]
trigger2 = movehit
trigger2 = enemynear, gethitvar(hittime) >= 4
trigger2 = random < (200 * (ailevel ** 2.0 / 64.0))

This is EX KF Shuffle, there are 2 "trigger2 = random < [...]" which obviously is a mistake, the first one should be trigger1 instead of 2. As a result she is using this move a lot, whenever she has meter enough she uses it. There are more states that have 2 of the same trigger number with random. Some also have "random < 0" and some have very high numbers like "random < 640" or "random < 500". This makes her too strong IMO, IDK if is on purpose as I put high values when creating AI for test, but I lower them after testing, you might want to check / lower these values.
#267  June 29, 2019, 04:15:42 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Thanks for the feedback. Gonna address your comments immediately.
#268  July 01, 2019, 09:56:30 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
I'm still depressed that Jadeeye hasn't updated the A.I he made for Psylocke. It's probably because these get updated to insanity.
#269  July 03, 2019, 02:14:57 pm
Some feedback for Robert too.
Some times his dragon punch will just clip the opponent for 1 hit, also his close HK that you can chain off like Mai chaining HP to HK will not come out 80% of the time during battle and Robert will just stand there, I can do it in training but in a battle it just does not come out.

Edit: Here's what I mean about Robert's kick
https://streamable.com/m01fy
Mai and Sagat have the same combo and it works as it should.
Its like the pushback on the standing fierce is too much or it just does not want to cancel for some reason.
It failed me 3 times in a roll here :/
Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:39:38 pm by PeXXeR
#270  July 03, 2019, 09:51:47 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Skullo Dive follow-up from Skullo Head doesn't come out. No matter what punch I press, it just doesn't work.

Also, I hate to say this but Hiryu feels exactly the same and I can't seem to make him work for me like I used to. I have a similar issue with Rock, sometimes when doing certain executions a bit too fast, I'll end up getting Shinku Nage instead of Hard Edge like I want.

I had thought that it had just been the explod buffer system itself and some weirdness with keyboard play, but Jmorphman included them with his character updates and they work fine. I actually consistently play with all three forms of his Kyo and I've never had any issues with execution. I don't want to sound rude, but I really think you should check over how you implemented the code on everyone again.
#271  July 03, 2019, 10:48:13 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Skullo Dive follow-up from Skullo Head doesn't come out. No matter what punch I press, it just doesn't work.
Has been addressed as well. I sent a fix for this problem to DW. Thanks for your reply.
#272  July 03, 2019, 11:48:35 pm

Also, I hate to say this but Hiryu feels exactly the same and I can't seem to make him work for me like I used to. I have a similar issue with Rock, sometimes when doing certain executions a bit too fast, I'll end up getting Shinku Nage instead of Hard Edge like I want.

I had thought that it had just been the explod buffer system itself and some weirdness with keyboard play, but Jmorphman included them with his character updates and they work fine. I actually consistently play with all three forms of his Kyo and I've never had any issues with execution. I don't want to sound rude, but I really think you should check over how you implemented the code on everyone again.

DW is actually using Vans's buffering system not the explod one.

With Akuma it is impossible to do a jumping HK to close HP to low tatsu. you get the 3 hit fireball. If you let go of forward it will work but when you're going for a close HP that's kinda iffy. DW thinks im holding down on HP for a long time but that's defo not the case.
The explod buffer does not have that issue.

Edit: come to think of it even some of the cancels to the hypers feel different, granted DW has said that he has not changed the windows, however before I can perfectly time my special to hyper cancel, to give you an example, with Dame, I could perfectly time my kicks and then to the mirage hyper now, I just have to mash, if I don't Blair wont do it.  Rock feels fine.
Mai feels fine. There was more chars that had that issue, I cant remember which ones right now though.
Edit: Tia was one of them.

This is just speculation on my part, but I don't think its the cancel windows, its actually the negative edge or whatever thinking buttons are being pressed or held down.

This is really nitpicky though,however i've been playing with these chars for years at this point and I noticed the differences immediately.
Bar some of the canceles feeling off and some button presses, chars feel waaaay better then before.
Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:24:58 am by PeXXeR
#273  July 04, 2019, 05:23:24 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
That explains why it feels so different, it's a completely different buffering system. You're right about it being a noticeable difference, I've been playing these guys for a while, myself. The only character I really had any issue with was Hiryu, and just getting Gram instead of Ame no Murakumo and vice versa. For some reason, it feels very finicky as to what it decides to give me as far as his moveset is concerned, and I'd say I've played Hiryu more than any of his other characters before the update.

DW

#274  July 06, 2019, 03:42:02 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

All this is intentional. I give the last hit shake for clutch throws to add more "oomph". Breast Anguish does have shake. Also, all the moves that you say don't have a landing fx, the chars are not changing statetypes. Even if it looks like they are. A landing fx is only needed when they go from air type, to stand type.

By the way, I looked at the file dates for Hiryu and I don't think you uploaded the update. The dates are still from last months.

Yeah, I didn't. My bad. Will upload.

This is hitbox dependent on the chars however Akuma's low tatsu will clip some opponents like this.
https://streamable.com/i4vp4
It happenes vs Jotaro, POTS Yuri and I forgot who else. Its not consistent vs Yuri though. Its not just them however.
Really throws me off in the middle of a battle.

I can't control other chars' hitboxes. Though I'll see about making some slight tweaks to Akuma's hitboxes and possibly add a bit of width to try and keep p2 from clipping thru him.

Some feedback for Robert too.
Some times his dragon punch will just clip the opponent for 1 hit, also his close HK that you can chain off like Mai chaining HP to HK will not come out 80% of the time during battle and Robert will just stand there, I can do it in training but in a battle it just does not come out.

Edit: Here's what I mean about Robert's kick
https://streamable.com/m01fy
Mai and Sagat have the same combo and it works as it should.
Its like the pushback on the standing fierce is too much or it just does not want to cancel for some reason.
It failed me 3 times in a roll here :/

Bruh... You do know that he can only command cancel from specific normals right? You're doing far s.HP... He can't command cancel from that. As for his DP, you're referring to the HP/EX versions I'm sure. I could buff his hitbox a bit, but because his HP/EX DP's 1st hit doesn't pop p2 into the air, like say Akuma's DP, the 2nd hit can sometimes whiff depending on the chars' hitbox. At the end of the day, that's just the way it functions.

Zzyzzyxx addressed the Skullo thing. Pexxer addressed the buffer.

I don't see how you would get Shinku Nage where you literally have to register an variant of Up AND Fwd in conjunction with a QCB to do Hard Edge... Shinku will not register if you don't push those directions. I can not accommodate you any longer. I didn't actually upload the Hiryu tweaks on accident. That's my bad. Though even when I do, that's it. Like I said, you did have a point with Hiryu somewhat. Though the Rock thing, not at all. Even so, I am willing to tweak Shinku a bit because I do believe I'm being too generous with 360 motions. Will do the same for Juli as well.

I will upload the changes/fixes I need too soon.
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 03:46:29 am by DW
#275  July 06, 2019, 09:10:02 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I actually thought I had said that I was pressing up and fwd since I was doing a jump-in heavy kick. I was tired when I had posted that due to morons messing with fireworks very early in the morning and keeping me awake, so that one's on me.

To be more precise, the exact combo is jump-in HK, crouching MK, and then trying to use Hard Edge but sometimes getting Shinku Nage. It only really happens if i do the inputs fast enough, but I still thought it was worth mentioning.
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 12:13:31 pm by Project.13
#276  July 06, 2019, 12:50:50 pm
The range for the close hp is still pathetic, why not let him do it from both ?  like Sagat etc ? im right next to Jotaro in that clip and he does not do it. It just feels clunky and I cant count on it at all.
It's fine I can edit that myself.

Thanks.

Edit: After checking Mai and Sagat both use the close HP too, I guess they just have more range.
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 01:26:57 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#277  July 06, 2019, 07:33:50 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Not every char is going to have the same range on their attacks... Robert's close HP is a close range cross body blow. You'd have to be very close to someone to do that. Mai and Sagat's close HPs are different types of punches, that have more range. Don't play him like he's Sagat or Mai. Use a different follow up attack. His close MK has better range, or cr.MK would be best.

At any rate; Akuma, Athena, Blair, Eliza, Hiryu, Jill, Juli, KFG, KFM, Mai, Morrigan, Robert, Rock, and Skullo have all been updated. There was a bug that I fixed with Blair's Max Spin Side Shoot that I mistakenly added due to following FF's detect error stuff. Thanks to Fclass for telling me. Addressed Akuma's ground tatsus, adding a bit more width and nerfing the reverse kick hitbox a bit. Buffed Robert's DP hitbox a bit, along with changing the hit anim for p2 to "high" for the 1st hit of HP/EX versions. Cuz some people like to use different hurtboxes for gethit low standing... Instead of just using the same hurtboxes for all the gethit standing anims... :-\

Made adjustments to Hiryu's time allowances and buffer/cmd priority. Zzyzzyxx updated KFG, KFM, and Skullo's AI and fixed the Skullo Dive bug. Finally, I also reduced the time allowance for HCB/360 commands for everyone who needed it/had it. e.g. Akuma, Athena, Eliza, Jill, Juli, Mai, Morrigan, Robert, and Rock.
Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:08:44 am by DW
#278  July 06, 2019, 08:27:13 pm
Thanks to both you and Zzyzzyxx for the updates. I'll be testing these guys tonight with my friends, I'll report if I find anything funny.

#279  July 06, 2019, 09:36:50 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Tried out Hiryu for a bit and there's a definite improvement with his commands and input this time around. Gonna have to get into training with him to get better with him again, but everything works the way it should on him. Thank you DW, and I'm sorry for troubling you if I did.

DW

#280  July 07, 2019, 01:05:07 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You're good man. Don't worry bout it.