Started by Mr. Giang, May 17, 2019, 05:31:36 pm
Share this topic:
Dark Phoenix
#1  May 17, 2019, 05:31:36 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

All of these were done last week. While I only show most normals here, all specials are actually finished and I'm just too lazy to record them. Now I just need to code Healing Shield, Phoenix Rage, Phoenix Rebirth and do some usual play-testing. Jean should be done soon.
No release date but none of ya folk need it anyway.
Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 05:36:37 pm by Mr. Giang
Re: Dark Phoenix
#2  May 17, 2019, 06:58:17 pm
  • Look out for falling Roadrollers
    • USA
Dark Phoenix huh
5000 people would like to know your location

Also nice
#3  May 17, 2019, 07:19:46 pm
    • Brazil
This is just regular Phoenix, dude, like in MvC3, unless you want to make Dark Phoenix as an alternate mode. But by all means, its awesome that you're making her.
#4  May 17, 2019, 10:05:11 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Would be really interesting for her to have a Dark Phoenix mode. I can't tell from the title if she's this by default to which I'd suggest tone it down a bit, if she indeed will have that as a super mode or she's just Dark Phoenix in name only, but functions like normal Phoenix otherwise. If it's the third option, buffing her health would be a good idea since that is the very reason why she was so frail in the source to begin with.
#5  May 18, 2019, 12:44:40 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
This is just regular Phoenix, dude, like in MvC3, unless you want to make Dark Phoenix as an alternate mode. But by all means, its awesome that you're making her.

She is going to have Phoenix Rebirth from MvC3, which will transform her to Dark Phoenix (since her CS has been lazily done by me, this should be possible with some use of remap palettes). Won't be as cool as source but welp, I suck at spriting and CS'ing. Clickybaiting is good for business.

Would be really interesting for her to have a Dark Phoenix mode. I can't tell from the title if she's this by default to which I'd suggest tone it down a bit, if she indeed will have that as a super mode or she's just Dark Phoenix in name only, but functions like normal Phoenix otherwise. If it's the third option, buffing her health would be a good idea since that is the very reason why she was so frail in the source to begin with.

While Phoenix don't have source-accurate frame datas like most of my previous works like Cap and Ironman (due to the lack of guides and information about her on Internet), she will still be 90% of what you would expect from MvC3 and UMvC3 with some twists :p. I do plan to make her less squishy (so she could at least have some chances to get 5-bar, especially when considers how hard it is to get full bar with my characters) while her Dark Phoenix form will be a little less bork compared to source (as my works generally lack of hitstun decay, which can result in some of her source combos being infinite).
Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:42:18 am by Mr. Giang
#6  May 18, 2019, 01:23:59 am
    • Brazil
So, its just Phoenix then, I'll just suggest that you change the topic's title and wait for another amazing release.
#7  May 24, 2019, 02:07:31 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
DO U have a LINk to download this chars or  Magneto ??? I cant find NO LInks ON twitter

MAy u add googledrive or media fire
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#8  May 24, 2019, 02:51:08 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam