YesNoOk

(TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader... (Read 218151 times)

Started by Fob1aZ, July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
Share this topic:
(TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader...
#1  July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com

Hello everyone! :) My name is FobiaZ, from Italy. I'm in the Mugen world for more than 10 years and someone could know me for my collaboration with MugenPixart Team, an italian group which's developing Saint Seiya and Samurai Troopers mugen games. By the way I'm here to show some stuff about a personal mugen project, called HEROES GENESIS.

My purpose is to create a 2d fighting game about HEROES, an American sci-fi tv drama series created by Tim Kring and appeared on NBC from 2006 to 2010. The story is about some people around the world who discover to have extraordinary abilities; while some of them hide the thing and try to have a normal life, others try to understand the origin and the reason of their powers. These individuals are destined to save the world, but they will have to guard their backs from a mysterious company that observes them behind the scenes, but above all, from a terrible serial killer who hunts for specials...

Actually my project is going very slowly. I'm working alone and I'm not an expert drawer, so I've searched some good SNK-like characters to use as "starters" for the game characters. The first character I've developed is the main character and my favourite, Peter Petrelli, althrough I hope to develop at least another character and release a first demo of the game. After that, if I'm lucky and I can find some help with the graphical part, I could reach the final goal of 9-12 characters in order to have a full game which tells the events of the first season of the show. Here below you can check the project's main updates and gameplay details:

Characters:

- Peter Petrelli (100%)
- Hiro Nakamura (100%)
- Claire Bennet (10%)
- Nathan Petrelli (1%)
- Gabriel Gray / Sylar (1%)
- Niki Sanders (0%)
- Noah Bennet / H.R.G. (0%)
- Mohinder Suresh (0%)
- Matt Parkman (0%)

Bonus / Secret Characters:

- Claude Rains (1%)
- D.L. Hawkins
- Ted Sprague (0%)
- The Haitian (0%)

Stages:

- Deveaux Building (100%)
- Kirby Plaza (100%)
- Times Square (50%)

Screenpack:

- System (100%)
- Opening sequence (0%)
- Ending sequence (0%)

Gameplay Details:

- Unique Passive Abilities for each character (f.e. Health recovery for Claire, Immunity to time-based moves for Hiro etc.)
- Extendable Special Moves (extensions add more damage and facilitate combos strings; extend a special move requires 1 power bar)
- Breakaway (when juggled, you can accelerate your fall and evade further enemy's combos; this action requires 2 power bars)
- Defensive mechanics (when grounded, you can delay, roll forward or backwards or raise fast and counterattack; these actions require 1 or more power bars)
- 1 Extraordinary Move for Character (a finishing move which could change in relation of character's palette\version)

Future Possibilities:

- Introduction dialogues for\with each character
- Collision Moves (characters collide, and the one who presses the right button in a certain time wins while the loser is damaged)
- Story Mode with Unlockings (using Mugen Story Mode by Kamiloxnumetal)

Screenshots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Comment please! :)

Mirror topic to MugenPixartTeam here (italian forum)
Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 03:22:06 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES MUGEN PROJECT
#2  July 15, 2014, 01:28:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is a very nice idea, and you seem to use a good base for Peter.

However, it's better to focus first on this first character only, and not try to create too much stuff at the same time.
The goal would be to :
- create a full character to show the gameplay system,
- have the whole game system well coded in this character so you can use it as a template for the next characters,
- see how much work it is to sprite and code a full character, so you can tone down your expectations a little (because 10 chars for a beginner spriter is really a lot, I can tell you).

Hope to see more anims soon, as well as a potential movelist for Peter (or would he be like Twelve in SF3, or rather Rogue in MVC, stealing powers from his opponent, since he's a sponge ?).
#3  July 15, 2014, 02:26:59 pm
    • Italy
This is a very nice idea, and you seem to use a good base for Peter.

However, it's better to focus first on this first character only, and not try to create too much stuff at the same time.
The goal would be to :
- create a full character to show the gameplay system,
- have the whole game system well coded in this character so you can use it as a template for the next characters,
- see how much work it is to sprite and code a full character, so you can tone down your expectations a little (because 10 chars for a beginner spriter is really a lot, I can tell you).

Hope to see more anims soon, as well as a potential movelist for Peter (or would he be like Twelve in SF3, or rather Rogue in MVC, stealing powers from his opponent, since he's a sponge ?).

Hi Star Fucker! Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I'm working only on Peter Petrelli in order to develop the basic code for the next ones. I know it will take time but I'm sure it will be a good game if I develop all my ideas!

About Peter's movelist, he will have all characters' auto-abilities (one thing I forgot to write is that every character will have an auto-ability active during all the match: f.e. Niki will have a shield just like Colossus, Claire the ability to recover a portion of life after first k.o., Hiro the immunity to time-based attacks) and 1 Special Move taken from each other character (f.e. Telekinetic Push from Sylar, Time Slowing from Hiro, Lift from Nathan etc.), but less powerful\effective: in this way Peter won't be too much almighty.

By the way in the future I would like to develop a "Fugitive" version of the char: since in that season he can absorb one power at once and have full control of it, he could have different single-power-based movelists selectable by palette and intros (f.e. palette 001 he shake hands with Nathan absorbing his power, palette 002 with Matt etc.). How you can read, I'm forward-looking and have clear ideas about the project! :D
Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:35:47 pm by FobiaZz
#4  July 15, 2014, 07:09:19 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
This is looking awesome. I never thinking seeing Heroes in MUGEN.
#5  July 16, 2014, 02:25:03 pm
    • Italy
#6  July 17, 2014, 12:53:18 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I never thought too. :) I think the world of MUGEN needs characters like these ones.

I thinking the same way bro. Keep it up. I'll be watching the whole progress. :thumbsup:
#7  July 18, 2014, 02:33:15 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Are going to put the finishing moves in the same style of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue?
The Dragon is here!
#8  July 18, 2014, 10:47:12 am
    • Italy
Are going to put the finishing moves in the same style of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue?

Hi Dragon! I don't know the mechanic of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear finishers because I never played them (I just saw gameplay videos). I thought something like x-ray moves btw If you know how BB & GG finishers work (requirements to activatation, power, gauge etc.) could you please explain me in this topic? It could be very useful!
#9  July 18, 2014, 03:10:29 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
For Guilty Gear, you can activate it by pressing the four attack buttons and then execute the proper command, make sure you gained enough power gauge before activate it or elsewhere your character loses a bit of life gauge unless you press the four attack buttons to deactivate it. It can be used once.

For BlazBlue, in your "match point", make sure you got the power gauge is full and then check if your opponent is at least 35% of his/her lifebar to perform it. Once you complete the specific conditions, execute it with the proper command. As of Chronophantasma, you don't need the burst icons.

I recommend you to use the BlazBlue method.
The Dragon is here!
#10  July 18, 2014, 06:43:57 pm
    • Italy
For Guilty Gear, you can activate it by pressing the four attack buttons and then execute the proper command, make sure you gained enough power gauge before activate it or elsewhere your character loses a bit of life gauge unless you press the four attack buttons to deactivate it. It can be used once.

For BlazBlue, in your "match point", make sure you got the power gauge is full and then check if your opponent is at least 35% of his/her lifebar to perform it. Once you complete the specific conditions, execute it with the proper command. As of Chronophantasma, you don't need the burst icons.

I recommend you to use the BlazBlue method.

Ok therefore BlazBlue finishers are bond to enemy's health, althrough I would prefer to avoid those dipendences from lifebars in favor of a smart gameplay, Btw I'll consider it eventually. Thanks! :)
#11  July 19, 2014, 05:39:51 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
The guy's coat (on the standing sprite goes down to his legs but you cant see any of the coat between his legs, just saying.
Other than that its pretty nice
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12  July 20, 2014, 04:15:09 am
    • Italy
The guy's coat (on the standing sprite goes down to his legs but you cant see any of the coat between his legs, just saying.
Other than that its pretty nice

Hi 21! There is the coat between the legs but is a bit short. and dark. I'll extend it later. ;) Thanks!
#13  July 24, 2014, 02:57:50 pm
    • Italy
Here is the new standing with improved lower coat part:

Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:44:46 pm by FobiaZz
#14  November 20, 2014, 12:36:22 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
No problem man, take your time. ;)

And nice progress! :thumbsup:
#15  November 27, 2014, 01:15:17 pm
    • Italy
Thanks! :)
#16  November 28, 2014, 10:07:31 pm
Wow, this looks awesome, really liking those peter petrelli sprites

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#17  December 02, 2014, 02:21:07 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Sweet
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#18  December 06, 2015, 09:18:44 pm
    • Italy
Wow, a year is gone! Oo By the way, I was able to draw the entire walking animation for Peter! :D
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:08:15 am by F0b1aZ
#19  December 09, 2015, 06:33:18 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
for something like this i think you should get the boring stuff out of the way first the the get hit required sprites.
mugen or nothin

#20  December 09, 2015, 06:38:54 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
liking the progress
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce