YesNoOk

From Russia with Love; Trump's National Security Adviser resigns (Read 19971 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, February 14, 2017, 04:56:15 pm
Share this topic:
From Russia with Love; Trump's National Security Adviser resigns
#1  February 14, 2017, 04:56:15 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/us/politics/donald-trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn.html?_r=0

Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser, resigned on Monday night after it was revealed that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other top White House officials about his conversations with the Russian ambassador to the United States.

Mr. Flynn, who served in the job for less than a month, said he had given “incomplete information” regarding a telephone call he had with the ambassador in late December about American sanctions against Russia, weeks before President Trump’s inauguration. Mr. Flynn previously had denied that he had any substantive conversations with Ambassador Sergey I. Kislyak, and Mr. Pence repeated that claim in television interviews as recently as this month.

But on Monday, a former administration official said the Justice Department warned the White House last month that Mr. Flynn had not been fully forthright about his conversations with the ambassador. As a result, the Justice Department feared that Mr. Flynn could be vulnerable to blackmail by Moscow.

In his resignation letter, which the White House emailed to reporters, Mr. Flynn said he had held numerous calls with foreign officials during the transition. “Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the vice president-elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador... I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such a distinguished way,” Mr. Flynn wrote.

Officials said Mr. Pence had told others in the White House that he believed Mr. Flynn lied to him by saying he had not discussed the topic of sanctions on a call with the Russian ambassador in late December. The F.B.I. had been examining Mr. Flynn’s phone calls as he came under growing questions about his interactions with Russian officials and his management of the National Security Council. The blackmail risk envisioned by the Justice Department would have stemmed directly from Mr. Flynn’s attempt to cover his tracks with his bosses. In addition, the Army has been investigating whether Mr. Flynn received money from the Russian government during a trip he took to Moscow in 2015, according to two defense officials.

Welp... Can't say I didn't see this coming, especially after his son got into an argument with a news reporter over Pizzagate.

OZ

Re: From Russia with Love; Trump's National Security Adviser resigns
#2  February 14, 2017, 10:19:16 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
I'm interested to see how this one turns out; really would love to get my hands on the transcript of flynn's phone call

will the white house be implicated by an attempted cover-up?

stay tuned
ಠ_ಠ
#3  February 14, 2017, 10:39:09 pm
It's almost like everything everybody was saying about Flynn was true after all, crazy right? and I bet u everybody in the Trump admin knew too, can't wait for that story.
#4  February 15, 2017, 03:17:28 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:23:02 am by Ricepigeon
#5  February 15, 2017, 05:26:26 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#6  February 15, 2017, 06:08:45 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Obama fired Flynn to. Flynn must be a scumbag backstabber & i'm glad he's gone.
#7  February 15, 2017, 01:19:08 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It hasn't even been a fucking month yet, enough bombshells have dropped to last a full presidential term.

Looking on the bright side, Trump's presidency is self-destructing faster than anyone could have possibly dreamed.  If we're lucky he and the rest of his lackeys will be gone with similar scandals before the year's out.
#8  February 15, 2017, 04:38:19 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
It hasn't even been a fucking month yet, enough bombshells have dropped to last a full presidential term.

Looking on the bright side, Trump's presidency is self-destructing faster than anyone could have possibly dreamed.  If we're lucky he and the rest of his lackeys will be gone with similar scandals before the year's out.

Why don't ya'll hold your breath starting now & see what happens first. Trump implodes or you kill over.
#9  February 15, 2017, 04:49:36 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hey, a "clever" way of telling somebody to kill themselves

How about you think of different ways to present your rebuttal chief
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#10  February 15, 2017, 07:45:08 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
I don't argue with liberals who want to start crap threads about the president. I figure they're are lost & will never change your minds, so not going to try. I will say this though I never once made a political thread threw Obama's administration here at MFG & that guy was the worst. I mean he created & funded ISIS, started 3 more wars, spent 10 Trillion dollars etc.. I kept my mouth shut here while watching certain people clap for that guy. Now I see the same culprits starting false narrative threads against Trump. You say clever way to tell someone to kill themselves & I say it's a half ass way of running a thread into the toilet. Don't like it then send my post to the recycle bin or ban me from MFG, because i'm only expressing myself like these other people.
#11  February 15, 2017, 07:49:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Express yourself without being a dickhead.

And wow you're uninformed!
#12  February 15, 2017, 07:55:39 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
 :dunce: (Says the snowflake to the dickhead)

#13  February 15, 2017, 07:58:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#14  February 15, 2017, 08:10:10 pm
stuff

You sound like the triggered libtards you insult. It's hypocritical as shit to do that and then get all hostile when someone speaks ill of the God Emperor.

Just say you don't trust the media, I question them too. You can do that without calling everyone here a miseducated leftist.
#15  February 15, 2017, 08:11:28 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
#16  February 15, 2017, 08:15:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I mean it has sources that come from off site too. But yeah, ignore that. A better rebuttal would have been to hold strong that Obama meant what he said and it wasn't a slip of the tongue. Since it can't be proven to be true or not you'd have more to stand on.

But you're right, it's in the toilet now that an insufferable blind rage has started posting. See you in 3 days
#17  February 15, 2017, 08:17:36 pm
  • Niigasan
U seriously salty that nobody likes trump racist ass lol how sad

OZ

#18  February 15, 2017, 08:27:16 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
don't feed the troll guys

edit: ah, troll slain vindicated
ಠ_ಠ
#19  February 15, 2017, 08:35:29 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Good gravy, there is a lot of things rolling out on Trump and it keeps on rolling...when will it end, no one knows.... On a side note, He comes back and released a stage and gets banned...wow.
#20  February 16, 2017, 01:38:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I figure this is the best thread to ask in, and I'm not trying to start anything, just have 1 question answered.

Why do right-wingers think Snopes.com is propaganda &/or biased &/or censorship &/or lies? Is there a real reason?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv