YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 863299 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#681  October 20, 2012, 07:53:59 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Since Iced is the admin that is more active in this forum, it's better you send it to him. You can also send it to GMods too.
#682  October 20, 2012, 08:22:54 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#683  October 20, 2012, 08:31:02 pm
    • Germany
#684  October 20, 2012, 10:17:35 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I didn't mean that you could skip your duty >:(
#685  October 20, 2012, 10:55:11 pm
Heheheh...
Thanks for the help, I won't bother you now for silly things. :)
#686  October 21, 2012, 12:39:16 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It's not hard, you just have to keep poking at him, telling him just the right things so he actually replies (without sounding like you're provoking him yourself, but like you're the good guy), then he goes mad and starts throwing shit all over the place and you guys ban him. Pretty normal strategy :mmiley:
Or maybe we could try and help him become a productive member of the community by explaining what he is doing and why it's wrong. And if he doesn't listen, then ban him.

or I guess we could go with your way of acting like a douche to every newcomer
#687  October 21, 2012, 12:49:32 am
Yeah, way to overreact, clearly I'm saying this should be done to everyone and not just complete assholes who have already displayed total disregard for all kind of open discussion and reasonable behavior. I'm also being very serious and not obviously joking. This is obviously "my way" even though I haven't had any interaction in several years with a newcomer that didn't know what he was doing (and even though I've never done that to begin with). Stop being an idiot. You're making shit up in your head about me for no reason other than you don't like me.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:55:45 am by DKDC
#688  October 21, 2012, 01:01:14 am
    • USA
#689  October 21, 2012, 01:16:01 am
Right, saying for no reason that I'm a douche to all newcomers is not an aggression.
(if you look closely at the strategy I posted above, you'll see that you're supposed to look like you're not attacking the other out of nowhere ;) otherwise it's just you who are the douche)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:35:23 am by DKDC
#690  October 21, 2012, 02:27:37 am
    • USA
Let's drop the tension between the both of you and come to the agreement that if someone is not doing something that they are not supposed to, that it should be dealt with in a mature manner. It can be strict, but not in a way that we are calling someone out in a derogatory way. I believe you two can both agree that doing this for the better of a newcomer in the community is far more better than just getting someone upset on purpose and getting themselves banned.
#691  October 21, 2012, 02:33:14 am
I've never said anything against that - I haven't even said anything about newcomers and I'm not arguing about how mods should handle anyone. I was just humoring Cybaster's fake and hypothetical threat and Rajaa calling him out on bluff.
#692  October 21, 2012, 03:34:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
To be fair, some mods have at times used that strategy. Poke poke poke OOH broke rules bye bye. It happens/happened.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#693  October 21, 2012, 05:24:50 am
    • Thailand
I don't think anyone has literally sat down at their computer, looked at their computer's screen, and told themselves that they're going to heckle a person until that person is banned/ban-able. I think it just happens to turn out that way sometimes. Consciously making an effort to force someone into a corner is much worse.
#694  October 22, 2012, 09:11:56 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
well, iced does. with that passive aggresiveness of his (or at least that's what everyone else says)
Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:26:53 pm by Bastard Wolf
#695  October 22, 2012, 09:15:25 pm
    • USA
#696  October 22, 2012, 10:16:18 pm
    • Thailand
Get off Iced's dick -- that's one cold fuck.
#697  October 22, 2012, 10:23:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Stop fighting for my affection.
I got enough for everyone.
#698  October 22, 2012, 10:26:11 pm
    • USA
#699  October 22, 2012, 10:33:51 pm
#700  October 22, 2012, 10:40:24 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Jmorphman definitely likes to get his facts straight.