YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 854400 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#761  December 04, 2012, 02:08:08 pm
    • USA
Well unless they would like to edit the features, in the mean time you just have to resist the urge to press the spoiler....~
#762  December 04, 2012, 02:59:00 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
So I tried the ignore feature for the first time today, what with all the "GUYS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NAVANA, USE THE IGNORE FEATURE" and...

1) The post is spoilered. I've never seen a spoiler I didn't click on, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

2) So let's say I supress the urge to click on the post. I still get to read it when I hit "Reply."
3) You can still see the thread the ignored person created (I ignored Wlanmaniax and I still see his ugly threads in Releases). You forgot that one, Jango, and I agree with you, too.

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#763  December 04, 2012, 09:03:18 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
If you want an example of how to handle the Ignore function:

1) I see that the person I have on Ignore has posted something.
2) I check the message, if I want to post in that thread, so it doesn't feel completely disconnected from the current discussion, or just to make sure if it's something really relevant that I need to know.
3) I refresh so the spoiler returns and I don't have to watch his/her comments in case they prove it was a good reason to put the user on Ignore.

It's more like helping you to control yourself from paying attention to him/her, rather than just making you unable to see any comment from him/her. And if you think about this, it's rather pointless to make you completely unable to read all of his/her posts, because if someone quotes the user, then you will be able to watch its comments, and maaaaaybe it doesn't post stupid things all the time. Honestly, the way it works right now is fine.
#764  December 06, 2012, 08:38:54 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
And here I was, thinking that the "ignore feature" made the one you put on your list completely disappear from Guild, with his posts not existing at all on your end.
#765  December 06, 2012, 08:41:21 am
    • Thailand
Please make the ignore feature delete the account of the users I choose to ignore.
#766  December 06, 2012, 09:10:01 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I didn't say that. ::)

Remember when some staff members were talking about a punishment for some guy who kept posting too much crap, and they wanted his posts to be invisible to all users except for himself, so he'd be wondering why nobody answers his posts, making him feel lonely and possibly lead him to suicide make him leave.
Well, I thought this was finally implemented, but in a more global way. :P
#767  December 06, 2012, 09:48:33 am
Ninja ban. Good time it would be.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#768  December 06, 2012, 09:50:11 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Still disappointed that's too hard to implement. That would be far more useful than a normal ban.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#769  December 06, 2012, 01:24:02 pm
"ninja bans" are just cruel and not worth the effort of implementing
#770  December 06, 2012, 01:30:08 pm
    • Thailand
I didn't say that. ::)

Remember when some staff members were talking about a punishment for some guy who kept posting too much crap, and they wanted his posts to be invisible to all users except for himself, so he'd be wondering why nobody answers his posts, making him feel lonely and possibly lead him to suicide make him leave.
Well, I thought this was finally implemented, but in a more global way. :P

Oh, I was just going along with you and exaggerating even further. Since you're like the king of exaggerating and stuff, I thought you'd get it. =p
#771  December 06, 2012, 03:49:55 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Well Jango since we can't get what we want, we might as well ignore him and not give him the attention he desires, I know it's hard but at least try dude.
#772  December 06, 2012, 03:54:10 pm
i find it ridiculous that someone that was previously permabanned for lying and being an attention whore in general can come back, do literally the same thing and go unpunished
#773  December 06, 2012, 03:57:59 pm
  • SNK is life
So I tried the ignore feature for the first time today, what with all the "GUYS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NAVANA, USE THE IGNORE FEATURE" and...

1) The post is spoilered. I've never seen a spoiler I didn't click on, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

2) So let's say I supress the urge to click on the post. I still get to read it when I hit "Reply."

So in short, telling someone to put a bothersome user on the Ignore List is dumb because it does jack crap (except maybe for PM's, I dunno), and people who talk about how they can't see the offending posts are lying.
Just FYI, before the overhaul ... the interactions of the ignored poster would still be shown like a regular post, except a spoiler INSIDE the post would appear sating something like "Spoiler: You're ignoring this user"

Now it appears as Collapsed in a completely ignorable yellow, same as the "Last edited by" which you should train your mind to ignore anyway. So you have it a lot better now, you just need to control your urge to click the damn collapsed ignorable yellow spoiler.
#774  December 06, 2012, 05:51:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Still disappointed that's too hard to implement. That would be far more useful than a normal ban.
tell valodim to code it like a normal ignore, but make the spoiler link unclickable.
#775  December 06, 2012, 10:19:52 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
i find it ridiculous that someone that was previously permabanned for lying and being an attention whore in general can come back, do literally the same thing and go unpunished
I thought he was banned for pretending to be another person the first time, and the second was for ignoring moderator's orders. Lying about a forum isn't really on the same level, IMO.

I dunno, I'm just not that worked up about it. And most people aren't replying to Navana anyway (despite his every effort), so it's not like he's being very distrustful. :-\
#776  December 06, 2012, 10:33:53 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
After he was exposed he made another account to trap, it was quickly seen and both his normal and new account were banned. He made a third one but that got banned as we didn't want him. Also it's not just lying, he's horribly disruptive to the forum, honestly, would it hurt if he got banned? Would anyone honestly give a flying fuck?
#777  December 06, 2012, 11:00:15 pm
Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:20:46 pm by Titiln
#778  December 06, 2012, 11:44:33 pm
    • Thailand
I've never seen someone so eager to get someone else banned.
#779  December 06, 2012, 11:47:21 pm
address the issue at hand
#780  December 06, 2012, 11:48:28 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman