YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 865367 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#1061  February 27, 2013, 06:38:42 pm
    • Thailand
The point is that he can't be himself anymore. If he comes back as someone else and we don't know, tough shit for us, however, it would mean that we officially got rid of hate speech and flame baiting, so our duties are done, nonetheless. Unless his new account starts up something stupid, he won't be noticed. I'm 100% sure dozens of users have changed their information and came back as different people, if we don't know who they are or what accounts they are using, then our bans worked, one way or another. They're the ones that have to be in disguise and hold back comments they would usually be able to post if they were their normal selves.

We are aware of the flaws of banning someone online. And just because someone said they won't come back, doesn't mean they won't come back.
#1062  February 27, 2013, 06:44:56 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Tons of people use that as an excuse for things like backing down from a battle or even to try to plead out of a ban. Nine times out of ten people don't seem to hold themselves to it on the internet.
#1063  February 27, 2013, 06:55:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
two years is pretty much forever on the internet, the worse that can happen  is what just happened with the guy titiln banned, who came back asking to post his mugen works to get feedback and the staff had already forgotten why he got banned.
#1064  February 27, 2013, 07:02:09 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Points taken. I wasn't advocating not banning him, I just felt 2 years was too short in comparison. iirc, wasnt his first account banned almost 2 years ago? If he couldnt change in those 2 years then odds are he wont change.
#1065  February 28, 2013, 04:23:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Just a general thing for those of you who may feel like you want to start anew. Trashing your topics or requesting that you can swap accounts to leave the other stuff behind you doesn't work.

If you slip in your quest for a fresh start and someone recognises you, or alternatively someone outs you. All you get is flack and you are actually just as badly off as before because everyone sees you trying to hide.

Embrace your past, accept it, and then try to improve. Show people you aren't who you were. Don't hide behind a new name and a new account. If people are going to bring up your past they will do it regardless of your new name/account. What should be important is who you are trying to be. If that means your past has some crap in it, that's something you have to live with because that crap will always be there.

Also it means we don't need to do any obnoxious work.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1066  March 01, 2013, 05:41:36 pm
Well said Cyanide, I agree with your post! :)
#1067  March 03, 2013, 09:37:44 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
about GrayIce why dont you just delete the alternate account and give the original a 6 Hour or 1-Day Ban or Just a Warning in a PM asking not to do it again or a Ban is next on his list
#1068  March 03, 2013, 09:38:28 pm
make this man gmod
#1069  March 03, 2013, 09:45:12 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You're not a mod/gmod/admin dnceles, you don't get to decide what to do for a user that goes against the rules.
#1070  March 03, 2013, 09:48:28 pm
    • USA
You're not a mod/gmod/admin dnceles, you don't get to decide what to do for a user that goes against the rules.

just suggesting I don't wanna people to look at me as if I'm Backseat Modding
#1071  March 03, 2013, 10:00:30 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Pretty demanding for someone who says he's not backseat modding. ;)
#1072  March 03, 2013, 10:09:37 pm
    • USA
Well I'm Sorry Everyone if that Sounded Offensive to u I Really Am
#1073  March 03, 2013, 10:10:31 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
about GrayIce why dont you just delete the alternate account and give the original a 6 Hour or 1-Day Ban or Just a Warning in a PM asking not to do it again or a Ban is next on his list
Uh, we're fine? We can handle this stuff. :|
#1074  March 03, 2013, 10:18:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1075  March 04, 2013, 02:17:18 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1076  March 04, 2013, 02:26:34 am
    • USA
#1077  March 04, 2013, 02:28:12 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
* C.A.N takes out a cleaver *
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1078  March 04, 2013, 04:42:13 am
    • Thailand
This thread is for stuff in the Warnings Thread., it's not a place where users come to suggest bans.
#1079  March 04, 2013, 05:29:24 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Nor is it the place for you all to have a fun little discussion and make jokes. We have plenty of threads for that, we would like to keep this one understandable rather than full of wise cracks.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#1080  March 08, 2013, 11:47:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
regarding wild tengu, ,maybe he lost access to his old email, has happened to me before.