YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1563781 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#421  January 18, 2016, 06:09:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
every single original episode seem to have top notch quality. only the retells have somewhat lower one.

the only actually bad scene i noticed on this last episode was beerus seen from the front looking iffy, other than that, nothing really that bad.
#422  January 18, 2016, 06:41:31 pm
every single original episode seem to have top notch quality. only the retells have somewhat lower one.
Boat party and Pilaf gang adventures. Super thick lineart because it's zooming in super close to a drawing supposed to be wide angle.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#423  January 18, 2016, 07:00:06 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Are you guys watching the last episodes? The animation are EVEN TERRIBLE, especially in episode 25. :(
I mean, thinking that they'll fix that shitty animation now but, UGH! >:(
Not only the animation, the whole episodes stories are... slow.

The pacing should pick up now that we're firmly into original stories.
As for the animations, uhhh I'm sure the DVDs will be better?
I honestly don't know what to say to that.
#424  January 18, 2016, 07:02:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Boat party and Pilaf gang adventures. Super thick lineart because it's zooming in super close to a drawing supposed to be wide angle.

those were still firmly part of the retells werent them?

It almost feels like they were doing the show so far so that people wouldnt be forced to watch the movies to get situated in the show, and so they sped through everything that was some sort of a retell.

things like pan birth episodes, the alien cats, vegeta training with beerus, vegeta and whis, stuff that was solidly not in the movies seems to be always better done to me so far.
#425  January 18, 2016, 07:05:24 pm
The stuff on the boat, yeah, but it wasted a bullshit long ass time on the Pilaf gang doing fuck all (and complaining they were hungry) before getting to the boat. It got way better for the first Gods fight and everything after that (so the gods fight, a retell, was still a massive improvement, even from the movie that used random 3D Budokai stuff).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#426  January 18, 2016, 07:49:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and they did not even have mai befriend trunks.
Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:52:35 pm by Bastard Mami
#427  January 19, 2016, 01:10:57 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They also cut out beerus and whis talking about beerus being the one that instructed freeza to murder vegeta father and destroy the planet.
#428  January 21, 2016, 08:33:10 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#429  January 21, 2016, 10:23:14 pm
    • USA
dude, did you have to make the font that big?
#430  January 21, 2016, 10:44:02 pm
  • SNK is life
lol 

the horrible quality is so undeniable even Toriyama himself couldn't keep his opinion to himself :P
#431  January 22, 2016, 05:12:01 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#432  January 22, 2016, 05:16:40 am
    • USA
its really obnoxious but eh whatever.

lol even akira toriyama doesn't like the animation? wow thats sad
#433  January 26, 2016, 02:45:32 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Really sad to know that Toriyama is disappointed with the shitty animation.
Here's a resume of what he said.
Akira Toriyama said:
“Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live-action movie (DB Evolution), re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I’m complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much I can’t leave it alone“.

In other words, he's back to DB because of the big shit DB Evolution was. And maybe he'll continue making all-new DB stuff.
Well, so that's a good thing coming from DB Evolution, it makes Toriyama back to DB lol. :P (even though many people keep thinking is because DB GT...)
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:12:40 pm by 【MFG】gui0007

lui

#434  January 26, 2016, 02:52:00 pm
    • USA
db evolution isnt the sole reason, hes just stating that he cant let the series go.
#435  January 26, 2016, 03:04:03 pm
#436  January 26, 2016, 03:12:18 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#437  January 26, 2016, 03:31:13 pm
db evolution isnt the sole reason, hes just stating that he cant let the series go.
he wants to leave it, he wanted to leave ever since the cell saga but he was pressured by jump back then.
and now it seems like Toei pressuring him to keep the series alive.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#438  January 26, 2016, 03:33:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The interviews I read had him wanting to make the new show , not toei pressuring him?  If toei just wanted to make a new show without him they couldve bought the rights and continued from GT
#439  January 26, 2016, 03:50:27 pm
Yeah, everything since battle of gods was stuff he wanted to do for a while and get away from numbers and power levels.
Not sure how well that's going, Toei is still trying to put numbers on golden freeza and we still don't know what he wants to do with the other universes beside the mirror one.
#440  January 26, 2016, 05:32:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he wants to leave it, he wanted to leave ever since the cell saga but he was pressured by jump back then.
and now it seems like Toei pressuring him to keep the series alive.

he wantd to leave back then, because being overworked and the only thign he had done for years and stuff. he took a nice break from it after the buu saga and felt like going back to it; I'd say it's kinda weird that eh complains about the quality of super since z was worse , but what I know, maybe he complained about zeta a lot back then and people just disregard that because of theri found memories of zeta. and yes, zeta is the one I talk about when I coplmani about people comparing zeta promotional art (not screen captures) to super's inbetween frames.