YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556903 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC7 + BGs beta
#921  July 30, 2013, 03:36:06 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Anyway, BG bug report. I'm not sure if anyone else ran into this problem, but any stage I load up basically does this.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I can move the image around but it's all zoomed in super close.
Try to reduce the zoom level and check if the problem persists.

Still nothing. It's zooming in and out, but the BG remains the same.
What is your graphics card?

I managed to reproduce the bug.
-Had 2 projects open.
-Open a new blank project. New > New Project > Hit Enter.
-Options -> Interface -> Preset: Classic
-Apply.
-Crash.

I saved the .dmp file. Here it is: FF3.dmp
Congratulations, you found a bug in one of the Qt libraries!  ;)
#922  July 30, 2013, 04:03:55 am
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
Awesome - Glad I could help.

Quick question: Is there a way to modify the syntax errors that FF3 shows me in the .CNS editor? Little things like 'helpertype =' are showing up to be syntax errors - I would like to fix that.
#923  July 30, 2013, 09:08:17 am
    • Canada
GeForce GT 540M. I'm running FF3 off my laptop.
#924  August 01, 2013, 02:27:16 am
  • your soul is mine!!
    • Brazil
for some reason my internet not download mediafire's files
you can use the 4shared or other server?
#925  August 01, 2013, 08:31:47 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
i have been using FF Classic all this time,and i donwloaded this just now.Holy shit,its freaking awesome,i love it,its a large improvement and this ought to make stuff easier for me.Thanks
#926  August 02, 2013, 09:17:14 am
  • ♫♪∑☪ Lone Wolf ☪∑♪♫
    • Cuba
    • csmugen.ucoz.com
It stops working while opening certain stages, such as "Saiyan Pride" by "NoZ"...
„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„¨"°º¤ø„¸ ♫♪∑☪ Eternal Legend ☪∑♪♫ ¸„ø¤º°"¨„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„
#927  August 03, 2013, 11:23:13 pm
  • NvP!
Wow started to love the stage editor by the first second omg ! It makes the work faster and easier !!
Though it misses stuff like the 'scalestart' parameter, also sometimes the parallax was really fucked up on some stages.
Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:42:29 am by Blvck.Scvle.299
#928  August 03, 2013, 11:41:52 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
i have been using FF Classic all this time,and i donwloaded this just now.Holy shit,its freaking awesome,i love it,its a large improvement and this ought to make stuff easier for me.Thanks

I think I'll keep classic for Portrait Work and this for Stage Making. It'll be interesting when I actually get my hands dirty based off of everyone's feedback.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#929  August 04, 2013, 01:57:58 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Awesome - Glad I could help.

Quick question: Is there a way to modify the syntax errors that FF3 shows me in the .CNS editor? Little things like 'helpertype =' are showing up to be syntax errors - I would like to fix that.
Yes, edit the SyntaxMugen.xml file.

About the BGs editor, it's just the first Beta. It misses support for certain parameters and some have a partial implementation, like parallax,
I'm working on it now.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added the steps to activate Crash Dumps on Windows and included a link to the Debug build. Anyone experiencing crashes try this version with Crash Dumps on and send me the dump file. The debug build makes my work of solving crashes more easy. Also, developers can run it inside a debugger to test FF3 too.
Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:53:24 am by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC7 + BGs beta + Debug
#930  August 05, 2013, 04:40:24 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
VirtuallTek, I was wondering if I could ask for another feature. I may have asked before.
I use FF3 to edit sprites ALL of the time. I find it easier than opening Paint or Photoshop and doing the whole process to change 4 pixels.
Yet sometimes I'd like to use an image and expand upon it.

Please add in an option to make the size of the images boundaries larger. Some times I need to edit hair or feet or anything but there's no room. If you could add it so when the size is increased it has the "transparency's" color.

It'd be extremely awesome if you could increase the size by clicking the option, then clicking the center of each side or one of the four corners. Then press enter to lock the changes.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#931  August 05, 2013, 05:30:05 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Image -> Properties, and increase the image size here.
#932  August 06, 2013, 06:42:46 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hey VirtuallTek, I have a question in regards to the latest version FF3:

When I add a sprite as an non-indexed PNG, FF proceeds to create a palette for the image upon importing. How is this determined? Sometimes I try to add a sliver of off color to be used as the BG color, but that doesn't work all the time. To me, it looks like It's looking for the darkest color and uses that as the BG color. Is there some sort of criteria I can follow to get this right? I'm trying to import an animation I made of 179 frames. The animation has a lot of dark colors in it. Reason being, it's used for lightning flashes of sorts. So, because of this, there's lot of shades of white. Those shades get picked as the BG color, which completely destroys my effect. Any advice for this? You have no idea how much I REALLY don't want to manually index each of these frames.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#933  August 07, 2013, 12:08:27 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
By non-indexed do you mean 24-32 bit?
If you are working with SFF v1 or v2.0, 24-32bit images aren't supported in these formats. When you add a new sprite in this format, FF3 will tell you that when you save the file all unsupported formats will be indexed. The palette FF3 generates for these sprites is unexpected (color quantization algorithm). If you want full control over it, you have 2 options:
1) Add a previously indexed sprite.
2) Use the built-in image editor to convert it to 8-bit and edit the palette yourself.
In FF3 the transparency must be the first color in the palette. It's the only thing you must keep in mind in that case.
#934  August 07, 2013, 01:47:23 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
By non-indexed do you mean 24-32 bit?
If you are working with SFF v1 or v2.0, 24-32bit images aren't supported in these formats. When you add a new sprite in this format, FF3 will tell you that when you save the file all unsupported formats will be indexed. The palette FF3 generates for these sprites is unexpected (color quantization algorithm). If you want full control over it, you have 2 options:
1) Add a previously indexed sprite.
2) Use the built-in image editor to convert it to 8-bit and edit the palette yourself.
In FF3 the transparency must be the first color in the palette. It's the only thing you must keep in mind in that case.

Yes, I'm referring to PNGs that were exported from After Effects. I believe they are 24-bit images, though I don't really know for sure. Anyways, I'm getting that exact, expected warning when importing each image. This is normal and understandable because I know the images I'm importing are non-indexed. I was able to solve it earlier today actually. I added some pixel-thick lines of pure black (#000000) to the top of my comp, so that when exporting, the topmost portion would be used for the palette. The only way it seems to fail is when trying to crop during export. It for some reason ignores those top pixels I added and finds new "BG" colors. Some images even had multiple transparent colors marked for some reason. As soon as I stopped using the crop feature during import, I was able to import my images and use the top sliver of true black as my BG color.

Thanks for your response. :)

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#935  August 15, 2013, 01:19:14 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
#936  August 19, 2013, 10:18:50 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
- one thing that i noticed happens sometimes is loading a character which crashes FF3 (loading bar is at 60%): it happened randomly several times loading Goku Z2 (1.0 version) & a bunch of other chars (most of winmugen chars load normally usually but some never, and some load up but there are no files, except the basic author infos etc)
- when using the auto-arrange button to order the anims chronologically, it sometimes don't do it and mixes up everything instead: attempting to use it again freezes the program & crashes it after

EDIT: hadn't seen the first page with the Windows Debug
#937  August 21, 2013, 06:02:32 pm
  • Fighting games are love... fighting games are life
    • USA
    • jmkt94@gmail.com
awesome i was waiting for ff3
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC7 + BGs beta + Debug + Patch 2
#938  August 22, 2013, 06:33:18 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Using Koldskool's latest Angel update
I dunno why, but your Angel crashes my newest version of Fighter Factory!  :freak: Everytime! Other chars are working fine, even other chars from you...

Just to make sure I re-downloaded Koldskool´s Angel... still the same...
There are syntax errors in the lines 2507 and 3912.

- one thing that i noticed happens sometimes is loading a character which crashes FF3 (loading bar is at 60%): it happened randomly several times loading Goku Z2 (1.0 version) & a bunch of other chars (most of winmugen chars load normally usually but some never, and some load up but there are no files, except the basic author infos etc)
- when using the auto-arrange button to order the anims chronologically, it sometimes don't do it and mixes up everything instead: attempting to use it again freezes the program & crashes it after

EDIT: hadn't seen the first page with the Windows Debug
Do you can send me one of those chars that only the .def is loaded?

Patch 2 on the first post. Just need to swap the .exe.
- Fixed some things in the BGs editor.
- Fixed all bugs in the AIR editor.

Thanks!
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC7 + BGs beta + Debug + Patch 2
#939  August 24, 2013, 03:19:29 pm
    • norragak@yahoo.com
With patch2, FF3 (either x86 or x64) will stop responding right after you draw a new clsn in Animations editor.
My OS: Win 7 SP1 x64.
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0 Final Release Preview
#940  August 25, 2013, 01:47:16 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Final Release preview on the first post.

I'm splitting FF in two versions now: The 3.0 one (current stable build without any additional (non standard) editor and the new 3.1 (Beta build with stage and motif support).
When this 3.0 build proves to be 100% stable (as seems to be), I will release it as the final FF3 version. So people can work with it without any beta code.
The 3.1 beta includes all features of 3.0 plus the new BG and Motif editors. We have many issues with Intel graphics cards due to the crappy OpenGL drivers. This is one of the reasons to split FF now, no OpenGL issues on 3.0.
I will add some 1,1 new features in 3.0 before the final release. Then during this time the preview version will be available for testing.

Note for FF3 customization (presets, iconsets, ...): You must put a valid XML header in the first line as the new files of this latest build, otherwise FF3 will display a lot of errors, and may not work properly.

Thank you very much!