YesNoOk

Nappa Z2 (Read 76513 times)

Started by DooM, November 22, 2012, 04:36:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nappa Z2
#41  November 23, 2012, 01:51:19 pm
This Nappa reminds Me of a old DBZ Mugen Game project that was posted at scruffydragon before. İ remember Doom being involed into thatone. İs this Nappa, that Nappa with improvements? İ was hyped for that back than but, it was canceled İ guess.

Ontopic: This Nappa surely looks good in terms of ways. He could have a special KO after his fight with Vegeta. He could trow Nappa in the sky and blast him like in The Saiyan Saga.
#42  November 23, 2012, 01:58:39 pm
    • Argentina

Yes, it is, buddy! ;D

It's fucking awesome to see you back (you never posted again on dA, I gonna kill you  :eaugh:) and with this great revival! :P
#43  November 23, 2012, 02:10:10 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
At first I only liked the Hyper dimension simple artstyle was the onle one appealing to me, but with the Z2 one, it injects life into the chars. :)

Glad to hear Nappa is not being ignored. Has a tons of potential (way more attacks than Raditz at least lol) I can only imagine how glorious a Broli Z2 could look (wish! for certain someone who thinks otherwise).
#44  November 23, 2012, 03:04:22 pm
why dont you make a full game of it
#45  November 23, 2012, 03:07:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

the yellow border jumps up on the last frames unnaturally. The head is sortof of sticking out here.

You are going with an edited stance? To differentiate from Zangief more?
Which yellow border? on the left leg?
Yes, left leg, the last few frame have it jumping up, if it was lower down it would probably feel more natural.

To everyone raving about full games, if you have any experience in mugen you know that you never go for a "full game" of edited stuff. You go for characters and small releases and if it comes to that, you package those.  Planning a fullgame of edited characters when you barely have one is dumb and generally a waste of your time.  Let doom focus on his wip without cries of fullgames.
#46  November 23, 2012, 06:59:08 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:11:04 pm by LordSinistro
#47  November 23, 2012, 07:02:53 pm
i dont think a bunch of barely visible sprites are of any help at all
#48  November 23, 2012, 07:27:46 pm
    • USA
#49  November 23, 2012, 08:47:19 pm
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
Thanks LordSinistro for the link, might be helpful.

BTW, does anybody know where I could find clean (hairless and scarless) SFA3 Zangief's sprites? I remember that last time I was working on my Nappa somebody mentioned it to me or I did receive a package of those from someone - can't remember now... would definitely speed up the progress.
#50  November 23, 2012, 09:17:50 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I love your fluid animation and the look of your sprites. Great work.
As for his ultimate attack (like Saiyajin Vegeta's Big Bang and Goku's Kaio Ken), I want to say his mouth beam (with a black screen and some certain effects to make it seem likes it's traveling a long distance (and rocks breaking off the ground to show that the beam means fucking business) before coming into contact with the opponent), but that sounds kind of boring. Maybe a quick barrage ending with a very powerful, quickly charged punch or headbutt to send the opponent flying away and THEN the mouth beam. You decide whether that powerful punch or headbutt sends the opponent far away into the air or along the ground.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#51  November 23, 2012, 09:43:38 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
i have try to put the armor hope you like it

-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#52  November 23, 2012, 09:45:44 pm
I would stick with DooM's:

It seems you rushed the work on your edit.
-You didn't complete the scouter.
-The armour isn't like that!

---
@Iced: of course he wasn't.
Ah, and don't worry.
When you posted I was editing mine.
Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:16:47 am by G.o.D.
#53  November 23, 2012, 09:47:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That looks horrible.
You got a literal white outline on all the striped parts and no shading =C

I would stick with DooM's.
It seems you rushed the work.

I doubt he was offering to resprite the whole thing himself.

edit @g.o.d.: ah the preview didnt show me your pic while i was posting.

#54  November 23, 2012, 09:55:14 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
loving the sprites/animation and definitely following this :)
#55  November 23, 2012, 11:07:51 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I'll politely just tell you to read the first post.

I do apologize about this, I just kinda' skimmed really fast, and I usually try to read everything before posted.  Very excited.  As far as the TFS Nappa voice ... ummm, I wouldn't mind it so much, but I think it'd be better as an alternate soundpack, I feel like it would sharply take the seriousness out of there character, then again ... The None's characters are anything but serious, however he's probably one of the best coders/creators out there ...

[back on topic]

When can I be expecting a palette template? :-p

Posted: November 23, 2012, 11:10:37 pm
this maybe could help you to have some idea for is gameplay here is the link cuz i cant uploaud the picture correctly
http://chronostrife.herobo.com/index.php?page=spritesheets

Why does Nappa have a sword!?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#56  November 23, 2012, 11:22:31 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
He heard about how Trunks killed Frieza with one, so he clearly put it together in his genius mind of his that swords must be Frieza's weakness.

Plus he's the general of the Saiyan army, has to have some sort of weapon of course.  Just left it before coming to Earth.

Anyways, an idea for a move came to mind if you're still thinking of any, and if Nappa doesn't already have Super Armor.  If I recall correctly, in Raging Blast 2 he (And a few other larger characters) has a special move that they would momentarily gain said armor while charging a shoulder rush.  Perhaps that could be implemented?  Can't think of many characters out there that do that.
#57  November 23, 2012, 11:26:03 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
thats entirely possible its helper code I believe.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#58  November 23, 2012, 11:26:42 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
He heard about how Trunks killed Frieza with one, so he clearly put it together in his genius mind of his that swords must be Frieza's weakness.

Plus he's the general of the Saiyan army, has to have some sort of weapon of course.  Just left it before coming to Earth.

Anyways, an idea for a move came to mind if you're still thinking of any, and if Nappa doesn't already have Super Armor.  If I recall correctly, in Raging Blast 2 he (And a few other larger characters) has a special move that they would momentarily gain said armor while charging a shoulder rush.  Perhaps that could be implemented?  Can't think of many characters out there that do that.

:smug: ...  :cawg:, that was good. :-p
#59  November 23, 2012, 11:31:14 pm
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
@Noctis, thanks for the kind words and for the good idea - I'd say we see it the same way. I do want this attack to be strong and to show it that way.

@Ness Vilain, I think I'm going for seriousness AND a bit of vocal fun - I think we all can agree that real Nappa clearly is both really.

@Llong Jjohn Killer, could you refrain the idea, or put a reference vid or something?
#60  November 23, 2012, 11:32:27 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm actually looking for a vid of the move now....less videos of Raging Blast than I thought up on Youtube, most people don't seem to be making use of the move.  I'll find one...

Sorry for the late find, there's one of it here at 0:53.  Pardon the person talking over it.
Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:18:42 am by Llong Jjohn Killer