YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1084095 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#3441  July 23, 2013, 04:57:46 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
True Lies

Man, I miss the nineties. You don't see this kind of absurd and over the top bullshit in movie theaters anymore. It's hilariously stupid. This film was ahead of its time ('94) I guess, the bad guys were generic jihadist terrorists.
#3442  July 23, 2013, 08:25:05 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
one flew over the cuckoo's nest

usual nicholson goodness. chief was a total badass. christopher lloyd was an enjoyable loony as usual.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3443  July 23, 2013, 09:42:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Yeah that Charlie Day video you included didn't make my impression of him any better, it made it worse :P I guess I'm not worthy, as you said!
I'm gonna ban you.

From life. >:[
#3444  July 24, 2013, 07:56:57 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2

Wow. This had to be one of the most monumentally stupid slasher films I've ever seen. Then again, Craven did just do this for a quick buck so....

But you know what? It was so dumb I loved it. Sure it's definitely nowhere near as good as the original was, but what other horror sequel has so many flashbacks that even the dog has one? Or a giggling bearded cannibal that shows his presence by shaking a branch and growling like a hungry homeless man?
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:01:22 am by Roman55
#3445  July 24, 2013, 01:43:24 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2

Wow. This had to be one of the most monumentally stupid slasher films I've ever seen. Then again, Craven did just do this for a quick buck so....

But you know what? It was so dumb I loved it. Sure it's definitely nowhere near as good as the original was, but what other horror sequel has so many flashbacks that even the dog has one? Or a giggling bearded cannibal that shows his presence by shaking a branch and growling like a hungry homeless man?

that is the one with
#3446  July 24, 2013, 02:30:35 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Two Brothers The movie on tiger cubs....
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#3447  July 25, 2013, 07:57:04 am
pacific rim
the movie definitely delivered. great pacing and great action. if you have any amount of interest at all in the movie go see it. also charlie day owns, balthazar. what the hell is wrong with you.
#3448  July 25, 2013, 09:22:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I found the other scientist to be a worse actor than him.

Mary and Max

Claymation story about an australian child that decides to mail an american to ask them how babies were made. Her letter ends in the hands of a 44 year old man with anxiety attacks that has absolutely no friends and no social skills whatsoever.

Watch it.

#3449  July 25, 2013, 11:30:51 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^ I already had and it was good
#3450  July 27, 2013, 02:44:16 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Waltz with Bashir.
A man realizes one day that he has absolutely no recolection of the time he served as a soldier in the lebanon war, specially of the massacre. It's an autobiographical story where he interviews old lebanon soldiers about the incidents.

#3451  July 28, 2013, 11:37:33 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Well, Barnes and Noble is doing their yearly massive sale on Criterion DVD/Blu-Ray sale, so I'll be picking a few more of those up later on. In the meantime, here's a review of one I picked up today.

Cronos

I was originally going to see Pacific Rim, but since I couldn't get anyone else to see it with me (believe it or not, I prefer to see movies as a social activity), I decided to pay SOME form of tribute to Guillermo Del Toro by picking up his first ever movie.

And it's really good! It's a vampire story at its heart, but more importantly, it's a story about familial love and what it means to live. I actually started tearing up on multiple occasions. The special effects for the apparatus as well as Jesus' deteriorating skin, as well as the fresh skin under that skin were fantastic, and even today I've yet to see any other good convincing effects.

Now for a shocker for all of you: This is the first Guillermo Del Toro movie I've seen, and based on what I saw, I'm impressed enough that I'm going to watch the rest of his films!
#3452  July 28, 2013, 05:34:31 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
First film of his, eh?? I highly recommend Pan's Labrynth and, of course, Pacific Rim. Hellboy was pretty sweet as well. I haven't seen Hellboy 2 though. I will also give Cronos a shot.

I really love Del Toro's style. He has a great sense of visual flare and a good sense of storytelling. And I'm all for solid stories.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#3453  July 28, 2013, 05:42:26 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Only God Forgives
With Ryan Gosling, by the director of Drive.
Very disappointing. Gratuitous violence everywhere, that's not justified at all and not even "fun" to watch. There are many scenes that are here for some sort of visual impact and story telling, but you just end up thinking "when is it going to finish?", because it's boring as hell. The story is pretty generic too, and Gosling still does the same face he does in all his movies, with ony 5 sentences in 1h30 of movie. And what the fuck was that ending.
Grade : 5/10
#3454  July 28, 2013, 06:47:43 pm
    • Poland
Only God Forgives
With Ryan Gosling, by the director of Drive.
Very disappointing. Gratuitous violence everywhere, that's not justified at all and not even "fun" to watch. There are many scenes that are here for some sort of visual impact and story telling, but you just end up thinking "when is it going to finish?", because it's boring as hell. The story is pretty generic too, and Gosling still does the same face he does in all his movies, with ony 5 sentences in 1h30 of movie. And what the fuck was that ending.
Grade : 5/10

I didn't saw the movie yet but I guess Refn got carried away after success of Drive.... His Valhalla Rising was very boring and confusing although I loved Mads Mikelsen performance. You should check out his danish "Pusher" Trilogy... It was first movies of him I watched (way before "Drive") and it's so awesome that I don't know where to begin. It was violent too but all of it was justified and fit into the movie. With "Drive" it wasn't exactly the case even though I like it very much...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#3455  July 29, 2013, 04:04:15 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
The Wolverine
It is decent, better than Origins in most parts, I am not impressed by the whole Silver Samurai thingy since the only thing I knew about him is that he was in COTA and MvC2.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3456  July 30, 2013, 01:32:40 am
  • Just a regular goon
The Wolverine
It is decent, better than Origins in most parts, I am not impressed by the whole Silver Samurai thingy since the only thing I knew about him is that he was in COTA and MvC2.

Having your hands cut off is better than Origins.
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#3457  July 30, 2013, 04:56:28 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Origins is mediocre, but I don't really get why people hate it that bad.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3458  July 30, 2013, 08:28:16 pm
  • SNK is life
They raped Deadpool. Also, wtf Wolvie's origin being Sabretooth's Brother?

Rape, rape, rape the canon, why dontcha?
#3459  July 30, 2013, 08:49:36 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
But, but, but, it has his good points.
Deadpool is awesome, at least at the very beginning, his final form is indeed a rape to the character.
Gambit is cool.
The old couple helping Logan.
The fat dude that I can't remember his name right now The Blob is great too.

I'm not saying that it's the best entry in the movie franchise, it has a fuckton of plot holes, but it is enjoyable as it is.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3460  July 30, 2013, 09:10:05 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Godzilla 2000, a.k.a. GOJIRA NI-SEN MIRENIAMU
I don't think I've ever watched this movie whilst sober (this was my 3rd or 4th viewing of it), so that kinda clouds my judgement.
but well I dunno It's a japanese Godzilla movie, you get what you expect: A guy in a rubber suit wreaking havoc in a miniature city.
And for all that's worth, that's done pretty good, if that's your cup of tea.
But Godzilla's antagonist in this movie is so weird. It's a .... huge sentient rock. YEAH, A BIG ROCK!
Then when it later reveals his alien spaceship form, it doesn't get much better, because the CGI is completely horrible
(who's idea was it to make the ship completely clean white/silver, without any realy detail or texture? Ofcourse that's not going to blend at all!).
We do get a pretty good monster battle at the very end, but it's very short.
Uhm overall 5/10 I guess but only if you dig rubber-suit monster movies, otherwise it'll definitely be a 3/10 or something.
YEAH!         
No....