YesNoOk

Future of Aku (Samurai Jack) (Read 3579 times)

Started by WlanmaniaX, April 21, 2019, 03:16:52 am
Share this topic:
Future of Aku (Samurai Jack)
#1  April 21, 2019, 03:16:52 am
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me
Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku!

Download!
Re: Future of Aku (Samurai Jack)
#2  April 23, 2019, 05:00:33 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Let me first say that this stage is cool. It's original. I like it. But...there's room for improvement. I've already started to edit this as I type this, but here are some suggestions.

-Center your sprites. It makes calculating your bounds so much easier and you don't end up losing some of the length of your stage.
-Make sure your left/right bounds are even
-Your sky sprite is separated. Lower those delta's, bro! You'll love the difference.
-Raise the left/right bound values. I'm testing on the 1.1 version but a lot of your stage is not seen because the values are too low. Once you've centered you sprites raise them to about 645.
-Lower the boundhigh to around 300 on the 1.1 version. When dealing with zoom, you gotta lower your values a bit to compensate.
-I was gonna say raise the "pieces" up so they could be seen but when I did it...I didn't like it. They look like black speckles on the floor. Perhaps color them or add shadow. Otherwise...leave them out.
-This one I haven't tried yet Just did it. Separate the floor and give it parallax. If you're unsure then here's a simple formula once you you've separated the sprites.
     -Add the width = a,b code to your floor sprite once you've coded it. The a value should equal the length of the sprite. The b value should be twice the a value. Your delta will most likely be between .6000 and .7000 1.5 and 1.6. Use the extra 0's to tweek it even further. Once the floor isn't sliding under your character anymore and he looks like he's literally sticking to the floor...you nailed it. Then adjust the delta's of your other sprites so that the background isn't moving faster than the middle/foreground. And there you go.

Do these things and your stage will really come to life. Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:20:54 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
Re: Future of Aku (Samurai Jack)
#3  April 28, 2019, 03:54:00 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
This is too accurate to Gennedy's style. A bit barren but it has my favorite Punch Time Explosion song. Thank you so much.