YesNoOk

the tournament tracking thread ~2016 edition~ (Read 507700 times)

Started by c001357, January 27, 2011, 06:28:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: the tournament tracking thread (Final Round 17)
#221  January 21, 2012, 08:46:51 pm

MDD

#222  January 21, 2012, 09:11:44 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
^Except that's MOOJIN and doesn't count.

And for the record Squire, you did not "shut down" my arguments. I simply got tired of arguing about this stupid game and tried to end it so it didn't end up like when we argued about MvC3.
#223  January 21, 2012, 09:15:55 pm
    • USA
I can see why you got tired...

He didn't need to thoroughly read your post to get the point. And besides, there are good stick fighter games. http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=126575.msg1313015#msg1313015

lol that's not the point. I meant "X game" -> replace chars for stick game -> see if you and the tourney players will still play it. I highly doubt it in the case of Street Fighter and MVC for example. It's natural for the people to not to take a game seriously when they don't like the graphics.
#224  January 21, 2012, 09:40:02 pm
I don't know because I play alot of FGs that I think have shitty graphics and I'm fine with them, like SSF2T, MvC2 (MvC2's graphics are MUGEN quality.) and Alpha games, but I'm kind of done with this. I just think you dislike Skullgirls for all the wrong reasons.

MDD

#225  January 21, 2012, 09:48:27 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
How in the hell does Marvel 2 and the Alpha games have shitty quality graphics?

And quite honestly, you sound like one of those big Capcom fanboys that defend everything single thing they do except it's for fetish lolis this time.
#226  January 21, 2012, 09:54:55 pm
Capcom isn't making this for one. And for two, you all are shitting on this for graphics. Which aren't even bad. If you shit on it atleast let it be for gameplay is all I'm saying.

MDD

#227  January 21, 2012, 10:02:03 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
When did I say Capcom is making this? I just said you sound like one of their fanboys.

And I COULD shit on this for the gameplay as well, since it just looks like a bunch of already existing gameplay mechanics all mashed together with a stupid infinite detection system, but look what happened at MI.

Also:
Also your obviously blind to the horrors of Deviant Art if you think a nurse is twisted.

I'v seen some stuff man. I'v seen some stuff.
YEAH LOOK WHAT THIS STUPID GAME IS INSPIRING. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
#228  January 21, 2012, 10:05:36 pm
    • USA
So... let's see, you can't say anything about the ugly (again, it's an opinion, I know there's people who likes this style) drawing style? Yeah I know it's really fluid and all, that's a good thing in my book.

You can't say anything about the huge lack of impact in both graphic and sounds, the hits look even weaker than in Big Bang Beat (I'd rather replace the sound effects with tennis sounds) and the hitsparks look really weak (But credit where's due, the dynamic lighting is awesome).

But hell if I say anything about the gameplay I'm sure I would have the same problem with most of you, except this time I know how shitty the CLSN is yet everybody chose to ignore that complain and just focus on the graphics stuff. Because there's no way you can defend the shitty collision boxes the game has, seriously. What's next? "clsn is not part of the gameplay?" Go on say it so we can all have a good laugh.

I mean you are the guy who just says "it doesn't work" without giving any further arguments about why it's like that after all...
#229  January 21, 2012, 11:22:01 pm
HEY STRANGE LOVE. I LIKE THE PART WHERE I ASKED YOU TO PM ME SO THAT WE COULD AVOID FILLING A PAGE OF A THREAD WITH UNRELATED BULLSHIT. NOW IT HAPPENED. NICE FUCKING READING SKILLS.

But seriously, I don't think anybody would play SSFIV AE with stickmen instead or real chars, don't lie to yourself or anybody.
I wouldn't play sf4 with stick men because I wouldn't play sf4. I would play marvel 2 with stick men. And I am not lieing.

by the way the collisions thing is still bullshit. Because I looked through the official part of srk for the game and couldn't find anything regarding collision information. I'v been following the game since nearly 10 monthes ago, I'v watched every srk front page video on the game since then, I'v read through the srk forums on the game, and I have yet to see anything like what you are describing. It's either a forgery made by a troll, or something from january or so before I started following the game. In which case, it is most likely already gone. As I said, the game has been extensively play tested and changed based on feedback from tourney players and regulars alike. Whatever you saw most likely no longer exists. And in the numerous, numerous, NUMEROUS pre release streams, matches, tournaments, and gameplay footage (this game has probably gotten more pre-release play then any other fighter in years) I have never seen anything homogenius happen with hitboxes, or anybody playing complain about the hitboxes.

*edit*. I'm looking at some of the official hitbox viewer screenshots on srk's wiki, and everything seems fine. http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Practice_Room In fact, those are some of the cleanest hitboxes I'v seen in a while. I'll keep looking though, to see if I can find and disprove what you're talking about.

*edit* well, I've seen 17 hitbox screenshots now, and I gotta say, these are some of the best hitboxes I'v seen in a fighting game. Don't know what your talking about.

Tell you what, show me the ten worst collisions for the game, and the source for these collisions, and I'll go to the srk q&a thread for the game. I'll post them there, and ask if they are real and the source valid, and if so are they still like that, and if so, why are they like that. Mike Z himself, or one of the mods from Reverge can respond.

It's natural for the people to not to take a game seriously when they don't like the graphics.
No it's not. None of my friends would agree. I have played games I thought were ugly, I have mained characters I thought were ugly. I would play Mvc2 if it had stick figures. And you will never convince me otherwise.

^Except that's MOOJIN and doesn't count.

And for the record Squire, you did not "shut down" my arguments. I simply got tired of arguing about this stupid game and tried to end it so it didn't end up like when we argued about MvC3.
No, I did shut you down, and I'll explain how.

You see, both you and Strangeloves arguments basicly amount to a long complaint about the art style. In that long complaint about the art style, you then sneak in one or two (ignorance based) complaints about the gameplay. You know that aeshetics are the only true valid argument you have against the game, and since that is both shallow and subjective, no argument based around it can work. I shut down all your gameplay complaints about the game, making it impossible for you to respond without making it about shallow subjective bullshit.

I shut you down. If you think not, go ahead and post in that thread again. I'll shut you down again if you think of anything to post.

And I COULD shit on this for the gameplay as well, since it just looks like a bunch of already existing gameplay mechanics all mashed together with a stupid infinite detection system, but look what happened at MI.
No you couldn't, cause then (except for the infinite detection) you'd be shitting on every fighting game made in the past ten years. Especially Mvc3.

In fact, come to think of it, you'd be shitting on humanity itself because that's HOW EVOLUTION WORKS. WE WENT OVER THIS.

YEAH LOOK WHAT THIS STUPID GAME IS INSPIRING. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
Ha, I'v seen the stuff of nightmares presented as a sexual fantasy. You can't scare me. Besides, DeviantArt draws that stuff for everything. I saw a Jak and Daxter inflation picture that made me want to gouge out my eyes.

Anyway, all of your arguments Strangelove are about aeshetics, you might as well just be honest and say "I don't like the way it looks therefore I won't play it. I don't care what you say about the gameplay, or how good it is, I still won't play it because of aesthetics." In that case shut up about the gameplay because you don't seem to care if it's good or bad, and you don't seem to really know anything about it anyway.

You will never convince me that I wouldn't play a game I liked if it had stick figures. I LOVE Marvel 2 and I would play it with stick figures. Hell, I'd play Marvel 1 and Msh with stick figures. You don't seem to understand why I play fighting games. I play them for EXCITEMENT. I play them for the fights that get the blood PUMPING. I don't give a flying fuck what the characters LOOK like, I only care how the characters FEEL. In fact, when I'm in the middle of a match, I really don't even see the characters aesthetics. I'm not staring at the characters thinking "wow man nice details on the shirt" I'm looking at the characters thinking "HOLY SHIT IS HE GONNA OVERHEAD ME OR TICK THROW OR DP OR WHAT OH MAN BETTER NOT GET HIT" they might as well be stick figures for all intents and purposes because in the midst of battle, aesthetics are 100% compartmentalized for me. I'm focused on the fight, and nothing more. Now, You can keep REPOSTING that same argument FOR THE SEVENTH TIME, or you can give up. Because you'll never convince me of your "stick figures make fighters bad" argument.

Please...PLEASE...Just stop posting (unless it's about the hitboxes because I wanna finish this shit. But otherwise if it's same old same old don't respond). If you must continue to argue with me about aesthetics and subjective stuff like that...

DO IT IN A PM
Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:03:49 am by Squire Grooktook
#230  January 22, 2012, 06:53:51 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
The Curly Mustache Tournament Series is being picked up again (finally!!) on January 28th, if you watched the first one, I won't have to tell you it's an UMVC3 invitational hosted by IFC Yipes.

That's it for big tournaments til Winter Brawl on the 18th. I'll keep you updated. Also Wednesday Night Fights starts up again on the 1st of February if you've been dying to see/laugh at/want to kill James Chen and/or UltraDavid.

P.S. anymore bullshit Skullgirl stuff that gets posted in this thread will be deleted ;O
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

MDD

#231  January 22, 2012, 08:54:54 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
Oh yes Curly Moustache. I've been waiting. Just hope Yipes doesn't get those two Asian girls to cover for him again whenever his fatass goes to eat something. They were terrible.
#232  January 23, 2012, 05:03:54 am
    • USA
I shouldn't have laughed at that.

SNT

#233  January 24, 2012, 12:45:56 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#234  January 29, 2012, 03:36:58 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#235  January 29, 2012, 06:37:56 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
That Doom combo was fucking fresh.

MDD

#236  January 29, 2012, 08:30:02 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Was this today? FUCK.
#237  January 29, 2012, 08:33:13 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
It's archived.

MDD

#238  January 29, 2012, 08:34:42 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
Yeah but it's 10x more fun watching it live. Oh well.
#239  February 18, 2012, 04:49:05 pm
Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:52:49 pm by LurkerSupreme

SNT

#240  February 18, 2012, 04:58:37 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia