YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562501 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/10/12)
#381  March 12, 2012, 04:47:02 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I have a minor quibble: there's a limit on how much you can decrease the width of FF in window mode; I like to work with two windows horizontally side-by-side but I'm unable to do this in FF3 because it's just too big.
#382  March 12, 2012, 07:50:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
JZ: No, just microsoft intelligence. System32 on a 64bit system is the 64bit file location. syswow64 is the 32bit. Normal but silly.

Edit: OK, have reconverted the stylesheet to suit myself. I have one question. What is the definition for arrow keys in the shortcut creator? I want to use ctrl+arrow to cause 1 pixel shifts but can't find out if it's looking at a code for the key or a word. And if it's a word what word that is.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:25:59 am by Cyanide
#383  March 12, 2012, 04:28:10 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I have a minor quibble: there's a limit on how much you can decrease the width of FF in window mode; I like to work with two windows horizontally side-by-side but I'm unable to do this in FF3 because it's just too big.
Unlocking for the next update.  ;)

Edit: OK, have reconverted the stylesheet to suit myself. I have one question. What is the definition for arrow keys in the shortcut creator? I want to use ctrl+arrow to cause 1 pixel shifts but can't find out if it's looking at a code for the key or a word. And if it's a word what word that is.
Left, Top, Right, Bottom.

Thanks!
#384  March 13, 2012, 04:21:09 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just installed it... I'll se if I can find something (but I'm almost sure I wont ;) )

P.S:: Im loving the fact that your are currently releasing a x64 version... now this runs EVEN faster in my PC... don't ask why or how sinse this isn't supposed to increase speed, but for me at least it goes faster than previous release :)
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#385  March 13, 2012, 04:57:19 am
    • Mexico
Just found 2 bugs:

1.- (If this one is a bug...) now palletes are exported as PNG files while exporting spres from a sff instead of act, making them unusable in photoshop (I cannot load them with the dialog because it asks for pal or act only...) makes sense, but in a certain way doesn't because they only contain color info, not the entire sprite.

2.- While exporting sprites for sprmake2, the def file is a mess while loaded in notepad, but in other editors (like PSPad or notepad++) looks fine...

Just this at the moment ;) great improvement by now :D

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#386  March 13, 2012, 07:57:50 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That may have been dodgy translation, but at least when top didn't work Up did.

Left, up, down, right, these are the arrow key definitions. I've shortcutted the buttons now.

I strongly recommend to anyone who hasnt' done so. Make a copy of the Neo style sheet and edit it to fit your likings. For example it lacks classics "align to" settings, you can copy these from the classic style sheet and place them in your new template. Personally i've moved some of the buttons, removed others and added new ones. I've also made a copy of the MCM axis which is nice and functional.

The whole program is VERY streamlined and customisable (which reminds me to go back and alter that colour thing again cos the pale grey isn't hugely noticeable)

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#387  March 13, 2012, 04:14:33 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just installed it... I'll se if I can find something (but I'm almost sure I wont ;) )

P.S:: Im loving the fact that your are currently releasing a x64 version... now this runs EVEN faster in my PC... don't ask why or how sinse this isn't supposed to increase speed, but for me at least it goes faster than previous release :)
The x64 version runs faster than the x86 one in a 64bit system because a 32bit program runs in an "emulation" layer, called WoW64 (Windows on Windows 64). And this version uses a lot of SSE instructions to do the hard work.  ;)

Just found 2 bugs:

1.- (If this one is a bug...) now palletes are exported as PNG files while exporting spres from a sff instead of act, making them unusable in photoshop (I cannot load them with the dialog because it asks for pal or act only...) makes sense, but in a certain way doesn't because they only contain color info, not the entire sprite.

2.- While exporting sprites for sprmake2, the def file is a mess while loaded in notepad, but in other editors (like PSPad or notepad++) looks fine...

Just this at the moment ;) great improvement by now :D

See ya!!! :D
Isn't really a bug, but I will change this behavior to a more common usage.

That may have been dodgy translation, but at least when top didn't work Up did.

Left, up, down, right, these are the arrow key definitions. I've shortcutted the buttons now.
Yes, is up and down, sorry.

Thanks!
Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:18:09 pm by VirtuallTek
#388  March 13, 2012, 06:32:53 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
I can't open .act files in the image editor I'm using, but I can open images, so I prefer images. If it's an image, you actually see what color is used for what, which is necessary when you are editing the palette. And when you are not editing it, the format doesn't matter, anyway.
Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:36:07 pm by Seravy
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/13/12)
#389  March 13, 2012, 10:52:50 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
New update with some small adjustments in the first post:
- Unlocks the main window width (lower limit)
- Changes the exported palettes to .act
- Uses the Windows line-break mark when exporting sprites to SprMaker

Thanks!
#390  March 13, 2012, 11:27:00 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
For some reason, whenever I open a stage in Fighter Factory and then run that stage in Mugen 1.0, after I close Mugen, the sff file of that stage is deleted.
#391  March 14, 2012, 12:02:42 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
If you use this function with a stage from the stages folder or that have the same SFF file name of another stage already in the stages folder, the file will be treated as temporary, overwritten and deleted. This is the one drawback of this feature now. I will test another approach to do this later.

EDIT: Updated the first post with the solution for the stages problem.
Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:42:20 am by VirtuallTek
#392  March 14, 2012, 10:08:50 am
    • Mexico
Quite fast!!! Thanks guys!!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#393  March 14, 2012, 10:14:37 am
    • Mexico
I can't open .act files in the image editor I'm using, but I can open images, so I prefer images. If it's an image, you actually see what color is used for what, which is necessary when you are editing the palette. And when you are not editing it, the format doesn't matter, anyway.
Maybe an option to choose from PNG or ACT while exporting palletes?
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#394  March 14, 2012, 01:31:14 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Isn't necessary because if you don't want the .act palette you can use the sprite directly.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/14/12)
#395  March 15, 2012, 01:53:58 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 4 to fix a problem with text encoding. This problem will affect a small set of encodings, but is a bug anyway.  ;)

Now, I will explain some new things in the RC1 about text encoding:
- FF3 will list all suported encodings in your system.
- FF3 tries to detect the encoding when you open a file. If fails, the default encoding defined in the Text tab of the Options window will be used. If you work a lot with a specific encoding (like some guys with Shift-JIS), setting Shift-JIS as default will lead to a 99,99% success rate to display all characters correctly.
- You can change the encoding to be used to save a file clicking in the encoding info in the status bar. FF3 will ask if you want to reload the file (useful for files that the detection fails and some characters are displayed incorrectly).
- FF3 ONLY works with unicode. Then any file will be converted to unicode, you edit the file and it will be converted back to the desired encoding on save. All characters that are currently displayed incorrectly will be lost.

Thanks!
#396  March 15, 2012, 03:36:55 am
I didn't see this feature in FF3 RC1 so I thought I would suggest it.

Since you made this program, I'm guessing your familiar with things like auto-completion and "blimps" in various IDE's/coding applications right? Auto-completion does exactly what it suggests - if it knows what your typing in code it will try to complete the value, word, or entire line if it can. Visual Studio is a good example of this.  "Blimps" (not sure on the official name as I can't remember) are basically where if you highlight a variable, etc the coding interface will give you tips on how to use that variable, etc. Again a good example is Visual Studio.

So what I'm asking is if you can add these? auto-completion and "blimps" would make the coding interface of FF3 simply amazing. It's almost there but those two features would really bring it inline to an actual IDE.
#397  March 15, 2012, 03:51:15 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I think you want something like this:

This isn't simple and isn't a priority. You can read the Mugen docs to find what do you want to know about.

About the auto completion, FF already supports it, but is disabled due to improvements I'm currently working on.
#398  March 15, 2012, 04:03:22 am
  • Quien coño te crees que soy!!!!!!
In previous versions, the sff organizer put the group 9000 automatically at first, in this last versions this doesn´t happen and if you move them manually simply doesn't read the palletes in the char (1.0)
#399  March 15, 2012, 06:08:18 am
I think you want something like this:

This isn't simple and isn't a priority. You can read the Mugen docs to find what do you want to know about.

About the auto completion, FF already supports it, but is disabled due to improvements I'm currently working on.

Yup that's exactly what I was talking about. I didn't know it wasn't simple. I may be a programmer, but I'm nowhere near your skill level. I'm just a beginner. But if you ever do decide to do it I would love it.

As for auto completion - Nice! I can't wait till it's activated again. Just that alone would go along way to help make it more like a full fledged IDE.

Heck I stopped working on my character because I was waiting on a version of FF that included most of the main "functions" you find in an IDE. As I basically used a text editor (notepad then notepad++) and I couldn't keep track of my code easily. It was a mess. I do know that FF does have something akin to the class view from Visual Studio. But I was waiting for all the features :).

Keep up the good work m8. FF is an amazing application. I wish I had your skills.
#400  March 15, 2012, 01:27:23 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
In previous versions, the sff organizer put the group 9000 automatically at first, in this last versions this doesn´t happen and if you move them manually simply doesn't read the palletes in the char (1.0)
In the SFF v2 you can use any sprite order, that's the way FF3 organize sprites by group/index in this version.
If you are making a SFF v1, FF3 will organize by palette, to achieve a high compression ratio and avoid palette problems, then the 9000 group will be placed first.

Yup that's exactly what I was talking about. I didn't know it wasn't simple. I may be a programmer, but I'm nowhere near your skill level. I'm just a beginner. But if you ever do decide to do it I would love it.

As for auto completion - Nice! I can't wait till it's activated again. Just that alone would go along way to help make it more like a full fledged IDE.

Heck I stopped working on my character because I was waiting on a version of FF that included most of the main "functions" you find in an IDE. As I basically used a text editor (notepad then notepad++) and I couldn't keep track of my code easily. It was a mess. I do know that FF does have something akin to the class view from Visual Studio. But I was waiting for all the features :).

Keep up the good work m8. FF is an amazing application. I wish I had your skills.
If you have a little knowledge about Mugen, you will see that Mugen uses a State machine language. You don't have classes or any other high level construct.
The equivalent feature to the class view is the Group/block list at the left panel.

As I said before, if you read the Mugen docs first, you will understand the things better than waiting code assist features, that will speed up some things but don't will made all the work for you.
You already have an advanced feature: Syntax highlight with error/deprecation checking. I will add more later but not so soon.

Thanks!