YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1561778 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3
#581  May 12, 2012, 04:42:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Sffv1 still? As sffv2 works on palette if it's not pointing at the right one, change it and use the "apply palette to current sprite" function. Shared palettes and unshared palettes are kinda a thing of the past.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#582  May 12, 2012, 05:16:16 am
    • Thailand
No, I'm talking about shared sprites. It used to be called linked, but in FF3, it's called shared.

I was doing the required sprites, and the sprites seemed to randomly become shared when I entered them. A sprite would crop and change the offset of the other sprites that it automatically shared itself with.

Like, if I entered sprite 5000, 0, and then I entered 5002, 0, 5002, 0 would automatically share itself with sprite 5000, 0 and crop/realign 5000, 0.
#583  May 12, 2012, 06:32:02 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Ugh...mother fucker.
All I know is I added some sprites, saved all, crashed and FF3 erased my entire SFF and destroyed my character.
I had another character open, too.
I doubt you'll be able to repeat the error because I'm not sure that that's everything I did.

Now, I recall accidentally creating a back up earlier today (I either have amazing luck or very bad luck...) so I'm going to use a program to restore that. Anyways, I have no idea what happened. Maybe a heads up so people can keep a look out and hopefully someone finds it (unless I somehow did something to screw it up?)

Edit:
Nope. It's gone. I'm gonna go take a shower and cry, now.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:39:28 am by Noctis
#584  May 12, 2012, 06:38:07 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Ugh...mother fucker.
All I know is I added some sprites, saved all, crashed and FF3 erased my entire SFF and destroyed my character.
I doubt you'll be able to repeat the error because I'm not sure that that's everything I did.

Now, I recall accidentally creating a back up earlier today (I either have amazing luck or very bad luck...) so I'm going to use a program to restore that. Anyways, I have no idea what happened. Maybe a heads up so people can keep a look out and hopefully someone finds it (unless I somehow did something to screw it up?)

The reason I think why Saved  All sometimes corrupts your file is the amount of process it has to go through and the more processes it goes through, the amount of possible errors that will happen increases. Thats why I usually back up my files and store in a different folder.
#585  May 12, 2012, 07:23:22 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Ugh...mother fucker.

The reason I think why Saved  All sometimes corrupts your file is the amount of process it has to go through and the more processes it goes through, the amount of possible errors that will happen increases. Thats why I usually back up my files and store in a different folder.

I wanna blame something and get mad at it, but I can't decide who or what caused it... :'(
And this isn't a corrupt file. It still works perfectly fine. It erased all of my sprites in the SFF.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#586  May 12, 2012, 07:26:21 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Well.. its still an error so I don't know. I had this error before, but I don't know why it caused it either.

#587  May 12, 2012, 07:36:06 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
How big is the sff now just out of interest, like, was it still there, or a 0kb file, or gone. If you've restarted, moot point.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#588  May 12, 2012, 07:40:03 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
How big is the sff now just out of interest, like, was it still there, or a 0kb file, or gone. If you've restarted, moot point.

He was making a Blazblue character, the size of that file is probably huge, the chances of having it erased by an error is highly possible. I had made an intro with 5000 sprites, and save it accordingly. But it lags FF3 really hard and it will sometimes cause an error when you press save/save all.
#589  May 12, 2012, 07:44:41 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Actually, it's not my blazblue character, that was just a point I was 'going' to make. Instead of ruining my large char, it ruins a much smaller one.
It's a smaller character that's only around 15-20mbs big.
The SFF has 0kb and I'm trying to re add my sprites, but the sprite doesn't show up and neither will a palette. I guess it did more than just erase my sprites.

Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:53:11 am by Noctis
#590  May 12, 2012, 07:53:28 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Actually, it's not my blazblue character, that was just a point I was 'going' to make. Instead of ruining my large char, it ruins a much smaller one.
It's a smaller character that's only around 15-20mbs big.
The SFF has 0kb and I'm trying to re add my sprites, but the sprite doesn't show up and neither will a palette. I guess it did more than just erase my sprites.

Then the file is corrupted, in this case.. lol o-O
#591  May 12, 2012, 08:06:22 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
So is it fixable or is it done for?
Wahh!! Fix it!

:P

#592  May 12, 2012, 08:23:30 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Run a scandisk on your PC. If a sff file corrupts simply cos it's big you have a messy computer.

I have a 60gb drive that has been running for 12 years now, it's never corrupted ANYTHING. My other disks haven't caused me issues either. The only time i've ruined my character is either improperly editing the .air file in FFC or when FF3 was mangling sff files which it's not doing any more.

#593  May 12, 2012, 07:16:22 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Ran the scan. My computer is fine. My harddrive is brand new so it shouldn't be that.

It's fine, now. I can just re add them. I still have my animations and I, amazingly, remember what sprites I was using for each and every animation
Like I said, just a heads up for you people without back ups.

#594  May 12, 2012, 07:32:23 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Ugh...mother fucker.

Edit:

This is something was happening to me a lot of times while the development process. its a random bug.
The strange fact is: if you hit SAVE AS, it saves perfectly. But if you use SAVE, it crashes.
And you had linked sprites on the sff, no? this happens to me specially with linked sprites
#595  May 12, 2012, 08:42:50 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Ugh...mother fucker.

Edit:

This is something was happening to me a lot of times while the development process. its a random bug.
The strange fact is: if you hit SAVE AS, it saves perfectly. But if you use SAVE, it crashes.
And you had linked sprites on the sff, no? this happens to me specially with linked sprites

Random bug! That's the name I was looking for.
If FF3 still automatically linked sprites when there was more than one same image, then yes. I had linked sprites.
And I might be remembering it incorrectly, but I think I had two groups in the sff with the exact same numbering when I saved.
I'm gonna try duplicating the bug.

Edit:
AHHHHHH!!!!!

....FF3 won't save anything. I redownloaded it and everything.
It's seems like it's doing this... I add a sprite, save it, add an animation, save it, code an attack, save it, close all, open it, the only thing it saved was adding that sprite. Maybe. I keep losing hours of work so I have to create a backup every time I do something.
The reason why I do a backup 100 times too is that sometimes, when I make a backup, it won't. My last backup was from like 10 minutes ago. I had that save error, so I decided to just open a backup, but the last backup was from an hour ago.
I'll try redownloading it, again, but I keep having problems ever since that sff error happened.
Actually, it might have been because all of my files of my character are somehow corrupted. I'll create a backup, delete the original files, and use the backup. If it works, I won't post back or edit my post.

Edit:
Okay, I keep having problems left and right and I don't know whats going on anymore. It's not saving, it erases my SFF, it sometimes fails to create a backup, now random animations are making FF crash. At first it was anim 152, but after a couple hours, now it's 150 and 151. Another error is when in mugens debug mode. It keeps saying "anim does not exist", but it clearly DOES! When I erase the animation and readd it, it says the animation right before it doesn't exist (erased and readded 150-152, now it says 140-142 don't exist and I'm betting it's going to go all the way to 0).
It is also 'supposedly' reading my palettes, but they're not working in game. Either my character is seriously fucked up or FF hates me.

Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:45:37 am by Noctis
#596  May 16, 2012, 03:49:45 am
EDIT: NVM question was basically answered on the previous page. Keep up the good work VirtualTek! This program is amazing!
Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:23:53 am by Hakufu1021
#597  May 16, 2012, 09:47:51 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Noctis: Sorry, i really think this is just you.

You didn't start from the old elecbyte template did you?

#598  May 16, 2012, 10:01:01 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
I don't know if the old template actually gives you errors. It never for me though, maybe in one case before when though I think because of the AIR clsn selection crash but that was not really serious (though if you didn't saved before you're fucked).

Edit:
Okay, I keep having problems left and right and I don't know whats going on anymore. It's not saving, it erases my SFF, it sometimes fails to create a backup, now random animations are making FF crash. At first it was anim 152, but after a couple hours, now it's 150 and 151. Another error is when in mugens debug mode. It keeps saying "anim does not exist", but it clearly DOES! When I erase the animation and readd it, it says the animation right before it doesn't exist (erased and readded 150-152, now it says 140-142 don't exist and I'm betting it's going to go all the way to 0).
It is also 'supposedly' reading my palettes, but they're not working in game. Either my character is seriously fucked up or FF hates me.

What kind of SSF version you're using? Assuming it should be SSFV2 if its in that case. Now I don't know your FF fails in those cases, it never happens to me. Are you sure you're using the latest version of FF3? Though I think the save button works fine, but save all seems to have its own errors (as usual but rarely). Save as works fine too. Though if you backup, I think it saves automatically to the backup when you press the save button(Though I doubt that).

Would you mind sending me the character you're working and I will check if it works from my POV? Just checking, though. ^^
#599  May 17, 2012, 04:34:20 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
@Cyanide:
Ever since something glitched during that SFF erase, it's just been hell with Mugen.
I used another character as a base...which was used from another character as a base....which was used from another and so on.

If it will help, I will gladly send you the character, but I'm not sure it's safe. I don't want to send out corrupted files that could cause an harddrive error. I've experienced it before. It destroyed my hard drive. and everything on it. Had to buy a new one.
I'm using SFFv2. I got my palettes working, by the way. That error wasn't related to these...glitches.
I downloaded the latest version of FF3 (the x86 32-bit version) the day that SFF error happened. I didn't see any patch, so I assume it's not because of me failing to patch it.
As of now, my problems are it only saves once out of ten saves (or something like that), it keeps saying I have an error in CLSN2 in newly added animations, but rarely... sometimes, a stateno (lets say 150), will glitch and the one after 150 (which is 151), will be renamed to whatever 150 is automatically and vice versa, and it wouldn't let me delete it. I had to delete EVERYTHING before 151 because, that seemed to be the only way to get it to delete 150 and 151. It will say, but rarely, that an anim doesn't exist.
I've tried creating a backup, (since that seems to be the only way I can save) erasing the regular files, and replacing them, but no good. It wouldn't make sense that new files would be corrupt. And if it's not FF3, then it has to be a computer error which is why I'm reluctant to send out files that my computer has corrupted.
And I did a disk scan, it said everything was fine.
Maybe I just need a new computer....20 years is too old. --;

#600  May 18, 2012, 04:30:59 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Small little error type thing. I was trying to make the animation for my avatar in FF3 because I'm lazy, but when I saved the file and went to check it, there was only a white screen with a few black pixels. I tried this with quite a few images, and got the same results. My end? Or is this something with the program?

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D