YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556914 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4 + Update 5
#681  July 08, 2012, 11:58:45 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 5 on the first post.

Finally fixed the Animation name bug that corrupts the AIR. Very special thanks to GamerXP that found a way to reproduce this, instead of just complaining like other people.

Thanks!
#682  July 09, 2012, 01:33:31 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
So that's why I never had such problems with animations. I never give them names.

Edit : found a new bug.
Opening a character, then pressing "New" for sounds, then importing a large number of wavs to rebuild the .SND, then saving it over the same name as it originally was causes FF3 to be unstable and freeze eventually. It seems to be related to saving because even when I don't do anything to the SND and only change cns after doing the above process, it still prompts me to save the SND file under a new name every time I press ctrl+s. Maybe it doesn't recognize the new snd as part of the project or something?
Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:51:22 pm by Seravy
#683  July 12, 2012, 12:47:51 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
New problem :
Writing [state] with nothing after it causes Mugen to crash, and it's not marked as a syntax error. [State ] with a space after it, works, so it seems that the space is required there.
#684  July 12, 2012, 12:49:48 pm
    • Thailand

Finally fixed the Animation name bug that corrupts the AIR. Very special thanks to GamerXP that found a way to reproduce this, instead of just complaining like other people.

Thanks!
Well, we didn't know what was going it. It often showed up without errors after long hours of editing. So it was difficult to catch. Glad you fixed it, though. Thanks.
#685  July 12, 2012, 05:38:00 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
So that's why I never had such problems with animations. I never give them names.

Edit : found a new bug.
Opening a character, then pressing "New" for sounds, then importing a large number of wavs to rebuild the .SND, then saving it over the same name as it originally was causes FF3 to be unstable and freeze eventually. It seems to be related to saving because even when I don't do anything to the SND and only change cns after doing the above process, it still prompts me to save the SND file under a new name every time I press ctrl+s. Maybe it doesn't recognize the new snd as part of the project or something?
Yeah, confirmed.

New problem :
Writing [state] with nothing after it causes Mugen to crash, and it's not marked as a syntax error. [State ] with a space after it, works, so it seems that the space is required there.
OK

Thanks!
Well, we didn't know what was going it. It often showed up without errors after long hours of editing. So it was difficult to catch. Glad you fixed it, though. Thanks.
Thanks for reporting too. Most times the bug is easy to fix, and i can find the problem myself. But, in this case, the bug has been caused by just one line of code, but the AIR system is very complex (5000+ lines of code) and is near impossible to test all possibilities.
#686  July 13, 2012, 12:01:46 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico

Thanks!

Nice stuff man... I not posting this days because I never found another bug... but this thing in the AIR file was really anoying as I can see, but thanks to god you could adress that :)

Keep on the good work!!
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#687  July 14, 2012, 11:25:03 pm
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
I don't know what the deal is with the Auto-Organizer, but I'm really disliking it.

It organizes my animations just fines, but when it comes to the sprites. . .they're even MORE unorganized. . .
I'm trying. . .
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4 + Update 6
#688  July 15, 2012, 12:27:33 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I don't know what the deal is with the Auto-Organizer, but I'm really disliking it.

It organizes my animations just fines, but when it comes to the sprites. . .they're even MORE unorganized. . .
On SFF v1, FF3 organize sprites by palette. This ensures the right order and helps to reduce the SFF size. If you want to sort by group/index, switch to SFF v2.

Update 6 on the first post.

Changes
- Fixed the save all/snd bug
- [State] without space marked as error
- Unlocked the issues list (do you remember?). It displays SFF errors and warnings too (File -> Check errors or the icon in the status bar).

Thanks!
#689  July 15, 2012, 12:52:42 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Is there an option to make the program ignore parameters depricated in 1.1?

Honestly, I can't fix such issues if I don't have such closed beta. Probably many creators feel like this as well. Now my projects display yellow attention marks that I am not able to solve.
#690  July 15, 2012, 08:14:46 am
    • Russia
Cool.
BTW, Offset Viewer still don't work for SSFv2
Also, in Import From another Project (for SFF) - why is there option "Add" if renumber don't work without checking it?

Also, can you add function if AIR editor, that adds all sprites of specific group to animation? It's really annoying to add all frames of effects manually

PS. Another thing:
Code:
scale = 0.1*log(2,time+1),0.7*log(2,time+1)

FF Says "This parameter requiers 2 values", though it works fine in mugen. Also, it will be nice, if that bug tracker will jump to error when you click on it, not just in CNS with bug
Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:40:41 am by GamerXP
#691  July 15, 2012, 09:24:19 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com

Honestly, I can't fix such issues if I don't have such closed beta. Probably many creators feel like this as well. Now my projects display yellow attention marks that I am not able to solve.
OK, changed to only include Mugen 1.1 stuff if you're working on 1.1.

Cool.
BTW, Offset Viewer still don't work for SSFv2
BTW,  i can't find any problem with it. There is no difference between v1 and v2 in FF3, it works with v2 internally.

Also, in Import From another Project (for SFF) - why is there option "Add" if renumber don't work without checking it?
Just uncheck the Add option.  --;

Also, can you add function if AIR editor, that adds all sprites of specific group to animation? It's really annoying to add all frames of effects manually
This function is available since the first release, look at the Thumbnails panel.

PS. Another thing:
Code:
scale = 0.1*log(2,time+1),0.7*log(2,time+1)

FF Says "This parameter requiers 2 values", though it works fine in mugen. Also, it will be nice, if that bug tracker will jump to error when you click on it, not just in CNS with bug
FF3 syntax checking follows the Mugen documentation. We know that Mugen ignores a lot of "errors", but if something isn't specified in the docs and Elecbyte change its behavior, all chars using the "hack" will have trouble. OK, it probably never will happen, but...
About the number of values, i can't find anything in the docs that said it's optional. If it works or have an undocumented behavior, the question above can be applied.
If we follow the Mugen behavior, almost nothing will be errors, and this can lead to problems that will be very difficult to find.

Thanks!
#692  July 16, 2012, 01:02:50 am
    • Mexico
In the warning and file checker module, the const240p, const480p and const720p triggers are not recognized correctly for characters in mugen 1.0 version templates
Also, sintax like:
type = Varset
trigger1 = time = 0
var(7) := var(8 ) = 0
is considered an error, while is valid.

also sprpriority in hitdefs are detected as errors, unless mugen 1.0 doesn't use this at all... but just for the record ;)

also should be nice that:

Yes, I know you adressed this, but for 1.0 character this still appears... just a minor issue, but this can make FF3 take less time to load the character as it needs to check errors everytime you load the program.

Besides this, i really like this last new feature :)

See ya!!!!!!!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#693  July 16, 2012, 01:44:15 am
    • Mexico
Discovered another bug: While correcting a duplicate in my sff, importing a sprite group from another character that has smilar sprites, result on FF3 replicating the sprite it considers its the last different one with different index number until it reaches the correct number of indexes......

I'm leaving a video showing how this works, thsi happens when you save the sff and then you reopen the character... (it seems to be a save function related looking for duplicates as far as i can see)...
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544C0bM0H2c

Edit... seems to be a pallete issue, the pallette is almost the same, so FF3 considers it should use the last different pallete, since the next ones are "identical" according to the way of sorting...

Hope this helps.

See ya!!! :D
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:46:07 am by FerchogtX
#694  July 16, 2012, 04:15:08 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
In the warning and file checker module, the const240p, const480p and const720p triggers are not recognized correctly for characters in mugen 1.0 version templates
Also, sintax like:
type = Varset
trigger1 = time = 0

also sprpriority in hitdefs are detected as errors, unless mugen 1.0 doesn't use this at all... but just for the record ;)
Yes, some things are missing in the syntax database. I only update this file in full versions, but is welcome to know what is missing without testing.  ;D

Yes, I know you adressed this, but for 1.0 character this still appears... just a minor issue, but this can make FF3 take less time to load the character as it needs to check errors everytime you load the program.
No, i fixed it in the last unreleased build, after Update 6. It doesn't work because i don't released the fix yet  ;D.

Thanks. I just unlocked the feature, it needs more work. I implemented the navigation with double-click and adjusted the frequency of updates. News coming soon  ;D

Discovered another bug: While correcting a duplicate in my sff, importing a sprite group from another character that has smilar sprites, result on FF3 replicating the sprite it considers its the last different one with different index number until it reaches the correct number of indexes......

I'm leaving a video showing how this works, thsi happens when you save the sff and then you reopen the character... (it seems to be a save function related looking for duplicates as far as i can see)...

Edit... seems to be a pallete issue, the pallette is almost the same, so FF3 considers it should use the last different pallete, since the next ones are "identical" according to the way of sorting...

Hope this helps.

Yeah, fixed now, thanks!
#695  July 16, 2012, 05:21:04 am
    • Mexico
Also, sintax like:
type = Varset
trigger1 = time = 0

Yes, some things are missing in the syntax database. I only update this file in full versions, but is welcome to know what is missing without testing.  ;D
Nice!!! :D

No, i fixed it in the last unreleased build, after Update 6. It doesn't work because i don't released the fix yet  ;D.
A, gotcha...

Thanks. I just unlocked the feature, it needs more work. I implemented the navigation with double-click and adjusted the frequency of updates. News coming soon  ;D
Glad you mention this, the double click navigation doesn't work, it doesn't bring you to the place of the problem so yu have to look by yourself the lines of code or sprites...

Hope this helps.

Yeah, fixed now, thanks!
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This wil surely be the best update of all of them!!!

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#696  July 16, 2012, 07:23:21 am
    • Russia
Just uncheck the Add option.  --;
That's strange. Last time I tried it didn't changed sprite group number, but now it worked. Maybe my fail

This function is available since the first release, look at the Thumbnails panel.
Oops. Somehow ignored that panel for some reason

BTW,  i can't find any problem with it. There is no difference between v1 and v2 in FF3, it works with v2 internally.
Hmm. Looks like this bug is not with all SFF files, but it don't work with SFF I created with FF3. I'll send it to you by PM
#697  July 17, 2012, 12:17:53 am
  • Shakespear.
Trying to change the shortcut keys almost always causes a crash on my system.  It's probably because I'm using Crossover to run it on a Mac (which has a very different keyboard), but that being said, if I open FF and do nothing else but the following it will crash.
Click on Setup, click the interface tab, scroll down and double click on 'Ctrl+I' next to 'import sprite from...' push backspace to clear the field, then down arrow to move off it, then click apply, that will do it. 

Hope this helps. Thanks again for a fantastic program, and all the creative potential you've unleashed with it.

EDIT:
Weird thing is all the changes I make work fine as long as I don't click Apply, and just click Close.

EDIT 2:
I just added 60 sprites, resized them all, then clicked project save, and it froze and corrupted the sprite file.  I did nothing else but that.  (add sprites > resize x 60 > save).
#698  July 17, 2012, 04:27:16 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hmm. Looks like this bug is not with all SFF files, but it don't work with SFF I created with FF3. I'll send it to you by PM
Tested with the files you sent, and works for me. What doesn't work for you?

Trying to change the shortcut keys almost always causes a crash on my system.  It's probably because I'm using Crossover to run it on a Mac (which has a very different keyboard), but that being said, if I open FF and do nothing else but the following it will crash.
Click on Setup, click the interface tab, scroll down and double click on 'Ctrl+I' next to 'import sprite from...' push backspace to clear the field, then down arrow to move off it, then click apply, that will do it. 

Hope this helps. Thanks again for a fantastic program, and all the creative potential you've unleashed with it.

EDIT:
Weird thing is all the changes I make work fine as long as I don't click Apply, and just click Close.

EDIT 2:
I just added 60 sprites, resized them all, then clicked project save, and it froze and corrupted the sprite file.  I did nothing else but that.  (add sprites > resize x 60 > save).
Download the latest version first. I fixed the shortcut issue a few updates ago. If your problem persists, post again (include repro steps this time).

Thanks!
#699  July 17, 2012, 05:12:19 am
  • Uhhh Hi...
    • USA
    • ohaoha@verizon.net
    • www.youtube.com/IxAMxLEGIT
Nice! But I can't figure out palettes and how to customize them. Feh I guess I'm a failure with this. Hahaha.
I need something to put here. ;-;
#700  July 17, 2012, 06:06:29 am
    • Russia
Tested with the files you sent, and works for me. What doesn't work for you?
Found out the problem. Its with localcoord in def file
It does work for
Code:
localcoord 	= 	320,240
But doesn't for
Code:
;Added space after ','
localcoord = 320, 240

PS. FF3 crases if you use offset viewer when you don't have any AIR opened