YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1561779 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC6 (Reup + mirror)
#801  August 19, 2012, 07:24:46 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Would it be too much trouble to add in a few custom CLSN presets that can be saved by the user? With buttons to add them into the frame?
Perhaps they could be put under the CLSN buttons. It'd be best if there was no limit to how many you can have but if a limit is needed perhaps 6?

Example, while making a character the Stand, Crouch, and in Air CLSNs are used in almost every animation and they are also the base for those states in most cases. So right now I have to keep an extra text file open with those in it and copy paste. It'd increase productivity greatly if we could have presets that could load.

To add upon this it might be best to make a new file that can be saved with the character. So that it loads with a specific character.

Again this program is really helping out a lot. But man these air files take forever :P
#802  August 20, 2012, 11:13:37 pm
    • Ukraine
    • gshakhov@gmail.com
I have found a bug. If the sprites were firstly in a 32 element palette and they will be transformed to 256 element palette, they 
won't become 256 and remain 32. I will give you the project. I need to convert all the black sprites to have a 256 element palette.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm7yxras9l2rvu5/kfm.rar

P.S. reopening images fixes the problem, but I can't reopen all that ~250 images one by one.
#803  August 20, 2012, 11:26:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Are you using the newest version? I think he resolved this issue when I mentioned it a while back.
#804  August 21, 2012, 06:33:20 am
    • Ukraine
    • gshakhov@gmail.com
I am using 3.0.1400.2012 version.
Give me the link to the newest or tell where can I find it (which page).
#805  August 21, 2012, 01:05:28 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
1st page of this thread :)
#806  August 21, 2012, 02:42:26 pm
    • Ukraine
    • gshakhov@gmail.com
Doesn't help. The same version.
#807  August 21, 2012, 08:56:02 pm
    • florin_matei1996@hotmail.com
Can we have something, like a button, that refreshes the loaded project because i have this stage that has some comment without ";"and its keeping FF from analyzing the syntax and opening the sff and running it in mugen unless i reopen manually.
And also something that changes the type and version of a project manually so that FF will tell the syntax error for the project you want to update instead of mugen beta, for example. my bad, those stages i was editing didn't have mugen version so i forgot and wrote this

Just thinking out loud. not really that important :P
Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:04:38 am by SilverSkin
#808  August 22, 2012, 12:30:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I am using 3.0.1400.2012 version.
Give me the link to the newest or tell where can I find it (which page).
My apologies. I mistook your issue as a 32bit issue. Not a 32 colors issue.
#809  August 22, 2012, 01:37:29 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
i can't seem to load mugen 1.0 from FF3:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i added the path in FF3 options and everything seem in order... weird thing is i can load the exact same mugen 1.0 straight up, and there is no "can't open stage: stages/" error message!

any idea?
You're trying to run a char in a Mugen configured in FF3 to run stages. Check the parameters.

So, if you are in Sprites, and click the Save .SFF disk icon on the left, then cancel it while it's saving it corrupts the .sff 
Disabled the cancel button on save operations.

Detected a lil' bug... Whenever you use the option "Edit currnt animation as text" and you delete frames from there (mainly from the end to top of the text displayed, the next animation text data appears overlapping the current information... you need to give spaces to get rid of the overlapping animation data XD...

If you need detals I can post a video if you want.

See ya!! :D
Fixed.

Would it be too much trouble to add in a few custom CLSN presets that can be saved by the user? With buttons to add them into the frame?
Perhaps they could be put under the CLSN buttons. It'd be best if there was no limit to how many you can have but if a limit is needed perhaps 6?

Example, while making a character the Stand, Crouch, and in Air CLSNs are used in almost every animation and they are also the base for those states in most cases. So right now I have to keep an extra text file open with those in it and copy paste. It'd increase productivity greatly if we could have presets that could load.

To add upon this it might be best to make a new file that can be saved with the character. So that it loads with a specific character.

Again this program is really helping out a lot. But man these air files take forever :P
I think you can do it using the clipboard container.

I have found a bug. If the sprites were firstly in a 32 element palette and they will be transformed to 256 element palette, they 
won't become 256 and remain 32. I will give you the project. I need to convert all the black sprites to have a 256 element palette.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm7yxras9l2rvu5/kfm.rar

P.S. reopening images fixes the problem, but I can't reopen all that ~250 images one by one.
:???: Looking at your SFF we can see that all the black sprites doesn't have the same palette as the right ones. And you're forcing it to be swapped with the 0,0 palette. Isn't a bug, you're doing it wrong. You must make sure that when you insert a sprite, all images that will use the same palette must have the same order of colors. You can use the option "Adapt to the specified palette" when adding sprites or apply the same palette to all images you want in the Advanced palette editor. Inserting sprites with palettes in a random order doesn't work.

Can we have something, like a button, that refreshes the loaded project because i have this stage that has some comment without ";"and its keeping FF from analyzing the syntax and opening the sff and running it in mugen unless i reopen manually.
And also something that changes the type and version of a project manually so that FF will tell the syntax error for the project you want to update instead of mugen beta, for example.

Just thinking out loud. not really that important :P

Just click in the status bar section that says: Enconding XX, and hit OK.
Just change the mugenversion parameter in the Info group and FF3 will re-parse all text files to check errors for the specified version.

I'm working on an amazing new feature. I will release the next version only when I finish it.

Thanks!
#810  August 22, 2012, 05:34:36 am
    • Ukraine
    • gshakhov@gmail.com
They had the same order of colors and can't be normally adapted.
#811  August 23, 2012, 03:14:12 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
They had the same order of colors and can't be normally adapted.
Send me your sprites (images). I'm 99,99% sure you're doing something wrong, but only by looking at the SFF v2 doesn't help because i can't check the original order of the palette.
#812  August 23, 2012, 05:19:54 am
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Just click in the status bar section that says: Enconding XX, and hit OK.
Just change the mugenversion parameter in the Info group and FF3 will re-parse all text files to check errors for the specified version.
So how about the sff, when you change the name in [BGdef] spr? it doesn't update when i click Enconding.
#813  August 24, 2012, 01:44:00 am
  • Shakespear.
Hello VirtuallTek,
  I found a bug in the image editor.  If you 'detach' the layer or sprite windows and then close the image editor, the detached windows remain.  If you close those windows, then open the image editor back up, they are missing.  Hope his helps, and thanks again!
#814  August 24, 2012, 02:52:52 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
So how about the sff, when you change the name in [BGdef] spr? it doesn't update when i click Enconding.
:???: FF3 only read file sections and load files while opening a project. Reloading files when editing the def will be a pain. And this is useless as you can do manually and can lead to data loss if you're working on another file.

Hello VirtuallTek,
  I found a bug in the image editor.  If you 'detach' the layer or sprite windows and then close the image editor, the detached windows remain.  If you close those windows, then open the image editor back up, they are missing.  Hope his helps, and thanks again!
Right-click the menu bar in the image editor and check the desired window in the list.
#815  August 24, 2012, 05:02:55 pm
:???: FF3 only read file sections and load files while opening a project. Reloading files when editing the def will be a pain. And this is useless as you can do manually and can lead to data loss if you're working on another file.
I wanted a reload button because i had to reopen the project and look for it's location but, i don't need it anymore because open recent does the trick (it was so obvious how could I've missed it). Sorry, won't bother you anymore :-X
#816  August 26, 2012, 12:41:22 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Preview of the amazing new feature!!!  :swoon:

Fighter Factory RC7 will come with a new editor: BGs. This editor works directly on the .def (as AIR on stages) and supports all BG parameters (including parallax, dummy, positionlink), except window and windowdelta. You can play with the player start pos and zoffset with drag and drop, test the BGs at real-time inside FF with the simulation feature (supports pause, single step, bg ctrls). It supports zoffsetlink too and you can move the camera to test deltas, parallax and so :nutrox: .

You can move the selected BG with drag and drop. The organizer is used to rename, navigate, delete and define the BG visibility too.

Express train running at simulation mode. This stage has a lot of BGs and BG controllers, all being simulated in real-time.

It works with system screens too :nutrox:.

I'm working now on small tools to edit: BG controllers, PlayerInfo, StageInfo and Bounds. Menu items can be added later too
Cybaster will be happy now :P

Coming soon!!!
Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:46:14 am by VirtuallTek
#817  August 26, 2012, 01:18:34 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Really awesome! This will be most useful!
#818  August 26, 2012, 05:27:25 am
    • Russia
Wow. That's great!
#819  August 26, 2012, 10:35:18 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wow, not only FF does characters, it will eventually can do stages!

Nice! :)
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#820  August 26, 2012, 10:37:51 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
WHOA WHOA WHOA the next one'll be able to edit stages? I just might actually get into making one or two of them with this, take your time, I'm willing to wait till it's polished to a mirror sheen!
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?