YesNoOk

Dream Thread (Read 35434 times)

Started by The Aboriginal One, June 19, 2007, 09:56:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dream Thread
#41  June 20, 2007, 03:18:32 am
  • duwa duwa
^^ hehe good shit.
ever since saw 3 and hostel 2 i had dreams of how i would be tortured to death by people who i distanced myself from. god its like you try to sleep but you can't but time is still passing by so it only seems like a second.

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
Meaning of dreams
#42  June 20, 2007, 01:02:25 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Last year I bought this guys' book on a dream content analysis. I've always been interested in dreams, and Freud's theories (aka Pseudoscience, the main thing we are taught here) have never satisfied me. I really recommend it, for those interested in the subject:
"The scientific study of dreams", by G. William Domhoff.

Smoke, I really recommend this one. Seiously. There are alternatives to Freudian/Kleinian/Lacanian theories on dream content analysis. ;P

A book that tells you "this kind of dreams means such and such", as in "dreaming with frogs mean you want to screw your mother", is, IMHO, completely missing the point. It is also wrong to claim that all dreams are important messages of your mind. Sometimes, they just should be discarded. :)

Still, I have no dream life of my own. :-X
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA

FusionAX

#43  June 20, 2007, 03:29:03 pm
A few dreams:

First one.  I was in my room, a few years ago, begging my mother to let me play this new game we'd recently bought.  After some talk, I succeed in being able to play the game.  The game seemed to have wireframe graphics, and unbelievable graphics and sound.  Oh, it was also third-person, and I enjoyed the heck out of it.  I woke up in the middle of playing the game.  I think a very simiilar game was released on the 32X...

Another one, I was in school.  Back in one of my middle school classrooms, we had 5 computers the students could use.  A Tandy,2 old low-power machines, a Compaq, and an iMac.  I and a few students just managed to uncover this killer game on the Tandy's hard drive.  It's a 3D shooter with very simplistic graphics.  I didn't get to look at it too long, because I woke up not too long after it was my turn to play the game.

Another: I rose out of my bed, just expecting yet another standard day.  I decided to pop in a new game into the Wii, and played what was, effectively, a Naruto game.  I found myself... Starting off, playing as Jiraiya.  I could swap characters to Naruto, and then back to Jiraiya.  I never got too far in the game itself, but as far as I can remember, I think Sasuke was in the dream too.  Note I was playing a video game, on what system I don't know.  But it was definitely Naruto-themed.

I don't think there's any significance to those dreams at all, other than that they're cool.
#44  June 20, 2007, 04:22:55 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Eh, I guess it's time for another dream life, and since I'm listening to video game music...
this was immediately after the Julia Phase. I was already into video games, but I started to play more fighting games. Now that I "was" the house, I didn't know where to go. Not that I had a choice. That was when I started having dreams of all the games I was playing. Including, but not limited to:

Super Mario Bros 1,2, and 3.
Back to the Future
Sonic the hedgehog
Ninja Gaiden
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country 1,2, and 3
Street fighter 2 and 3
Killer Instinct 1 and 2
Tekken 3,4, and TT
Evil Zone
Krusty's Super Fun House
Final Fantasy 7 and 8
ActRaiser
E.V.O
Shaq-Fu
Jak and Daxter
Spyro
Tomb Raider

Now, the thing about those dreams is that I, for some reason or whatever, HAD to FIGHT the characters. Safe to say, I got my ass whooped WAYYYY more in dreams than in reality.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#45  June 20, 2007, 06:25:41 pm
this one needs a nightmare thread  :P
all final exams have ended , and today and yesterday I had similar nightmares , I must pass again the exams without knowing the least crap about lessons and subjects  :shout: , it woke up really crappy-furious , cuz it seemed very real , and I was sure that I already passed exams , and had again to pass other ones ? WTF
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#46  June 21, 2007, 10:12:43 am
    • Germany
#47  June 21, 2007, 11:54:10 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
When I was playing Majora's Mask, I had troubles finding the second to last mask. Then I saw a dream where I found it from the last temple. Funnily enough, Giant's Mask was the second to last mask.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#48  June 24, 2007, 12:33:32 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
My dreams usually contain copious amounts of blood either on me or on someone else.

The last one I had I was in a cold, wet, swamp in the night with some dude in tattered clothes hiding in the shadows stalker-like. Then what I remember was a flash of lightning (it's raining by the way) and a walkway of mud and bones appearing before me. Afterwards I went on the walkway and found a sledge hammer which I later used to kill the guy stalking me in a shack. After that I turned the dude around to see how he looked like and he had no face. Essentially the area where is face was supposed to be was a bloody mess. When I saw the face was when I woke up.

And the scary thing was that I felt everything. Not the dream itself.

Hope that you guys don't think I am a psycho. :P

Just wanted to share.
#49  June 24, 2007, 09:20:49 pm
    • Germany
half the guys who share their dreams here are psychos. besides, people share only the cool dreams here, not the defining interesting ones :P
#50  June 24, 2007, 09:45:22 pm
  • DAT SAX
Well, over the past two nights, I had two interesting dreams. Good luck "defining" these Val. :P

Keep in mind I'm a 14 year old. Yeah, virgin. (unlike probably half the 8th graders in my school)

Also, 2 nights ago I went to a party, and yeah, all everyone did was grind.

So the first dream goes like this (warning, RAPE):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Yikes. Second one I don't have to put in spoilers. This was last night.

I dream I'm in the alley from the Town level in the game GunZ. Except there's no benches or dumpsters or cars and there's only one sub-alley. I extend my hand and I shoot about 5 yellow energy blades from it. I extend my other hand and I shoot a blue energy ball from it. I go into the sub-alley and I find Yuri Sakazaki. She shoots a Raioken (sp?) at me and I pass out. I wake up in this house/Japanese restaurant (in most of my dreams I'm in some place combined with something Japanese... >.>) and I'm on the floor. I get up and look in a mirror behind me and I'm dressed like a girl and my hair is done up with fox-tails like style in it. I go into the restaurant and I find the more attractive girl from my last dream and some of her friends eating sushi at a bar. One of them say "New girl...she kinda looks like [my name here] with long hair." and I walk away. Now I'm in a DBZ style mountain range/field and Teen Gohan is watching TV. Then Frieza flies down extremely fast and crashes into the TV and starts laughing about it. Gohan gets pissed and starts fighting Freiza.
They crash into a short mountain in front of me and I hear Gohan say "YOU CRASHED INTO MY TV YOU JERK" and Frieza remains laughing. Gohan lands behind me and says, "Do you know what you've done?" and Frieza says, "Yeah, I smashed your TV". Gohan says "Now how am I supposed to watch my show?!" and for some reason points his hand at various places on the ground and statues of Goku, Piccolo, and a new TV rise up, all made out of rock. I look back and I can see the house/restaurant sitting on a hill behind us and then I wake up.

Jesus Christ.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:47:45 pm by *~Ishida-Uryuu~*
#51  June 24, 2007, 10:03:12 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Well, over the past two nights, I had two interesting dreams. Good luck "defining" these Val. :P

Keep in mind I'm a 14 year old. Yeah, virgin. (unlike probably half the 8th graders in my school)

Also, 2 nights ago I went to a party, and yeah, all everyone did was grind.

So the first dream goes like this (warning, RAPE):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Yikes. Second one I don't have to put in spoilers. This was last night.

I dream I'm in the alley from the Town level in the game GunZ. Except there's no benches or dumpsters or cars and there's only one sub-alley. I extend my hand and I shoot about 5 yellow energy blades from it. I extend my other hand and I shoot a blue energy ball from it. I go into the sub-alley and I find Yuri Sakazaki. She shoots a Raioken (sp?) at me and I pass out. I wake up in this house/Japanese restaurant (in most of my dreams I'm in some place combined with something Japanese... >.>) and I'm on the floor. I get up and look in a mirror behind me and I'm dressed like a girl and my hair is done up with fox-tails like style in it. I go into the restaurant and I find the more attractive girl from my last dream and some of her friends eating sushi at a bar. One of them say "New girl...she kinda looks like [my name here] with long hair." and I walk away. Now I'm in a DBZ style mountain range/field and Teen Gohan is watching TV. Then Frieza flies down extremely fast and crashes into the TV and starts laughing about it. Gohan gets pissed and starts fighting Freiza.
They crash into a short mountain in front of me and I hear Gohan say "YOU CRASHED INTO MY TV YOU JERK" and Frieza remains laughing. Gohan lands behind me and says, "Do you know what you've done?" and Frieza says, "Yeah, I smashed your TV". Gohan says "Now how am I supposed to watch my show?!" and for some reason points his hand at various places on the ground and statues of Goku, Piccolo, and a new TV rise up, all made out of rock. I look back and I can see the house/restaurant sitting on a hill behind us and then I wake up.

Jesus Christ.

The first one was hot until you started peeing, hahahaha!!!

And the second one proves you watch too much anime. :P
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#52  June 24, 2007, 10:08:23 pm
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:12:29 pm by å½¢ã
#53  June 24, 2007, 10:39:52 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
[quote author=å½¢ã
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#54  June 24, 2007, 10:49:18 pm
I'm not sure either if he was sure it was pee or something else...and I've never seen someone do that kind of dreams and ended up peeing in real time
#55  June 24, 2007, 11:41:43 pm
  • DAT SAX
Trust me...it wasn't semen, but I sure wish it was... :no:

EDIT: BAH! I just remembered, one of the statues wasn't Piccolo, it was my WIP, Barns.

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:46:51 pm by *~Ishida-Uryuu~*
#56  June 24, 2007, 11:56:02 pm
  • SNK is life
#57  June 25, 2007, 12:01:33 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
WTF
#58  June 25, 2007, 12:20:44 am
  • DAT SAX

My MUGEN shit:
#59  June 25, 2007, 12:26:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Once I had a dream that I was an angel who was watching over this baby mermaid being raised by the Wild Thornberries. While Nigel Thornberry was skydiving one day, Team Rocket showed up to kidnap the Mermaid for some Pokemon project, and she ended up running into that place that looked like Doc Ock's machine from Spider-man 2. Then the Sailor Scouts showed up to fight Team Rocket, but they were no match for their Raticates and Koffings. Then the X-Men showed up and I posessed both Wolverine and Mewtwo at the same time, becoming a clawed Mewtwo and proceeded to rip people up. And then I woke up.
It's inevitable.
#60  June 25, 2007, 12:34:47 am
  • SNK is life
Feh...me and puberty met, shook hands, went hiking, and had tea last Sunday, then I put him on a plane to Nova Scotia.
Oh you better start liking Nova Scotia, because that's where you're going from here  :ninja: