YesNoOk

Bash videos vs review videos, what do you prefer? (Read 9578 times)

Started by Masterhand128, March 14, 2016, 09:33:12 pm
Share this topic:
Bash videos vs review videos, what do you prefer?
#1  March 14, 2016, 09:33:12 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
Currently my thought has been changed, I think bash video is after all immature and a waste of time...
In my opinion I prefer review videos with a humor sense, because is more useful than a bash video and shows perfectly the problems of a character.

Of curse a Bash video is maybe entertaining,but I think is more offensive and useless and I think I will make my own review for characters like pizzasause (A Daniel clone), A badly made punching bah of Gonzalo Torchia, a badly stolen edit called Psychoraper Vega(Was made by pots but some pervert guy made overpowered rape moves, requires 1 power and he doesn´t care give credit him and I hope Ultramono Mugen will not make a stupid video because a youtuber hentai fangirl called Ana Karen made a video using this character again Miku :P) and Chuhorryu´s characters...

What do you think? :)
Re: Bash videos vs review videos, what do you prefer?
#2  March 14, 2016, 10:16:46 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
The in-between non-video version would be the long gone Doki Doki Mugen.
#3  March 14, 2016, 11:54:43 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
doki doki was almost all bashing about code stealing and unnecessary personal attacks. its important history on how this community's standards have changed (for  the better.)

me, titiln and mc2 have done some decent text reviews, imo.
#4  March 15, 2016, 12:06:55 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Review videos for me because they may sometimes be funny, but bashing someone shouldn't do anything...unless the creators a jerk.
#5  March 15, 2016, 12:11:40 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
review would be better, even if it is in text, you could give good reasons why you like or not a character, what you like about his gameplay and things like that, in my opinion its better than bash videos, and feels more natural since its your opinion, if you gonna do reviews, then its a interesting project, good luck with what yoou choose at the end. :thumbsup:
#6  March 15, 2016, 12:16:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
On one hand, we have excessively aggressive videos that mostly serve to insult the suthor.
On the other hand, we have videos that usually praise something that doesn't necessarily deserve praise.

It's a matter of choosing between two evils really.
#7  March 15, 2016, 09:13:21 am
    • Spain
doki doki was almost all bashing about code stealing and unnecessary personal attacks. its important history on how this community's standards have changed (for  the better.)

me, titiln and mc2 have done some decent text reviews, imo.

I never liked these criticism about "stolen stuff", except if a creator doesn´t care give credit and remove the authorname like the case of Psychoraper Vega.

Review videos for me because they may sometimes be funny, but bashing someone shouldn't do anything...unless the creators a jerk.

Oh, don´t worry, my videos will include crazy clips from Tourettes Guy, Nostalgia critic, Angry videogame nerd...

review would be better, even if it is in text, you could give good reasons why you like or not a character, what you like about his gameplay and things like that, in my opinion its better than bash videos, and feels more natural since its your opinion, if you gonna do reviews, then its a interesting project, good luck with what yoou choose at the end. :thumbsup:

I will make review videos instead Bash videos. :)

On one hand, we have excessively aggressive videos that mostly serve to insult the suthor.
On the other hand, we have videos that usually praise something that doesn't necessarily deserve praise.

It's a matter of choosing between two evils really.

Every characters(except some exceptions) has good things and bad things.
And not only gives a lesson against the author, also against "these kids(the fanboys) who likes bad characters" as you said, especially, Chuchoryu´s fans(Because they loves his sprites but they doesn´t care THE CODING) and Ana Karen(Because apparently she likes this stupid Vega edit with A LOT OF PROBLEMS and she shouldn´t upload hentai videos not because I don´t like hentai, it is because YOUTUBE HAS A 0% OF TOLERANCE OF THESE VIDEOS AND MAYBE COULD SENSITIZE SOME PEOPLE, like Ultramono Mugen and I hope this fangirl doesn´t make any excuse when I upload one of my next review video), I think I will make a little knock against the character depending of my punctuation with a word "EPIC FAIL" as a satire for making the video more funny...
#8  March 15, 2016, 01:40:41 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Review obviously. You know you don't have to be 100% positive in reviews, right? Just be honest. Bashing is insulting. Don't do that. If you have negative opinions of what you're reviewing, then express them tactfully in your review video.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#9  March 15, 2016, 02:01:35 pm
    • Spain
My videos will include a text, analysis of hitboxes and attacks about the knock is only a joke and it is part of my classification, my videos will include some funny moments for making more entertainment.
#10  March 15, 2016, 02:09:07 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
how good is your recording quality?
will you be able to talk at length? will you have a script? will you use jump cuts?
will you record live or do a voiceover on prerecorded footage?
do you have the "voice" for it? (if you don't, consider text)

lui

#11  March 15, 2016, 02:12:04 pm
    • USA
do you have a good understanding about priority and an understanding of various fighting game mechanics to base your data off of?

also against "these kids(the fanboys) who likes bad characters" as you said, especially, Chuchoryu´s fans(Because they loves his sprites but they doesn´t care THE CODING) and Ana Karen(Because apparently she likes this stupid Vega edit with A LOT OF PROBLEMS and she shouldn´t upload hentai videos not because I don´t like hentai

okay, you said you don't like bashing vids yet youre unfairly bashing the people who like certain things just because you don't like them? different people have different tastes man, don't be a hypocritcal asshole about it. it's fine to not like chuch's stuff and hentai, but c'mon now don't be like that towards the people that like them. :/
Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:16:01 pm by walruslui
#12  March 15, 2016, 02:16:03 pm
    • Spain
how good is your recording quality?
will you be able to talk at length? will you have a script? will you use jump cuts?
will you record live or do a voiceover on prerecorded footage?
do you have the "voice" for it? (if you don't, consider text)

I dont have a microphone but, I will use text.

do you have a good understanding about priority and an understanding of various fighting game mechanics to base your data off of?

Currently, I´m researching this but after this I will research the character and compare the gameplay of Mugen and his original game.

also against "these kids(the fanboys) who likes bad characters" as you said, especially, Chuchoryu´s fans(Because they loves his sprites but they doesn´t care THE CODING) and Ana Karen(Because apparently she likes this stupid Vega edit with A LOT OF PROBLEMS and she shouldn´t upload hentai videos not because I don´t like hentai

okay, you said you don't like bashing vids yet youre unfairly bashing the people who like certain things just because you don't like them? different people have different tastes man, don't be a hypocritcal asshole about it. it's fine to not like chuch's stuff and hentai, but c'mon now don't be like that towards the people that like them. :/

OK,I wil not make a attack against the people who likes thing, but anyways I will review hentai character(with funny cersor) IF THE CHARACTER IS BAD.

Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:23:11 pm by masterhand128
#13  March 15, 2016, 02:33:34 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
what i'm reading here doesn't sound entertaining in practice.

a video with only text commentary interspersed with random old memes isn't going to get you much credit. and i still dont know if you are trying to go for humor or you are being serious. you can find a mix of the two but you need to make sure its balanced.

what i suggest to you is a text review, with screen shots. if you wnat funny memes you can do it like this:

text

text

screenshot

text

text about how this characters reminds u of meme x

embedded yt video of meme x

more text

screenshot

etc.

lui

#14  March 15, 2016, 02:37:12 pm
    • USA
#15  March 15, 2016, 02:46:52 pm
    • Spain
what i'm reading here doesn't sound entertaining in practice.

a video with only text commentary interspersed with random old memes isn't going to get you much credit. and i still dont know if you are trying to go for humor or you are being serious. you can find a mix of the two but you need to make sure its balanced.

what i suggest to you is a text review, with screen shots. if you wnat funny memes you can do it like this:

text

text

screenshot

text

text about how this characters reminds u of meme x

embedded yt video of meme x

more text

screenshot

etc.

Not only I will use screenshots, I will record videos for watching the character using his attacks and I will make stupid comparations in my texts...(I might :p).

OK,I wil not make a attack against the people who likes thing, but anyways I will review hentai character(with funny cersor) IF THE CHARACTER IS BAD.

that's fair enough.

No problem! :)

lui

#16  March 15, 2016, 02:49:12 pm
    • USA

Not only I will use screenshots, I will record videos for watching the character using his attacks and I will make stupid comparations in my texts...(I might :p).

that sounds extremely cringey no offense
#17  March 15, 2016, 02:54:41 pm
    • Spain
In this case I will use serious texts...
And probably I will use some meme like the reaction of someone...
#18  March 15, 2016, 03:08:30 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Its cool you are going to try this. I will try to help you if a) you show you will listen to my advice and b) you manage to finish a review and post it.
#19  March 15, 2016, 03:13:05 pm
    • Spain
Oh don´t worry I´m trying to listen your advice but I still think I will use some short video about the attacks moves.

Edit: Currently, I´m editing a new character and I will upload a review video if I have enough knowledge for making a review and probably after end up my new edit and currently I need a character for one of my review videos in anther thread.

Edit2: Ops, sorry Umezono, I think I will make a review video in a future because I have a youtube channel and I understand you think is maybe a bad idea...But I like upload my opinions in my site, I have Sony Vegas and I can stop a video frame for analyze a collision box for example and in my videos description I can separate the parts of my videos for watching better my review.
Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:18:58 pm by masterhand128
#20  March 15, 2016, 06:23:09 pm
    • Spain
UPDATE:

Hello guys I was practicing my review and now I´m reviewing two bad punching bags because is more simple, What do you think? :)

Here is my review:

Gonzalo Torchía The Loser Crybaby by Tiger Forever and Kyubey by Musimu.

Download Link of Gonzalo Torchía: https://www.mediafire.com/?uccn9nxuopqpe7o

Download link of Kyubey: http://BLACKLISTED WEBSITE.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=16415

For some people knows who is Tiger Forever he is one of Trextrex65´s best friend and unfortunately this troll made a bad punching bag of Gonzalo Torchía, a youtuber knows for making mugen videos...
And here is Kyubey the most hated character of Puella Magi series...She(or he?) is an another punching bag.

But hey, What connection has between Gonzalo and Kyubey?
The answer is simple, THEY HAVE A SET OF PROBLEMS IN COMMON:

-Their Gameplay are boring, obviously they are punching bags.

-Their hitboxes are not very good.

-Their death sounds are not sense, kyubey is like she(or he, again?) is speaking something in Japanese and prepare to hear the Gonzalo Torchía´s crybaby death cry.

-Both characters has sprites problems for example, Gonzalo Torchía doesn´t have any "sprites" for the animations values: 5070, 5080, 5120, 5200 and 5210. Kiubey has better sprites than Gonzalo but the problem her(OR HIS?) sprites poses are inadequate.

See the kyubey´s problem:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And gonzalo problems:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But Gonzalo has more problems than Kyubey:

-His hurt crybaby sounds are incredibly annoying(Prepare you hears) but kyubey doesn´t have hurt sounds.

-Gonzalo should have one palette color and not three, Kyubey doesn´t have this problem.

-Reality, Gonzalo is an edit of Barney by Jay_High19 and Tiger Forever doesn´t care to give credit him, in this case, Gonzalo is a STOLEN EDIT, Kyubey was made  from scratch.

And here is my notification for these characters.

-Gonzalo Torchía: 0/5, excelent Mr.Tiger Forever you made an unnecessary and badly punching bag vesion of Gonzalo(with stupid insults), and you should give credit his original creator.

-Kyubey: 1/5, Good sprites! But I think she(or he?) needs a lot of improvements.

But anayways these characters are...

AN EPIC FAIL!

Note: I will make a video version.