YesNoOk

Yamcha (Read 546893 times)

Started by xxxx, November 20, 2016, 11:35:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Yamcha
#321  August 09, 2017, 08:16:31 am
  • "THE WORLD"
Damn your skill to make animations is to god damn  perfect you are insane, congratulation
#322  August 10, 2017, 12:33:56 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
thanks guys!
I forgot who reccomended me this, but they said that it could be used as an attack when yamcha gets up, so I rolled with it
#323  August 11, 2017, 12:39:38 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

and it looks good
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#324  August 11, 2017, 04:06:17 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Wow, that's pretty ambitious!  Nice custom detail!

#325  September 21, 2017, 03:37:43 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
yamcha is coming along nicely , I can safely say by now that he is atleast 30% done , the % would be higher if the wff weren't over 30 frames each lol

the grey scale method is fun, I have alot of animations of him like this waiting to be tweaked and finished :D
#326  September 21, 2017, 06:11:57 am
  • Not for sale
Beautiful animation, as always.  Can't wait to see more.
#327  September 21, 2017, 08:59:16 am
Indeed, very beautiful animation. Very ProLike :)
#328  September 22, 2017, 02:20:42 pm
  • Was it something I said?
There should be an intro where he has a personal vendetta against Saibamen. Really awesome looking sprites, by the way.
#329  September 22, 2017, 02:56:51 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
I think an intro againts dr gero (if theres ever one) would be cooler, but yeah theres something planned on that
#330  September 22, 2017, 03:19:16 pm
You are doing justice man. The results are Great.

What about an intro where Yamcha fights against Gravity?

#331  September 22, 2017, 06:52:13 pm
How would you be able to represent that?

Draw him in the capsule machine, trying to touch a button, nearly dead from the pressure, he manages to touch it and exit from there, all tired; and after all that he starts fighting like nothing happened? Don't you think it's a bad idea? It's too long too!

It's a bad idea even for a winpose or a lose pose.
#332  September 23, 2017, 04:54:34 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
A super! He does an impressive-looking aerial combo, then hits the opponent into the ground. Then the camera changes to someone offscreen changing the gravity and Yamcha slams into the opponent that way instead of doing a finisher attack into the opponent. After which the offscreen person is like "oops" and resets the gravity to normal.

J/k even that is a horrible idea
#333  September 23, 2017, 05:35:08 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
if anything it could be him just training normally then teleporting to the fight or something, dunno, theres not much use to that scene
#334  September 23, 2017, 05:56:30 am
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Only timeover animation I could hypothetically think of would be just having him turning around (back toward the the opponent/camera) and looking over his shoulder with a somewhat pissed off face, as if saying something like "Tch, whatever!".
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#335  September 23, 2017, 05:57:55 am
  • Quack
Well, that scene might not be useful, but you could totally have him arrive on some "liberated" capsule corp tech
Quack
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:47:13 am by theroyalrabite
#336  September 23, 2017, 07:34:21 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
if anything it could be him just training normally then teleporting to the fight or something, dunno, theres not much use to that scene
He doesn't instant transmission tho, and it would clash with the other character's intro. He could just do a training intro right there.

Only timeover animation I could hypothetically think of would be just having him turning around (back toward the the opponent/camera) and looking over his shoulder with a somewhat pissed off face, as if saying something like "Tch, whatever!".
In terms of his DB appearance (and most of whenever he showed up in Z), it would be more in-character for him to be like comically going "oh man!"

EDIT:

Or 3:16 minus him grabbing his crotch in pain
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:46:22 am by Jango
#337  September 23, 2017, 12:29:28 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Yamcha is awesome. I don't want him to look like a joke.  Make Yamcha great again!

Yamcha has always had a confidence about him. He knows when he is out matched, but this is MUGEN where everyone has a shot at winning.

I would like to see Yamcha ride in on his desert flyer with Puar driving. Then jump off into battle.
Like in his first Dragon Ball appearance.

For an exit he can throw down a dino capsule down and jump on another vehicle to leave. Or whistle for Puar to drive him away.

For wins he can throw a dino capsules down at his feet, and when the smoke clears he can be in one of the outfits he has wore in the series.

Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:38:37 pm by Alpha Proto
#338  September 23, 2017, 06:49:24 pm
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
He doesn't instant transmission tho, and it would clash with the other character's intro. He could just do a training intro right there.

Maybe just have a gravity chamber just sitting there, with it rumbling and violently shaking, with sounds of Yamcha training (grunts, yells, etc), and then just having the thing explode?

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#339  September 23, 2017, 08:59:14 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

I'm pretty sure everyone will agree with me when I say, Mugen NEEDS this!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#340  September 23, 2017, 09:14:17 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
@Alpha Proto:

Yamcha is awesome. I don't want him to look like a joke.  Make Yamcha great again!

Yamcha has always had a confidence about him. He knows when he is out matched, but this is MUGEN where everyone has a shot at winning.

He... kinda is a joke in Dragonball. For example, in his debut, he had a knack for freaking out around girls because he's very socially inept. In DBZ, his role was basically "dude that gets beat up or killed to make someone else rage and get really strong." And this is coming from the dude that is coding Krillin in HDBZ and previously coded Mr. Satan.

Speaking of Mr. Satan, there's no doubt he is super confident in his strength and as a major Earth celebrity, but no one would say he's particularly competent at anything except for... well indirectly helping other dudes save the day

EDIT: The point of all this is that ignoring some of the humor and stupidness all the charactere have done is ignoring a huge part of what makes Dragonball be... well, Dragonball.

Also @Odb718: hell yes
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:18:25 pm by Jango