YesNoOk

Aya's sprites and stuff (Read 23149 times)

Started by Ayaiken, May 07, 2014, 03:43:53 am
Re: Aya's sprites and stuff
#81  July 27, 2014, 01:43:03 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Oh my god... the animation is smooth!
Current Status: N/A
#82  July 27, 2014, 02:55:14 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
lovely animation
#83  July 27, 2014, 04:55:30 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Ah yeah, I think that can be fixed in the spriting progress btw somebody can tell me the standar MvC move set ? I don't really know so much about that stuff

Standard characters use super jump, a launcher (a set of sprites to launch someone into the air) 3 kicks, 3 punches (light, medium, heavy) and I think that is it. The rest of the movelist is up to you and your creativity. Referencing some smash games for animations and moves is great too.

Chilling
#84  July 27, 2014, 05:01:41 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
Ah yeah, I think that can be fixed in the spriting progress btw somebody can tell me the standar MvC move set ? I don't really know so much about that stuff

Standard characters use super jump, a launcher (a set of sprites to launch someone into the air) 3 kicks, 3 punches (light, medium, heavy) and I think that is it. The rest of the movelist is up to you and your creativity. Referencing some smash games for animations and moves is great too.

Yeah and I need to create a cool special effect for the falcon punch
#85  July 27, 2014, 05:26:19 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
that be pretty cool good luck with it
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#86  July 27, 2014, 05:30:24 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
#87  July 27, 2014, 08:45:08 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
Having problems with colors.

Anybody knows something about a fast coloring process ? I'm using kiwi's tutorials but I just can't get the colors right.
#88  July 28, 2014, 11:42:07 pm
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
Here, some old JUS styled sprites for a Smash flash game type I still want to finish this and other characters.

#89  July 29, 2014, 12:06:02 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#90  July 29, 2014, 01:32:13 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
#91  July 29, 2014, 03:49:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
assuming 4 tones of the same colour:  rs go up to down, first paint with the clearest tone until you get to the shaded area, then use the 2nd darkest/third clearer tone for the shaded area, in the last pixel of the shaded are use the darkest tone. then go back and use the 2nd clearest tone for the top outline and to antia alian (slightly) the shaded adn the clearest area.
#92  July 30, 2014, 02:08:36 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
assuming 4 tones of the same colour:  rs go up to down, first paint with the clearest tone until you get to the shaded area, then use the 2nd darkest/third clearer tone for the shaded area, in the last pixel of the shaded are use the darkest tone. then go back and use the 2nd clearest tone for the top outline and to antia alian (slightly) the shaded adn the clearest area.

Thanks !! I will try it out

also, here !!

you guys like the colors ? you guys can help by creating another pallet if you donĀ“t like this one.
#93  July 30, 2014, 02:12:44 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome really like what you did and the color arent that bad
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#94  July 30, 2014, 03:04:54 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I really like the sprite, the shading on it is very spot on. My only nitpick is that he has too many colors for a CPS2 sprite. Looking at it, it seems to have 24 colors or so, while CPS2 sprites go for a limit of 16 colors (15 + background/transparency).

Shit
#95  August 09, 2014, 05:06:56 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
I don't know if it's the style or I'm so damn slow ... I guess the second one but this take so much time. This is  my first time trying this method and I want to know how long it takes to you guys to finish one frame ? To me it takes 1 or 2 hours.

The animation so far

4/11 frames finished

#96  August 09, 2014, 06:59:08 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Well, I'm not nearly as accomplished of a spriter as you or many others, but for me, a single frame (depending on the difficulty of said sprite) takes me anywhere from 7 hours or more (split up of course between days. Usually between 30 minutes to an hour each day). Of course, I've never done animations myself but...you're still much faster than I am by far so that's something eh? ^^;
#97  August 09, 2014, 11:00:29 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
 1 to 2 hours?! :o

Dude, that's Hella fast compared to a lot of spriters here! Btw, where do get your references for attacks and standing animations? I've started using TFG.
#98  August 09, 2014, 12:33:39 pm
I've tried this method on my SvC/KoF Dudley stance (I still have to finish it >_<) and it takes a lot of time doing each frame. But you can do like this:
- shoes for every frame,
- clothes for every frame,
- hands for every frame,
etc. .

In other words, do each thing separately for every frame. It may not be the best method for fast spriting, but it helps for consistency (you can avoid jumping shading for instance, which is what I'm seeing in the legs, but I know you're going to fix that :)).
#99  August 09, 2014, 07:30:42 pm
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
Well, I'm not nearly as accomplished of a spriter as you or many others, but for me, a single frame (depending on the difficulty of said sprite) takes me anywhere from 7 hours or more (split up of course between days. Usually between 30 minutes to an hour each day). Of course, I've never done animations myself but...you're still much faster than I am by far so that's something eh? ^^;

I asked fehlo the same question and he say like 20 or 40 minutes per frame :( maybe I misunderstood the answer or something.

1 to 2 hours?! :o

Dude, that's Hella fast compared to a lot of spriters here! Btw, where do get your references for attacks and standing animations? I've started using TFG.

I'm using brawlbox to visualize every move, it's easy to use but it's only for brawl models

I've tried this method on my SvC/KoF Dudley stance (I still have to finish it >_<) and it takes a lot of time doing each frame. But you can do like this:
- shoes for every frame,
- clothes for every frame,
- hands for every frame,
etc. .

In other words, do each thing separately for every frame. It may not be the best method for fast spriting, but it helps for consistency (you can avoid jumping shading for instance, which is what I'm seeing in the legs, but I know you're going to fix that :)).

I was doing the same thing. Copying and pasting all the static parts and then fixing the movement ... I guess patience is a virtue.

#100  August 20, 2014, 06:26:20 am
  • Pixels
    • Mexico
    • z_eroark@hotmail.com
    • Skype - Ayaiken
It have been a long time since the last update but you know school and work btw I'm going to put cap. falcon on a hold since I want to focur on my own characters, so, here ... a WIP

based on makoto's air mk