Decisions v2 (Read 418278 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:42:32 pm
Re: Decisions v2
#601  January 29, 2013, 01:32:16 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Censorship? We're only spoilering the images, they're still allowed, they're just not immediately visible.
Perhaps censorship is the wrong word, but I still don't like it!

If the debate has to go on this long, then the images should just be spoilered because that's the safest thing to do and no one -- AT ALL-- is hurt.
I'm fine with that I guess, but I'm still against it at the same time.

Somehow. :|
#602  January 29, 2013, 06:41:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Stop it JMM, you're wrong. If it should not be seen by someone underage it gets NSFW and a spoiler. The warning messages are silly, just NSFW would be fine.

This isn't something we should argue about for hours. You're leaving up nudity or whatever while you argue about what to do.

Spoiler it FIRST, then argue if the spoiler should remain. You're all grown ups. You're in the role you're in because Iced and Val expect you to be able to take a bit of initiative when something like this comes up.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#603  January 29, 2013, 11:11:11 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Just wanted to get a general consensus before I started acting. I didn't want to undermine anyone's opinion on this and make it seem like I'm gonna start overstepping mods and deciding things on my own now. Our policy on 'how nsfw does something have to be to be nsfw' needed to be debated, especially after Iced posted this:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1706964

So yeah, once again, this is all Iced's fault!...I'm joking, can't blame everything on him forever, you know. Sorry Iced. :P

No? What?

Sure, they're known to have absued the report section, but that doesn't mean their reports should be dismissed entirely.

Fair enough, I didn't mean to imply anything I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the issue. You posted that post in warnings about wanting to ban Celest right after he did that report.
#604  January 29, 2013, 07:38:39 pm
    • USA
Stop it JMM, you're wrong.
Well it had ended over 4 hours ago but uh sure OK. >..

This isn't something we should argue about for hours. You're leaving up nudity or whatever while you argue about what to do.
I didn't and still don't think that there is nudity there. If someone who did think so wanted to spoil it, I wouldn't have objected as long as we continued the conversation. Which is important, and the whole reason this topic exists and this section is visible.

You posted that post in warnings about wanting to ban Celest right after he did that report.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#605  January 29, 2013, 08:38:52 pm
    • Thailand
#606  January 29, 2013, 08:50:52 pm
    • USA
#607  January 29, 2013, 08:58:59 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I wasn't here 4 hours ago, i was at work. I am placing my thoughts on the idiocy of that discussion.

Caddie: You're an admin, just spoiler it, people can argue while there's NOT something nsfw in the main view rather than while there is.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#608  January 29, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
    • USA
I wasn't here 4 hours ago, i was at work. I am placing my thoughts on the idiocy of that discussion.
My quibble was with the "Stop it JMM", because everyone had already stopped. :P
#609  January 29, 2013, 09:10:28 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If someone reports something they feel is NSFW that is suggestive or shows a lot of skin/nudity then it's safer just to spoiler it. Unless it's just something really silly. If you could even kinda sorta see someone's view on something being NSFW, it wont hurt to spoiler it.

@ Rajaa: Would it be better to ask why the user made an alt account? Don't those normally just get merged by Iced?

For anyone that forgot I've got GMod powers for stickies and such. Iced told me to go ahead and chime in if I had a point of view on issues in staff as well.
#610  January 29, 2013, 09:38:32 pm
    • USA
Random Select is down again, we still have those backups, right? Might want to put them on the front page or something.
#611  January 30, 2013, 08:18:05 am
    • Thailand
@ Rajaa: Would it be better to ask why the user made an alt account? Don't those normally just get merged by Iced?
That's why I posted. It's usually admins who deal with the alternate accounts. Only thing we can do is call the person out and/or ban them or delete one of the accounts.
#612  January 30, 2013, 08:20:47 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
It's fair enough to ban the one with the least amount of posts. Just not IP ban is the only rule there. If they have forgotten their pass that's what the forgot your password is for.

#613  January 30, 2013, 09:52:04 pm
    • USA
#614  January 30, 2013, 11:39:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#615  January 30, 2013, 11:42:01 pm
    • USA
OK, so we do still have them. So what about putting them on the frontpage or something? Or put a link somewhere, I dunno (here doesn't count)
#616  February 01, 2013, 12:50:30 am
    • Germany
#617  February 01, 2013, 01:06:53 am
    • USA
Well, we're basically hosting the entire page as it is. :-\
#618  February 01, 2013, 01:08:52 am
    • Germany
yeah but that's different than listing it on the front page like it was our own
#619  February 01, 2013, 01:45:55 am
    • USA
True, true. But there must be some way to preserve this stuff respectfully, mustn't there?
#620  February 01, 2013, 02:15:15 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。