YesNoOk

Edward Elric.....WHY IS THIS NOT A THING!?! (Read 12317 times)

Started by Girku, March 10, 2015, 12:59:18 am
Edward Elric.....WHY IS THIS NOT A THING!?!
#1  March 10, 2015, 12:59:18 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Seriously.. Why the hell has no one ever even attempted to make an Edward Elric in CvS or even SnK style sprites.. I mean damn.. As popular as FMA is you'd think the interwebz would be swarming with Full Metal Mugen characters.. but alas there are very little to none at all.. The fucks up with that? This needs to be a thing... I'd be willing to voice and help code the character.. Spriting; I'll try to pitch in as much as I can...Sadly, I'm not confident enough in my own spriting skills or else I'd do it my damn self.. But come on people.. Lets make an Ed!
Re: Edward Elric.....WHY IS THIS NOT A THING!?!
#2  March 10, 2015, 01:02:30 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I propose myself to remaster artworks of him for portraits. :)
#3  March 10, 2015, 01:15:22 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
Seriously.. Why the hell has no one ever even attempted to make an Edward Elric in CvS or even SnK style sprites.. I mean damn.. As popular as FMA is you'd think the interwebz would be swarming with Full Metal Mugen characters.. but alas there are very little to none at all.. The fucks up with that? This needs to be a thing... I'd be willing to voice and help code the character.. Spriting; I'll try to pitch in as much as I can...Sadly, I'm not confident enough in my own spriting skills or else I'd do it my damn self.. But come on people.. Lets make an Ed!

that's not gonna actually help with anything at all...
you're not even giving any strength to your claim why it needs to be a thing.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#4  March 10, 2015, 01:43:29 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I think it was almost "a thing". From what I understand, the character was commissioned by someone and never reached completion due to their funds running out.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you want something like Edward Elric just see if you can commission a sprite artist to make you one. Solved!
Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:49:02 am by ink
#5  March 10, 2015, 02:50:44 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA

that's not gonna actually help with anything at all...
you're not even giving any strength to your claim why it needs to be a thing.

I was just wondering why no one had even bothered to try yet is all.

@ink I saw that, tis a damn shame the ball was dropped..
#6  March 15, 2015, 10:56:15 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Spriting; I'll try to pitch in as much as I can...Sadly, I'm not confident enough in my own spriting skills or else I'd do it my damn self

This literally answers every possible permutation of the question "why hasn't X been made?". It's hard.
#7  March 16, 2015, 07:12:34 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
That much is true. Spriting is not an easy task, but main point of all this still holds valid. FMA is one of the most popular animes out there, its just surprising as hell that no one has even attempted to do something with it.
#8  March 16, 2015, 02:38:09 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Many have attempted. Just none of them finished :P
#9  March 16, 2015, 04:24:45 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
That much is true. Spriting is not an easy task, but main point of all this still holds valid. FMA is one of the most popular animes out there, its just surprising as hell that no one has even attempted to do something with it.

It's possible that it's not as popular amongst the people who do create characters and have that skill. For example, I wouldn't take the time to sprite an Edward Elric, but I'd create one because I have friends/brother who likes it. Usually the ones who can sprite really well, don't script characters for mugen. There are exceptions of course.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#10  March 16, 2015, 05:13:04 pm
Not a big fan of Edward, but i understand that making a char is not easy.
But a commission will do the trick, but it will cost a lot of money. A lot...
The anime self was okay.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#11  March 16, 2015, 06:34:30 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
It really wouldn't cost much, considering how much work actually goes into it and the prices sprite artists are charging around here. it's a steal!

#12  March 17, 2015, 03:07:12 pm
  • Bad Personal Text? Nah...Bad you!
    • Canada
FMA:Brotherhood is still my favourite anime of all time and the fact that there is no halfway good version of Ed is heartbreaking. I want to start learning spriting and when/if I had the skills I'd totally do this char. His alchemy just makes it so unique both visually and within his gameplay
#13  March 17, 2015, 06:06:36 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
Well as said before I'll contribute as much as I can
#14  March 26, 2015, 05:53:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It really wouldn't cost much, considering how much work actually goes into it and the prices sprite artists are charging around here. it's a steal!
yah, compared to stuff like creating real games, sheets here are a bargain.
#15  April 21, 2015, 06:12:39 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#16  April 21, 2015, 05:34:05 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA