YesNoOk

Suggestions for new options in mugen (Read 1167 times)

Started by kingofurface213, December 14, 2011, 04:26:26 am
Share this topic:
Suggestions for new options in mugen
#1  December 14, 2011, 04:26:26 am
I was thinking of starting this thread so that people could post their suggestions for mugen and then have a mod look at it if one was online.

I have 4 suggestions

1.Story mode you know the same old same old except this time people who make the games can make it so that when they pick a character they follow a path like direction where they only battle certain characters and can make those certain characters a dialog box and can have them say whatever in there and no matter how many times you do it when you pick that character it will still only battle those characters plus you can put some cutscenes before each match if you wanted to this way you can make up your own characters like your own naruto characters and make a story so you can understand how they ended up in that story and stuff.

2.Unlock system you know how in other games in game systems theres an unlock system like how you have to fulfill certain conditions like beat survival 20 times and stuff? why not mak ea system like that for mugen so that people can make it so that you can only unlock characters and not have all of them at the beginning.

3.Pause menu why dont you put in a program so that when your in a game and you press a certain key a pause menu comes up with 4 things on it Return to main menu, Return to character select,Move list,and Resume. You know like how you press it everything pause and i know some people out there was thinking this cause like you are playing a good mugen game and your into survival and you've done like fifty matches already and then your mom calls you and you lose your streak? and a pause menu PLZ!

4. Multiplayer option why dont you make a option in the main menu the Multiplayer where you can fight other people online and you know play with other people other than AI's and in it theres a store where you can buy other peoples mugen creations and a free to play player can only have 20 characters bought from store and premium members can have unlimited also the matches when you create one you put the mugen games you created/have in a certain folder and you can select from a drop down menu and you can play mugen games you didnt were out there and stuff and this way people can test their games and there can be up to 8 people in a match where it can be 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 and you can also make some places "solid" so that players can walk on it and the camera only follows you. You can also add a ranking system and stuff. Also if you dont have premium you can only select 3 games to put into the folder to play if its premium then it can have up to 50 games in it. Also how about you make your own system for your credits. Like you can make quests and stuff like beat 20 naruto amateur games for 1000 credits and you can also classify games into types like Naruto,Bleach,One Piece, and Other. and you can have credz as your credits and Mugen Points as your premium points you know like buy things cheaper with Mugen Points and stuff.

heres what i though for the payments of premium
if its monthly then like 2$ to 3$ a month to keep premium
if its every 3 months then its 5$ to 6$ a month
If its yearly i know it may seem overpriced but feel free to change it i would go for 20$ for yearly

sooo these are my ideas
Re: Suggestions for new options in mugen
#2  December 14, 2011, 04:46:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I'm going to be nice and not ridicule this. I will ask everyone else not to do the same.

You're not the first person to suggest these things, there are a number of reasons holding them back. First is that this isn't actually elecbyte and we have no control over the engine, especially not to this level. The other is that elecbyte both haven't and will not release the source code so we can't change it anyway.

1: Yes we'd all like this. You can do it in a full game environment with a front end (see the black heart by Borghi)
2: You can sorta do this with passwords for zip files. Not the best solution
3: Aside from esc which takes you back to select and the main menu in the same or less presses and the pause key which pauses it. The only one that holds merit is the in game move list. These can be coded by you if needed but including it in the game is really pretty difficult with the number of variables involved. Elecbyte could probably graphically list the CMD, thye couldn't include CNS managed cancels or how the commands strung together.

4: Ugh, we have a topic please read it

Lastly, pay. No, not ever. Mugen needs to remain free if it wants to avoid the potential pitfalls from big industry deciding we're breaching copyright. As soon as there is any whiff of what we do being profit based it becomes a problem. Free, staying free. Elecbyte could charge for the engine but paying for anything else either use or content will cause an issue.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  December 14, 2011, 03:44:30 pm
well with someone who know's the mugen system from the insideout could do somthing about this but you would be changing a whole diffirent version of mugen. i can tell you if someone now made that happen than it would be private. posting something like this would get them in trouble by the creators of the mugen system. asked of permission by elecbyte if its ok to change the system. who knows what next verson elecbyte would put in the next mugen version. you see mugen is still in the progress of getting those things you requested because you are not the only persion asking for theis to be in mugen. i reccomand that if you are very serieos about this than practice changing mugen around with system coding with a team and see if you can give permision by elecbyte to join them to have the next development on the next mugen or you can just wait for more updates on next mugen updates the choice is yours  ;D
#4  December 14, 2011, 11:35:53 pm
thank you guys for telling me i didnt even know about any of this truth is im only 14 so i just thought they ran out of ideas but seeing you guys explain it i can see why it would be difficult for anyone to do the things i suggested so thank you for telling me i will practice coding and try to help the team as i get better and gain more experience thank you
#5  December 15, 2011, 01:20:14 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah