YesNoOk

RPG/Sidescrolling with Mugen? (Read 3720 times)

Started by Jerryg7rk3w, March 10, 2009, 05:52:36 pm
Share this topic:
RPG/Sidescrolling with Mugen?
#1  March 10, 2009, 05:52:36 pm
I love the way mugen looks compared to gamemaker but don't think it has the capabilities that i need such as an option to take an RPG style game and implement mugen into its battles.
For examle you could battle like you normally would or you could call out an opponent and fight him one on one or the whole group using the mugen engine capabilities, this would be awesome.

My last thought to this is it would be awesome to add mugen into a sidescroller  such as a megaman style sidescroller but with all the awesome fighting capabilities that the mugen engine could offer; is anyone of these two ideas possible with mugen, or would you have to some how mix two or three engines together to get what i want???
Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:59:55 pm by Jerryg7rk3w
Re: RPG/Sidescrolling with Mugen?
#2  March 10, 2009, 06:19:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
some guys have mixed the mugen engine with rpg maker, though I don't know the specifics, much less remember who.
Re: RPG/Sidescrolling with Mugen?
#3  March 10, 2009, 06:20:30 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I love the way mugen looks compared to gamemaker but don't think it has the capabilities that i need such as an option to take an RPG style game and implement mugen into its battles.
For examle you could battle like you normally would or you could call out an opponent and fight him one on one or the whole group using the mugen engine capabilities, this would be awesome.

I know it could definitely emulate the battle system. As far as an overworld or menus, thats a different story. Hell, theoretically it should be possible to implement the Pokemon battle engine to MUGEN, using a total of 6 variables for each of the stats. Of course this only works in a fullgame environment.

My last thought to this is it would be awesome to add mugen into a sidescroller  such as a megaman style sidescroller but with all the awesome fighting capabilities that the mugen engine could offer; is anyone of these two ideas possible with mugen, or would you have to some how mix two or three engines together to get what i want???

It's been done. Check Bane84's Mario Bros World 1-1 and Contra stages, and P.o.t.S.'s Sky Zone bonus from Sonic 2.