YesNoOk

Shen Woo (Read 62723 times)

Started by ultimatedude, August 23, 2007, 03:42:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [W.I.P] Shen Woo
#21  August 25, 2007, 01:51:37 am
Actually if I were you, I'd throw in some original stuff as well, because there's been good Shen Woo conversions already since forever. I doubt your Shen Woo would take the place of Vans', Jin's or Nao's in anyone's roster if you are complete beginner at making KOF characters.

My advice is to look through a good Shen Woo, look at what they did with everything, what it feels like, what its supposed to be like. Then go to your Shen Woo and make it feel and look the same.

Still... you have to play KOF itself some time.
#22  August 25, 2007, 01:55:47 am
  • Muay Thai drunk?
oh man, a shoop da whoop why didn't i think fo that?
#23  August 25, 2007, 02:12:42 pm
Don't you think it is generally a better idea to create a character which is more familiar to you? It takes a lot of time and practice before you are able to make up your own fighting system. Years and years of constantly playing all sorts of fightings (for example, Don Drago has such experience which resulted in his own invented Drago groove). Without any knowledge of a particular game will you be able to create something decent? Not to say there are already 3 or 4 Shen Woos created for MUGEN. Have you played them and didn't find them good enough for you? Anyway, if you like Shen Woo so much, it will be only natural if you have played KOF 2003. And there are no obstacles to do so.
http://romhustler.net/

And one more thing. Creating a character is a very long process. It takes a lot of time and effort. Of course if you are aiming at a decent quality. If you are not aiming for quality, then I should at least say that you won't get any praise in the end.

Well, Its not that I like Shen Woo, its that, i went on sdb and found the sheet, and I thought he looked cool, so I decided to code him XD (may be a n00b way of finding something to code but meh). And, I thought they were nearly no Shen Woos for MUGEN, i only found Mugenchinas one or something, but i couldnt open it, it was a .pal, and im not sure what that is XD

and  guess I will use the KOF system, cuz yeah, making a new style is hard.

No Borders, No Nations
#24  August 25, 2007, 02:52:46 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."

^^

#25  August 25, 2007, 05:51:15 pm
#26  August 25, 2007, 06:37:53 pm
#27  August 25, 2007, 07:44:12 pm
Oh, i dont realy care anyway, but, one of the main things i see wrong is that I made the moves too slow

No Borders, No Nations
#28  August 26, 2007, 09:00:07 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Ultimate.... You need to go through with an idea Vans and I had.

DRUNK SHEN
#29  August 26, 2007, 11:27:18 am
#30  August 26, 2007, 01:56:49 pm

No Borders, No Nations