YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 3071820 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:

GLB

Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#1501  October 30, 2011, 08:23:17 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Welcome to Mugenguild.  :)
#1502  October 30, 2011, 06:30:23 pm

yo mugeners!!

the name is Choco.. fighting games community manger in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (UAE).. been a fan of mugen for years but everytime i try to get into it.. i fail.. dunno where to start.. what version to use.. etc

i wanna get my community playin high level play of mugen.. get some tourneys..

so where do i start.. what version should i get.. for best high level play and HD quality resolution..

hit me up!!
#1503  October 31, 2011, 02:54:40 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
hello and welcome!

you only need one link to start: http://elecbyte.com/ 

then, here at Mugen Fighters Guild forum, you can find basically anything (characters, stages, screenpacks, etc...) by searching, requesting (in the Request Section) or if you need any help with configurations or whatnot you can ask in the Help Section

make sure to read the various tutorials on how to create things mugen related, so that you can eventually start working on your own stuff :)

have fun
#1504  October 31, 2011, 07:41:39 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Howdy. I'm trying to put together a fallout based roster of resprites with custom specials along with a website I'm a founder of. Hoping to learn alot here.

that sounds interesting
#1505  November 03, 2011, 04:12:04 am
  • That's right. Get all the marmalade Mr. Giraffe

yo mugeners!!

the name is Choco.. fighting games community manger in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (UAE).. been a fan of mugen for years but everytime i try to get into it.. i fail.. dunno where to start.. what version to use.. etc

i wanna get my community playin high level play of mugen.. get some tourneys..

so where do i start.. what version should i get.. for best high level play and HD quality resolution..

hit me up!!

Well hope this is your big break then. Enjoy your time here friend and see what you can make out of it!
#1506  November 06, 2011, 06:59:22 pm
  • I've got a lot to learn!
Hey everyone. I've finally managed to jump on to this great project tool. I plan to learn, create, share many experiences here.
Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks.

-CHALLENGER
Loser pays, Winner stays!

Current project: Street Fighter 1 REDUX

GLB

#1507  November 06, 2011, 10:25:44 pm
Welcome to MFG, enjoy your stay.
Re: Introduction Thread
#1508  November 11, 2011, 04:46:59 pm
  • Smash anyone, anything, who gets in your way!
    • France
(I posted this in the wrong section, so re-posting here :) )

Hi everyone, my names Andy, and i have been a MUGEN fan for sometime now, i am currently working on my own project atm, alough i am totally clueless about making characters and how to animate your own sprites and moves, ive figured out how to make your own character list, selection screen and music into the game 

Ive never tried anything like this before and i am still finding it hard to figure things out, like making my own title screen and naming it with start music is a bit of a nightmare for me atm, and importing custom life bars, or ones i find on the net

I am 24 and have a family of 3 kids, and im married (so no rest for the wicked) i have lots of gaming experience as I loved streetfighter and Mortal Kombat when i was a kid (and still do), big marvel fan and dc comic fan so having some of the characters in my mugen game atm is awesome, here is a list of characters i have atm.

AngelRyu
HolyKen
EvilRyu
EvilKen
Akuma
Spiderman
Wonderwoman
Superman
Hulk
The Thing
Ghostrider
Ryu from SFA3 series
Ken from SFA3 Series
Evil Dan
ChunLi
Sagat
Dr Doom
Homer
Kursty
Peter Griffien
Cody
Superboy
Reptile
Sub-Zero
Lui Kang
Scorpion
Thor
Carnage
Teen Gohan
Trunks
3D Vegita
3D Gogeta
Yamcha
Warmachine
Ironman
Captain America
Another Kung Fu man
Master Fei Long
Tifa Lockheart
Rouge
Storm
Cyclops
Juggernaut
Wolverine
Magneto

That is my entire rosta :)

Anyway any tips or helpful hints in the right direction would be most appreciated, and my Mugen Game is called Battle For The Universe. (dunno if its taken, either that or Beyond The Art Of Fighting).

Dunno if anyone can help, but im eager to learn and hopefully produce a top quality fighter for us all to share

or if anyone knows any top quality websites to look at for mugen stuff be appreacited :) (only found this forum the most helpful one on the net)

Peace

Nice to meet you Andy^^ Your character list is amazing and if I can borrow one of those characters it will be great. I'm starting a project, and I need some characters... For example: your 3D Vegita, Trunks, teen Gohan (if you have Gohan ssj2, it's perfect^^) and that's all. I'm interested by your game too, so could you send me a download link please? I love 2D Battle games so...

Tortwag
Ruling the world is just one checkpoint in my path!
#1509  November 12, 2011, 08:54:21 pm
  • Q
  • Mystery Man
<insert generic greeting message here>
Well met, MFG! I'm SolReaper93, but you can call me Sol or hell, even Travis. I've been in and out of MUGEN for the past 3~5 years and I like building up my roster with much many characters. I primarily use the EvE Battle screenpack + SF3:3S or Guilty Gear <something> lifebars, and I'm fairly a noob with all the settings and stuff I can use and change. I've never created a character in my life, but I have an idea I'd really like to see come to life. MUGEN, it seems, is the only way that can happen, and even though I based this character off of Super Street Fighter IV's "backstory", I'd like for him to be an independent, standalone character at some point. I really suck at spriting, so this idea may never hit the streets, but a man can dream, eh?

Profile said:
Bio
Name - Vance O'Connor
Fighting Style - Irish Brawling with elemental attacks integrated. Tends to utilize quick combination attacks rather than sheer power, but this trend is abolished with his ultras.
Appearance - Average height, fairly lean musculature. White tanktop undershirt tucked into somewhat baggy camo pants with black combat boots that have a single metal plate over the toes. Wears a simple black jacket with gray trim and white accents, and wears black fingerless leather gloves. Long, sleek red hair tied back in a sharp ponytail, and a soul patch beard with a long moustache hanging around either side of it.
Backstory - Vance was once a part of the IRA, recruited for his Ki mastery and elemental prowess, but was captured by S.I.N. There, he was experimented upon by Seth and the other scientists as part of Seth's data gathering for the BLECE project. The experiment was unsuccessful, and Vance broke free of Seth's capture and has since dedicated his life to bettering his abilities, leaving the IRA in the process. However, he soon returned to his homeland to begin honing his special form of Irish brawling, keeping his elemental powers in mind. The experiments, however, left his arms and legs horribly scarred, and he wears gloves to cover up the gruesome sight. As soon as word reached him about the latest Street Fighter tournament, he took this opportunity to hunt down Seth and crush S.I.N from existence, as well as the entire Shadaloo operation.
Theme - Needs an originally composed theme, but for now let's use this
Entrance - Free-falls from a helicopter as if skydiving, but instead hurtles toward the earth at insane velocities. Angles his body and barrel rolls into a standing position to avoid impact damage.

Stats - Based on a 20-point system
Strength - 6
Speed - 7
Dexterity - 7

Moves
Specials
 - Iron Strike combo: Right hook into left uppercut finishing in a whirlwind knuckle similar to Zangief's double lariat. The uppercut and whirlwind knuckle can be exchanged independently for, respectfully, a sweeping kick and a rising whirlwind kick similar to the Tatsumaki Gorasen.
 - Flaming Scythe combo: Reverse roundhouse heel kick into a midair wheel kick finishing with a flipping heel kick that catches the opponent's chin and brings them vertically into the ground. Also his boot is on fire while the finisher is in effect.
 - Dash Upper: (Three variations, if this were Street Fighter, for Light Punch, Medium Punch, and Hard Punch)
    o LP: Dash forward into a whirlwind uppercut similar to the third strike from Dudley's Rocket Upper, only spinning much faster.
    o MP: Same as LP, only Vance dashes around the opponent and uppercuts from behind.
    o HP: Same as MP, only his uppercut is empowered with lightning and bypasses the spinning completely for an instant rising uppercut.
 - Quickdash: Dashes faster than light for a short distance. Similar to Ibuki's Illusion dash but the Quickdash can be followed up with an uppercut.
Super
 - Force Driver: Dashes straight through an opponent and unleashes a barrage of quick punches from behind, finishing with an uppercut that launches the opponent into the air.
Ultra I
 - Thunderforce Driver: Dashes straight through an opponent and delivers a crippling punch as he dashes, wheeling around and following up with a lightning-infused rising uppercut that hits multiple times a la Ken's Shinryuken.
Ultra II
 - Hellfire Scythes: (Counter Ultra; only activates if someone attacks him in his focused preparation stance) Counters an attack with a quick dodge and then a heavy kick to the side. He follows up with a reverse roundhouse heel kick that launches them into the air, and he jumps up after them, slamming his boot into their stomach before twisting in midair and performing a flipping heel kick that smashes into their chin, his boot igniting with flames as he does so, and spins them in several falling vertical wheels before finally slamming them face first into the ground with his boot as the fire extinguishes and he jumps back into his fighting stance.

Hopefully I can find some experienced spriters/character makers that can show me the ropes on how to bring this into being. I intend for Vance to be a completely original composition, rather than a palette swap or frankensprite, so again, this may just remain an idea. However, I would welcome and appreciate any assistance with this endeavor, and it's an honor to count myself  one of the Mugen Fighters' Guild. ^_^

GLB

#1510  November 12, 2011, 09:56:12 pm
Welcome to MFG!
#1511  November 13, 2011, 01:33:01 am
  • (Formerly ShinRyoga)
  • MtF Transgender
    • USA
I guess I'll reintroduce myself...even though I'm actually a returning member under a different account. (Sorry, I hope that isn't against the rules)

I'm a Mugen creator from the old days, having only made one full character jointly with a friend of mine...which actually ended up being pretty popular. I had grand dreams of creating other characters, but life became way too busy for me. On top of being married and working full time, I'd also come to terms with a 20-year bout of hidden depression and anxiety regarding something I was so afraid to tell anyone about...my gender dysphoria. As of 3 months ago, I'm doing MUCH better now...thanks being to God, as well as the most wonderful and understanding wife, family and friends anyone could ever ask for. :)

Anyway, I'm slowly phasing out my older username ( $hinRyoga ) as I come out to more and more people in my life. I'm still way too busy to create sprites, but it's nice to be somewhat back in the community again. I've missed you guys...and I pray that life has been treating you well! ^_^
Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:18:54 pm by AilynnStarlight
#1512  November 13, 2011, 10:15:44 pm
  • Shhh...I'm thinking....
    • www.freewebs.com/gozartv/
I was banned, but now I'm back. Titilin, you can start your piss and moan campaign now, but back on topic. I was taking refuge in a nearby forum called mugencharacters, which is more famous for its' wide stock of chars in the database than its' forum. I was a major n00b when i first got here. I gained much forum experience, and realized that some comments weren't worth replying to. I also became a contributor on said site. And finally, for my most recent forum lesson, i learned of the common forum n00b that makes you do this:

This guy never looked into criticisms and mimicked my actions at first on mugenguild. He was called; Thecoming. He had multiple accounts and was a sad excuse for a human being.  He was banned within days. He constantly made comebacks and made fun of and mocked the super moderators. He was dealt with, and his encounter was the final push of me learning why i was banned here. So now that i am back, i intend to unleash good characters and answer questions. Well, that's me.
You're cursed.
#1513  November 13, 2011, 10:20:59 pm
  • much love to r. kelly
#1514  November 13, 2011, 10:27:37 pm
You're cursed.
#1515  November 13, 2011, 11:20:33 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
But I thought you liked being monkied around...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#1516  November 14, 2011, 01:38:15 am
You're cursed.
#1517  November 14, 2011, 10:13:49 pm
Oi, mate that's not what "haters gonna hate" means!  :-\
#1518  November 14, 2011, 11:37:28 pm
You're cursed.
#1519  November 15, 2011, 12:27:55 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
gozar, why don't you leave the Introduction Thread to introduction shit and keep private discussions out...

the thread keeps poping up for no good fucking reasons, thank you!
#1520  November 18, 2011, 02:48:28 am
I am Ecks Acksis and I discovered MUGEN yesterday. I make music and art, and I plan on creating characters once I've learned how.