Shredder WIP (Read 248137 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#541  July 05, 2012, 06:08:52 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Well... I like it.  The spikes are pretty shoddy, but it's better than I could ever do!

Of course, it's nowhere near as awesome as Dcat's stuff.

I'm very much a Mugen noob who can't identify the character bases for anything but the Capcom Marvel characters.  I beg you veterans to pardon my low standards and crass tastes in sprite art.
#542  July 05, 2012, 08:53:19 pm
    • Germany
Well... I like it.  The spikes are pretty shoddy, but it's better than I could ever do!

I'm very much a Mugen noob who can't identify the character bases for anything but the Capcom Marvel characters.  I beg you veterans to pardon my low standards and crass tastes in sprite art.

It's ok if you are not good at creating sprites, many users of the community like me can't make good sprites also and talk like they are the "great overlord of sprite creation" or something like that, and it's ok too that you like the Shredder sprite, and you don't have to apologize for it.^^
The members of this community are sometimes a little eccentric about there favourite chars, so don't take it personally if there comments are somtimes a little harsh.
Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:05:58 pm by moep
#543  July 06, 2012, 07:26:31 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/

It's ok if you are not good at creating sprites, many users of the community like me can't make good sprites also and talk like they are the "great overlord of sprite creation" or something like that, and it's ok too that you like the Shredder sprite, and you don't have to apologize for it.^^
The members of this community are sometimes a little eccentric about there favourite chars, so don't take it personally if there comments are somtimes a little harsh.

Ha, thanks, moep!  It doesn't really bother me; I just try not to embarrass myself on this board with my fan-boy-ism.
#544  July 07, 2012, 04:11:38 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Back with another preview video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SURoKT6Mwc

This one shows the new running dash and back hop, crouching sweep kick, Shredder;s explosive throwing star attack and the basics for the Darkness Illusion super, I haven't added the fancy bells and whistles of superpauses or suoerbg's yet, hell it doesn't even deduct powerbar at the moment. I'll fix all of that, I swear, I  just wanted to give you all a general impression of what it'll look like at its base. The super inflicts 25 hits (one of which from hitting the clone), deals 336 damage and will cost  1/3 power meter to perform.
#545  July 07, 2012, 04:22:00 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wow Dcat. Shredder looks very badass. I can't wait to see what comes next.

You always have a way of making my day man. Awesome.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#546  July 07, 2012, 04:44:46 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Dcat, thank you very much.

I really appreciate the heart & dedication you put into your TMNT work. This looks fantastic!
#547  July 07, 2012, 05:24:56 pm
Looking good!  Got to see the helmet coming off as well in this video...looks perfect!
#548  July 07, 2012, 06:16:50 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Progress is looking great D.

Keep up the excellent work.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#549  July 07, 2012, 07:20:52 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
looks awesome dcat seriously can't wait for this. are you going to be adding more voice clips? grunts actual voice clips for supers stuff like that? I imagine so. but damn it looks impressive right now.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#550  July 07, 2012, 07:33:31 pm
    • Germany
It's funny how the Ninjastar hits Mikey's nose in the vid. xD

Nice update Dcat this first impression of the new stuff is great, even if it is not complete yet, don't rush it and take the time you need to complete it.
Btw will Shredder later be able to throw the star while he is jumping too, or only if he is standing?
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:59:42 pm by moep
#551  July 07, 2012, 08:02:19 pm
    • USA
Everything is looking very nice Dcat! Good luck with this!
#552  July 08, 2012, 04:08:38 am
  • Making stuff is hard
Inspirationally amazing.
#553  July 09, 2012, 06:17:14 am

Found this! maybe you could use it for something :P
Didn't notice this before, I won't be using it though.

looks awesome dcat seriously can't wait for this. are you going to be adding more voice clips? grunts actual voice clips for supers stuff like that? I imagine so. but damn it looks impressive right now.

Yeah I'll definitely need to add more to it when its finished. Like I said, this was just an early preview.

It's funny how the Ninjastar hits Mikey's nose in the vid. xD

Nice update Dcat this first impression of the new stuff is great, even if it is not complete yet, don't rush it and take the time you need to complete it.
Btw will Shredder later be able to throw the star while he is jumping too, or only if he is standing?

Might be a good idea, I was planning for the Foot Soldiers to have the midair shuriken though, we'll see.

Glad you guys like him so far, I'll keep you posted!

#554  July 09, 2012, 06:24:36 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
do u think when he's super shredder, would he be able to have a few attacks like fire on the floor, an anti-air ice attack, and the instant ko move where they turn into regular turtles, like in turtles in time, will u be able to do that, or have u already have?
#555  July 09, 2012, 07:27:23 am
Of Course!! Super Shredder mode will have all of those classic moves from the arcade games. Retro Mutagen blast won't instant kill though. I'm debating on whether or not to make the whole Turtles in Time "MY TOE" / Hopping on One foot  reaction into its own universal animation standard so that other characters besides the turtles can have that special reaction to the flame floor attack. I'll have to check to see which animation numbers aren't in general use and assign them to that.

A quick Google search is really convincing me that this is the way to go: http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=15254
#556  July 09, 2012, 07:29:56 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Of Course!! Super Shredder mode will have all of those classic moves from the arcade games. Retro Mutagen blast won't instant kill though. I'm debating on whether or not to make the whole Turtles in Time "MY TOE" / Hopping on One foot  reaction into its own universal animation standard so that other characters besides the turtles can have that special reaction to the flame floor attack. I'll have to check to see which animation numbers aren't in general use and assign them to that.

A quick Google search is really convincing me that this is the way to go: http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=15254
thanks, i'm really looking forward to that release
#557  July 09, 2012, 02:55:56 pm
Yeah, I think it would be cool if you added the whole "my toe, my toe" animation to bring the retro aspect all together because that was such a memorable part of the game.  Maybe have Shredder throw some little spikey (jack-like) ninja weapons (sorry I have no idea what they are called  :???:  I feel like he used this in the comics or something to delay the turtles chasing him and allowing him to escape) on the floor so it fits with the animation.  Also the link you posted had me laughing with Felicia doing the turtles "my toe" animation.  :sugoi:
Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:01:42 pm by Zingo
#558  July 09, 2012, 03:04:49 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
They're known as Caltrops Zingo.

Speaking of "Ninja Magic" and whatnot, I think Dcat should explore Ninja standards and trickery for Shredder. Smoke Bombs?? Traps?? Akido counter throws??  ;P

Shredder is a huge slate of Ninja Awesomeness. I can't wait to see what he cooks up next.

Dcat, have you thought of a Dragon Punch type move since he wields a sword?? It's cliche, but I had to ask.

And lastly, as a nod to his SNES "Cyber" incarnation, it would be hilarious to have some type of intro that pokes fun at a failed attempt for electrified gauntlets. Think something like when the Turtles get burned with those fire traps with witty dialogue. Just sayin.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:10:15 pm by Saikoro
#559  July 09, 2012, 08:43:35 pm
    • Germany
Might be a good idea, I was planning for the Foot Soldiers to have the midair shuriken though, we'll see.

How about to make it to some kind of defensiv move, not realy to deal damage but more to stop the enemy for a short time in critical situations.
Zantetsu a ninja char from the game Last blade has a move like this, here is a gif of it, maybe it will give you a little inspiration.^^

Speaking of "Ninja Magic" and whatnot, I think Dcat should explore Ninja standards and trickery for Shredder. Smoke Bombs?? Traps?? Akido counter throws??  ;P

Yea Shredder used in the Cartoon many dirty tricks, it would be cool if Dcat could add some more of them as long the char don't get to much of it.^^
It would be bad if the char becomes imbalanced because he gets to many moves. ö.ö
#560  July 10, 2012, 12:02:26 am
Yeah, I think it would be cool if you added the whole "my toe, my toe" animation to bring the retro aspect all together because that was such a memorable part of the game.  Maybe have Shredder throw some little spikey (jack-like) ninja weapons (sorry I have no idea what they are called  :???:  I feel like he used this in the comics or something to delay the turtles chasing him and allowing him to escape) on the floor so it fits with the animation.  Also the link you posted had me laughing with Felicia doing the turtles "my toe" animation.  :sugoi:

How about to make it to some kind of defensiv move, not realy to deal damage but more to stop the enemy for a short time in critical situations.
Zantetsu a ninja char from the game Last blade has a move like this, here is a gif of it, maybe it will give you a little inspiration.^^

Yea Shredder used in the Cartoon many dirty tricks, it would be cool if Dcat could add some more of them as long the char don't get to much of it.^^
It would be bad if the char becomes imbalanced because he gets to many moves. ö.ö

-Caltrops could be a good idea, I could see it being really cheap as well though, I'm not sure. Maybe if I had them hurt Shredder too it could make things a bit more fair. Or I could have the caltrops vanish quickly once they've been placed. Or only hit once...

-I was thinking the blinding powder could be a nice counter attack for Shredder, it could also give me a chance to implement the Blinded by Opponent Optional Animation standard and I could recreate the turtles' blinded sprites from TMNT 3 Manhattan Project! 

-Other ideas for counter attacks for the other strength buttons could be the cape evasion move I mentioned before or maybe an Akido back-breaker throw! The more that I think about it, I could combine some of the things we've been mentioning here maybe Cape teleportation + instant caltrop  trap could work. Or have the cape trick be randomized, like Lei-Lei's many projectiles? So its one attack with the same startup (Opponent attacks, Shredder vanishes behind a cape and then one of the random outcomes could play out). I could even call it rather simply & appropriately, "Dirty Trick" or something like that. It's food for thought...

Dcat, have you thought of a Dragon Punch type move since he wields a sword?? It's cliche, but I had to ask.

And lastly, as a nod to his SNES "Cyber" incarnation, it would be hilarious to have some type of intro that pokes fun at a failed attempt for electrified gauntlets. Think something like when the Turtles get burned with those fire traps with witty dialogue. Just sayin.

-I don't think I'll be including a dragon punch , closest thing I have to it is the upwards slash that ends the HP Deadly Strike special. But a standalone dragon punch type move does seem a bit cliche at this point.

-Great idea, I could sprite that as Shredder's burned / hit by flame sprite

I always appreciate the content suggestions guys, keep 'em coming.

Here's some new anims, I've been work-shopping ideas in FF seeing how they might play out.

Sprited Shredder's Midnight Bliss based off of Aska from Tournament Fighters, lapel on her gi was inspired by Tournament fighter's Karai, I think I could make this a more seamless blend of both and have her gi/jacket more closely resemble Karai's with actual sleeves or keep it sleeveless with those shoulderpads I dunno...

I did variations that each uses the color palette for the hair differently, the first uses Shredder's crown while the 2nd uses April's hair, which do y'all prefer? The quest to keep it sexy led me to keep most of Aska's design intact. Should I try my hand at spriting a true Karai or Bikini Shredder bliss instead?

Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:06:21 am by Dcat