YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248179 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#681  October 06, 2012, 01:10:38 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

UPDATE - 10/5/2012
====================
-Added Far hit properties to Standing Light Kick (Statedef 230) and Standing Medium Punch (Statedef 210)
-Added Standing Reverse Kick (Statedef 260)
-Can now chain Standing Heavy Kick (Statedef 250) into Crouching Sweep Kick (Statedef 450)
-Added RETROMUTAGEN Animation for Mousers / Robots
-Added RETROMUTAGEN Animation for Tokka
-Added RETROMUTAGEN Animation for BattleToads / Amphibians
-Added RETROMUTAGEN Animation for Cell (DBZ)

I've been busy expanding on a few of Shredder's normals. This reverse-kick could also work in line with Shredder's other feign-kicks it currently does 2 hits.

-Going to sprite and code in some combo finishers to prevent him from chaining together repeated normals. This will function similarly to the systm present in my Skate character to prevent cheapness.

-I'm thinking that the special kicks system could be relegated to QCF + Kick button commands since the hold forward or back + kick button can sometimes interfere with the throw commands for some testers.
#682  October 06, 2012, 02:09:14 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome man, keep up the hard work.
#683  October 06, 2012, 07:35:44 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Oh man, i wanna see the toads turned into tadpoles so bad, keep it up Dcat! :yippi:
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:12:56 pm by Noside
#684  October 07, 2012, 04:45:56 am
    • Germany
Nice update Dcat, but I have a small question.^^
If Shredder uses Retromutagen against Rocksteady and Bebop, will they turn into humans or into apes?
#685  October 07, 2012, 02:31:10 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Nice update Dcat, but I have a small question.^^
If Shredder uses Retromutagen against Rocksteady and Bebop, will they turn into humans or into apes?

Although I know it wouldn't be canon-accurate, I would love to see them turn into "pygmy" versions of themselves; tiny clothed warthog and rhino.  :-)
#686  October 09, 2012, 06:08:41 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
That reverse kick remind me a lot the one that Terry has on the latest Neo Geo King of Fighters, don't remember right now which one but indeed it looks great  :dio:
#687  October 11, 2012, 03:35:26 am

UPDATE - 10/10/2012
====================

-Added Compatibility with N-Mario's STreet Fighter 2 World Warrior M.Bison's AIR Winquote System
-Consolidated TMNT I ARCADE : APRIL'S APARTMENT Intro (Statedef 199) into a single state; deleted unnecessary helper state
-Added April O'Neil to the follow-up intro portion.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-The first bit of this intro is now all Left screen bound explods. I'm trying my best to have it display neatly regardless of resolution. PauseBG at the start stops any z.offset link stage motions that may disrupt the effect.

-I've added a bunch of what was missing from the Intro initially, even recreated April's panic fueled jitter pose from the game.
The smoke explods will be layered ontop of and beneath Shredder so the top layer animation will have a flickering effect as Shredder leaps through it.

-After the splash screen is displayed I've got some black letter-boxing transitions that lead to the next state where a tied April lobs a randomized plea at Shredder before the turtle opponent enters and she's hoisted up as the round begins. April remains offscreen (invisible) until the match is over.

-Next up is to get the April Helper to display properly and trigger when Shredder loses the match. Everything binds well so far so hopefully I can code this without causing too much of a headache for myself.
#688  October 11, 2012, 04:49:47 am
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Weren't that April O'Neil falling your avatar yesterday ? besides of that your work continue impressing us ( I know am the only one with that impression ) but anyway is she gonna be tied at the background like the second picture ?, if that's the case will she be released if Shredder is defeated ?
#689  October 11, 2012, 06:02:44 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Continue to impress and keep up the hard work.
#690  October 11, 2012, 06:04:18 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#691  October 11, 2012, 06:10:23 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
I love the dedication in your project Dcat!
#692  October 11, 2012, 07:56:51 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
poor April her falling animation looks like she broke her wrist lol. Hey Dcat are you making a small chibi like shredder too as show on thread 1?
Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:05:04 am by Fauxcry
#693  October 13, 2012, 01:13:24 pm
Great progress, that would be the best Shredder ever, keep it up! Looking forward to its first version to taste.
#694  October 13, 2012, 01:18:48 pm
    • USA

That April Panic animation really is nice, man.

-After the splash screen is displayed I've got some black letter-boxing transitions that lead to the next state where a tied April lobs a randomized plea at Shredder before the turtle opponent enters and she's hoisted up as the round begins.

A "plea" doesn't really seem like it would fit April's feisty personality in a moment like that.  Maybe a "taunt" or something would be more fitting?  :-)

#695  October 13, 2012, 02:43:19 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
WAIT, I have an idea on chibi shredder... altough it might piss people off.

Shredder is transformed into Ch'Rell from the 2003 cartoon. XD
#696  October 13, 2012, 06:44:09 pm

That April Panic animation really is nice, man.

-After the splash screen is displayed I've got some black letter-boxing transitions that lead to the next state where a tied April lobs a randomized plea at Shredder before the turtle opponent enters and she's hoisted up as the round begins.

A "plea" doesn't really seem like it would fit April's feisty personality in a moment like that.  Maybe a "taunt" or something would be more fitting?  :-)

Maybe my wording threw you off. She's got clips I ripped from the cartoon you can check them out yourself: LINK

Could be interesing, I might use this for other Shredder characters
#697  October 13, 2012, 08:45:59 pm
    • USA

Maybe my wording threw you off. She's got clips I ripped from the cartoon you can check them out yourself: LINK

Good call on the voice clips, dcat.

Also, I also think a Ch'rell reference would be pretty awesome!
#698  October 14, 2012, 02:00:13 am
    • Germany
-Added Compatibility with N-Mario's STreet Fighter 2 World Warrior M.Bison's AIR Winquote System

It's realy nice that you add more stuff to make your char compatible with so many differend Mugen Chars and Systems, but don't overdo it or you will never stop adding stuff too your char. ;D

It could be used against the regular Cyber Shredder, because the 2003 Shredder was a mechanical Shredder too and even later in the series he uses the name "Cyber Shredder" but was some kind of digital Shredder at this time if I remember it right.
#699  October 15, 2012, 04:20:03 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
It's been almost a year since my laptop died and I FINALLY get back onto the Internet to try and start on working on those Shredder Sprites you wanted me to work on....and holy crap. Drooling on Keyboa---djakwrnd3
#700  October 19, 2012, 06:56:06 am
  • You must be sexy to stand a chance!
Nice work dude, this shredder will be f@#$ing awesome!!