YesNoOk

QOTD (Read 3307786 times)

Started by Valodim, August 26, 2007, 08:25:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: QOTD
#16401  September 22, 2017, 02:27:09 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I was just a lurker back then who never posted crap and only downloaded crappy characters for compilations

You did not fully witness, let alone experience the full effects, then, my friend.

Even the stuff that went on behind the scenes is nothing compared to the MRev days. You think the "creator's rights" stuff was bad in the RandomSelect era? MRev was far more ridiculous, and was the entire reason the RS era was the way it was.

yeah it all snowballs together
#16402  September 28, 2017, 12:12:54 am
#16403  October 02, 2017, 11:27:06 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Statement by President Obama on the Shootings at Umpqua Community College, Roseburg, Oregon said:
But as I said just a few months ago, and I said a few months before that, and I said each time we see one of these mass shootings, our thoughts and prayers are not enough.  It’s not enough.  It does not capture the heartache and grief and anger that we should feel.  And it does nothing to prevent this carnage from being inflicted someplace else in America -- next week, or a couple of months from now.

We don't yet know why this individual did what he did.  And it's fair to say that anybody who does this has a sickness in their minds, regardless of what they think their motivations may be.  But we are not the only country on Earth that has people with mental illnesses or want to do harm to other people.  We are the only advanced country on Earth that sees these kinds of mass shootings every few months. 

Earlier this year, I answered a question in an interview by saying, “The United States of America is the one advanced nation on Earth in which we do not have sufficient common-sense gun-safety laws -- even in the face of repeated mass killings.”  And later that day, there was a mass shooting at a movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.  That day!  Somehow this has become routine.  The reporting is routine.  My response here at this podium ends up being routine.  The conversation in the aftermath of it.  We've become numb to this.

We talked about this after Columbine and Blacksburg, after Tucson, after Newtown, after Aurora, after Charleston.  It cannot be this easy for somebody who wants to inflict harm on other people to get his or her hands on a gun.
This whole speech is worth reading.
#16404  October 03, 2017, 09:01:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's "fun" how other countries have stricter regulations on owning cars than the usa (in general, some states fixed that) has in owning guns.

a friend was just telling me how in his country you have to renew your driving license every 3-5 years depending on your age range, to prove you are still physically fit to drive (in the case of older people) as well as prove that you remember all the driving laws and what not; then you have to prove you have a place to park your car, either by the rent contract of the parking lot, or the blueprints of your house; then your car has to pass an inspection every year.
#16405  October 04, 2017, 04:14:04 pm
that can be used  in gun ownership too, psychological test every year or so and probably a system where you get an approval if you want to own rifles and smg.
mind you i'm a gun owner myself but i do hate how it's too easy to get and carry guns in my country. almost every asshole could carry it.
#16406  October 06, 2017, 11:51:27 pm
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Paul Magrs said:
‘Fancy Believing in the Goblin King’

My friend told me a story he hadn’t told anyone for years. When he used to tell it years ago people would laugh and say, ‘Who’d believe that? How can that be true? That’s daft.’ So he didn’t tell it again for ages. But for some reason, last night, he knew it would be just the kind of story I would love.

When he was a kid, he said, they didn’t use the word autism, they just said ‘shy’, or ‘isn’t very good at being around strangers or lots of people.’ But that’s what he was, and is, and he doesn’t mind telling anyone. It’s just a matter of fact with him, and sometimes it makes him sound a little and act different, but that’s okay.

Anyway, when he was a kid it was the middle of the 1980s and they were still saying ‘shy’ or ‘withdrawn’ rather than ‘autistic’. He went to London with his mother to see a special screening of a new film he really loved. He must have won a competition or something, I think. Some of the details he can’t quite remember, but he thinks it must have been London they went to, and the film…! Well, the film is one of my all-time favourites, too. It’s a dark, mysterious fantasy movie. Every single frame is crammed with puppets and goblins. There are silly songs and a goblin king who wears clingy silver tights and who kidnaps a baby and this is what kickstarts the whole adventure.

It was ‘Labyrinth’, of course, and the star was David Bowie, and he was there to meet the children who had come to see this special screening.

‘I met David Bowie once,’ was the thing that my friend said, that caught my attention.

‘You did? When was this?’ I was amazed, and surprised, too, at the casual way he brought this revelation out. Almost anyone else I know would have told the tale a million times already.

He seemed surprised I would want to know, and he told me the whole thing, all out of order, and I eked the details out of him.

He told the story as if it was he’d been on an adventure back then, and he wasn’t quite allowed to tell the story. Like there was a pact, or a magic spell surrounding it. As if something profound and peculiar would occur if he broke the confidence.

It was thirty years ago and all us kids who’d loved Labyrinth then, and who still love it now, are all middle-aged. Saddest of all, the Goblin King is dead. Does the magic still exist?

I asked him what happened on his adventure.

‘I was withdrawn, more withdrawn than the other kids. We all got a signed poster. Because I was so shy, they put me in a separate room, to one side, and so I got to meet him alone. He’d heard I was shy and it was his idea. He spent thirty minutes with me.

‘He gave me this mask. This one. Look.

‘He said: ‘This is an invisible mask, you see?

‘He took it off his own face and looked around like he was scared and uncomfortable all of a sudden. He passed me his invisible mask. ‘Put it on,’ he told me. ‘It’s magic.’

‘And so I did.

‘Then he told me, ‘I always feel afraid, just the same as you. But I wear this mask every single day. And it doesn’t take the fear away, but it makes it feel a bit better. I feel brave enough then to face the whole world and all the people. And now you will, too.

‘I sat there in his magic mask, looking through the eyes at David Bowie and it was true, I did feel better.

‘Then I watched as he made another magic mask. He spun it out of thin air, out of nothing at all. He finished it and smiled and then he put it on. And he looked so relieved and pleased. He smiled at me.

‘'Now we’ve both got invisible masks. We can both see through them perfectly well and no one would know we’re even wearing them,' he said.

‘So, I felt incredibly comfortable. It was the first time I felt safe in my whole life.

‘It was magic. He was a wizard. He was a goblin king, grinning at me.

‘I still keep the mask, of course. This is it, now. Look.’

I kept asking my friend questions, amazed by his story. I loved it and wanted all the details. How many other kids? Did they have puppets from the film there, as well? What was David Bowie wearing? I imagined him in his lilac suit from Live Aid. Or maybe he was dressed as the Goblin King in lacy ruffles and cobwebs and glitter.

What was the last thing he said to you, when you had to say goodbye?

‘David Bowie said, ‘I’m always afraid as well. But this is how you can feel brave in the world.’ And then it was over. I’ve never forgotten it. And years later I cried when I heard he had passed.’

My friend was surprised I was delighted by this tale.

‘The normal reaction is: that’s just a stupid story. Fancy believing in an invisible mask.’

But I do. I really believe in it.

And it’s the best story I’ve heard all year.
:qq: jesus christ this is such a good story
#16407  October 08, 2017, 02:12:08 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
:tearsofjoy:
Amazing story, thanks for sharing.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#16408  October 27, 2017, 10:36:35 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#16409  November 05, 2017, 02:58:49 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
SlanDrome said:
why did you edit my reply you stupid bitch

I actually lol'd. That fucking image just made it.
#16410  November 06, 2017, 03:06:20 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Top kek
#16411  November 11, 2017, 01:02:45 am
  • SNK is life
#16412  November 11, 2017, 07:55:20 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
“Just according to keikaku”

(Translator’s note: Keikaku means plan)
#16413  November 16, 2017, 04:31:44 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
  I do not understand statues. I smith weapons from iron to depict weapons of iron. I smith statues from gold to depict dwarves of bone and meat. It would be correct to smith statues of dwarves from bone and meat.

Bravemule is fantastic.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#16414  November 17, 2017, 09:48:20 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
80% or so of the gay population have an STD. 55% have HIV. 82% have syphilis and 37% have anal cancer. That's crazy. Not trying to get off topic. Just had to stress that point.

Anal cancer is an STD now? Man, scientific knowledge sure has advanced; who needs citations when you have the Bible? :P
#16415  November 17, 2017, 11:59:11 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
While it's always fun to pick on MFGs tard of the month and ass cancer isn't an STD, he isn't really wrong in correlating it to an STD:
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/infectious-agents/hpv/hpv-and-cancer-info.html
The increased numbers in high-risk HPV(cancer causing HPV), cervical/vaginal, dick, mouth, and ass cancer have all increased as well. So while anal cancer isn't considered an STD it can be caused from dirty sex with dirty people.

So the moral of the story is: Get your gross dicks, cunts, and asses tested often if unprotected casual sex is your thing, you disgusting sluts.

If he was smarter at his stat arguments he would have compared ass cancer %s of men who get ass-plowed, to men who don't.

More Topical:
#16416  November 18, 2017, 01:14:06 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
My new favorite meme

#16417  November 18, 2017, 01:29:17 am
    • USA