YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 804319 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#761  January 27, 2016, 06:21:07 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#762  January 27, 2016, 06:40:40 am
So they did drop USFIV, thought they'd give it one last push.

Not much different from last year's lineup, no surprise since there wasn't much to choose from. Also lol Pokken, that game is a competitive farce from everything I've heard and seen. And you can't even do a local game with two specialized pads.
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:48:27 am by GS-Niitris
#763  January 27, 2016, 06:49:49 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Also lol Pokken, that game is a competitive farce from everything I've heard and seen. And you can't even do a local game with two specialized pads
I'm more concerned about the Pokémon Company International taking strict action.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen and see as just promoting the 20th anniversary.
#764  January 27, 2016, 09:48:53 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I'm going to be frank this lineup disappoints and makes me just not care for anything in the EVO main lineup anymore.

Pokken is already something which I completely see as not tourney viable and is clearly Nintendo forcing cash to put it on the EVO stage, no question. It's a good fighting game from what I've seen, but nothing that shows it's a tourney-viable future ahead of it.

Seeing Smash WiiU AND Melee still in is honestly baffling to me. You have USFIV taken off for SFV and yet, both Smashes are still in. Just why?

Tekken 7 may be more complete than last year but it's still basically in Arcade which rubs me the wrong way since it's still not technically complete yet(like how Killer Instinct was still in tournaments despite Season 1 not even being finished).

And UMvC3 should seriously die at this point or be replaced with MvC2. I mean they keep talking about attendance but I believe most of it is basically a nostalgia boner to MvC2 despite UMvC3 seriously having not even close to the same longevity and it's only last year was a "surprise" but still being stagnant as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#765  January 27, 2016, 03:27:20 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
>:( Nobody likes a butthurt Britney.
#766  January 27, 2016, 04:23:08 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
they said several times that tht was sfiv's last evo. I don't understand how anyone is outraged about it in the slightest.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#767  January 27, 2016, 04:37:12 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
they said several times that tht was sfiv's last evo. I don't understand how anyone is outraged about it in the slightest.

Exactly. It was Ultra's last hurrah at EVO last year. Time for some fresh meat and Street Fighter V is it.

Pokken, on the other hand.... well, it's an odd choice. But, there isn't much out there at the moment that doesn't have a concrete release date yet. I'm guessing that if this flops, you'll see it take a hike in 2017 in favor of KoF 14, Blazblue Central Fiction or whatever else is out there.
#768  January 27, 2016, 04:46:57 pm
But, there isn't much out there at the moment that doesn't have a concrete release date yet.
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

kappa

lui

#769  January 27, 2016, 04:52:18 pm
    • USA

thats kind of xhominid's schtick, he gets butthurt over damn costumes and the fact that story mode in sfv is free dlc, im not surprised hes so butthurt about the evo lineup despite them saying a bunch of damn times sfiv is being dropped and the fact that again, theres not much to choose from regarding fighting games.

i dont like the fact umvc3 is still in there either but you dont see me writing a fucking paragraph over it, because all i can do is NOT WATCH IT. its not like there are other alternatives to umvc3 so i can see why they still keep it in.
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:57:48 pm by walruslui
#770  January 27, 2016, 05:57:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, PS3 is one of the free games with Playstation Plus next week
#771  January 27, 2016, 05:58:29 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I mean, realistically enough, as much as I want Marvel to die, there's nothing else to replace it (MVC2? Seriously?), we can only hope Capcom's next fighter (After SFV) isn't a huge blunder like SFxT so Marvel can die for good.
Also, I feel like plenty of people are salty about KBR winning last EVO so "Marvel still lives".

Three Nintendo games is way too damn much though, but the worst offender of the announcement is the ticketed and limited seating with an extra fee for finals, and the place is on the other damn opposite side of the strip (Also, the LVH is kinda far from the strip too, it's not even that great)
#772  January 27, 2016, 06:09:59 pm
    • USA
3 Nintendo games at EVO's main lineup and 2 of them aren't even fighting games  :molleyes:
#773  January 27, 2016, 06:38:16 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I really wish more people played SFxT to warrant a slot at evo, the game got better with the patch, but Capcom doing the DLC characters thingy, gems, among with other things just destroyed all the opportunities that game had to be taken more seriously. It would've been a fine substitute for USFIV since we won't see it anymore.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#774  January 27, 2016, 07:57:52 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

thats kind of xhominid's schtick, he gets butthurt over damn costumes and the fact that story mode in sfv is free dlc, im not surprised hes so butthurt about the evo lineup despite them saying a bunch of damn times sfiv is being dropped and the fact that again, theres not much to choose from regarding fighting games.

i dont like the fact umvc3 is still in there either but you dont see me writing a fucking paragraph over it, because all i can do is NOT WATCH IT. its not like there are other alternatives to umvc3 so i can see why they still keep it in.

Oh go cry to someone who cares.
You can either ignore my posts or shut the hell up. The fact you are still crying about my opinion doesn't make you look any better at all.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

lui

#775  January 27, 2016, 08:03:09 pm
    • USA
lol the irony in that post. i was pointing out that you are the type of person to do that, the fact that you just responded that way proves my point.
#776  January 27, 2016, 08:06:54 pm
#777  January 27, 2016, 08:22:37 pm
Pokken's inclusion in EVO is now acknowledged by the Pokemon Company via pokemon.com.  Now I can get hype for this!

lui

#778  January 27, 2016, 08:41:09 pm
    • USA
10 bucks says that luchadorechu will be top-tier
#779  January 27, 2016, 08:58:11 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
lol the irony in that post. i was pointing out that you are the type of person to do that, the fact that you just responded that way proves my point.

I don't know how that stopped your immature response really does nothing in any way...

You can either ignore my posts or shut the hell up
so he can either ignore your posts or say nothing about your posts
huh ok

Well I should have said either ignore or get it out of your system and move on, but considering people usually go too far in the negative zone, it's usually best to say nothing at that point.

#780  January 28, 2016, 01:12:14 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Seeing Smash WiiU AND Melee still in is honestly baffling to me. You have USFIV taken off for SFV and yet, both Smashes are still in. Just why?
Because they both have massive tourney scenes and active metagames and playerbases? I dunno you tell me.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?