YesNoOk

Arcueid Brunestud (CvS3/POTS Style) by Jadeeye (Read 43152 times)

Started by Jadeeye, January 07, 2018, 05:38:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Arcueid Brunestud (CvS3/POTS Style) by Jadeeye
#21  January 09, 2018, 06:49:26 pm
    • UK
Insert signature here
#22  January 09, 2018, 07:33:58 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Thanks for the update...

Small portrait doesn´t look right.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#23  January 09, 2018, 07:36:40 pm
    • Canada
Quite nice for a first character. You can changes some things that feel Rajaa like to give it a more POTS style feel.

- Small Portrait colors are off.
Here's a fixed version:
- Remove acceleration during walk and run (There are VelSets that causes this in each of those states)
- Change special hit sounds (See other POTS characters for those sounds)
- Some normals that seem like slashes use punch hit sounds (^)
- Joint Barrage has a frame that is floating (Frame 17)
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#24  January 10, 2018, 06:50:31 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Oh shoot, I totally forgot. The reason why it doesn't look right is that HadeS made the small portrait use different colors from the sprites because that's what Rajaa did with the sprites of the character as well. HadeS told me to do this since I had that issue before and the portrait should work just fine (Or just use the fixed version by Cruz if it's easier for you):

You might be forcing the palette to use the default one and with 1.0 characters is hard to do and sometimes messy. You should add the small portrait, and when it asks you what to do with the palette, you should click on ignore and then exchange it with the default one.
I apologize that I didn't mention this sooner.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#25  January 10, 2018, 04:36:26 pm
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Here's the tutorial.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/updated-how-to-pots-mvc2-bbb-super-portraits-now-with-working-pictures-108484.0.html
Thanks, I have already seen this TUT before. It's not really the "POTS style", it have to be got some tweaking for the same style.

Thanks for the update...

Small portrait doesn´t look right.

Quite nice for a first character. You can changes some things that feel Rajaa like to give it a more POTS style feel.

- Small Portrait colors are off.
Here's a fixed version:
- Remove acceleration during walk and run (There are VelSets that causes this in each of those states)
- Change special hit sounds (See other POTS characters for those sounds)
- Some normals that seem like slashes use punch hit sounds (^)
- Joint Barrage has a frame that is floating (Frame 17)
Oh shoot, I totally forgot. The reason why it doesn't look right is that HadeS made the small portrait use different colors from the sprites because that's what Rajaa did with the sprites of the character as well. HadeS told me to do this since I had that issue before and the portrait should work just fine (Or just use the fixed version by Cruz if it's easier for you):

I apologize that I didn't mention this sooner.
Thanks guys, updated.
#26  January 10, 2018, 07:26:43 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Thanks Jadeeye. Can´t wait for another Melty Blood char from you.

Small portrait has still some issue. Doesn´t change color according to the pal.
#27  January 12, 2018, 04:26:16 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2BRwP1_QE Just gonna drop this and point out something extra that I forgot to add no the video. Level 3 QCB*2 super does 245 damage on block. :| Considering how easy she gains meter... including on custom combos... yeah.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#28  January 12, 2018, 10:57:59 am
    • USA
I saw Staubhold's issue on Fighter Factory and it seems that you are forcing the small portrait to have it's own palette than to share with it's sprites. The group and index is (0,29) when it's supposed to be (1,4). Don't bother fixing the small portrait again as it no longer shares that palette and will mess up the colors even more. Here, I'll give you a fixed-fixed version as I noticed Cruz's fix lost some detail on the eyes (This small portrait is already converted by me so you don't have to do it): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ao6f94papve4o29/Arcueid%20by%20RajaaBoy.pcx

I hope the issue regarding the small portrait is finally resolved. Don't forget to delete the group and index palette (0,29) as it's no longer used.

Also, the grab sound, throw sound and the slash hit sounds still has Rajaa's SFIV sounds and not POTS's CvS3 ones.
#29  January 14, 2018, 03:17:00 am
Thanks Jadeeye. Can´t wait for another Melty Blood char from you.

Small portrait has still some issue. Doesn´t change color according to the pal.
I saw Staubhold's issue on Fighter Factory and it seems that you are forcing the small portrait to have it's own palette than to share with it's sprites. The group and index is (0,29) when it's supposed to be (1,4). Don't bother fixing the small portrait again as it no longer shares that palette and will mess up the colors even more. Here, I'll give you a fixed-fixed version as I noticed Cruz's fix lost some detail on the eyes (This small portrait is already converted by me so you don't have to do it): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ao6f94papve4o29/Arcueid%20by%20RajaaBoy.pcx

I hope the issue regarding the small portrait is finally resolved. Don't forget to delete the group and index palette (0,29) as it's no longer used.

Also, the grab sound, throw sound and the slash hit sounds still has Rajaa's SFIV sounds and not POTS's CvS3 ones.

Thanks guys, updated. I still keep those hit sounds to resemble with BahamianKing100's MB chars.

Have updated damage scaling from Super combo and some Normal's hitboxes. Read Version History at first page for more detail.
#30  January 15, 2018, 09:48:45 am
    • USA
Much better now. I like to add a few more things I noticed:

-Why was the height adjusted to be smaller? Her new size doesn't feel right with other Melty Blood characters and causes some of her fx to be misaligned. I personally don't like it so I changed it back to 1.0 as it looked like she's almost the same size as Miyako.

-I just remembered that any character that RajaaBoy updated in 2013 (Aoko, Arcueid, Dhalsim, & Supergirl) had their power charge removed, so the character flash fx while power charging is missing and thought you might want to add it back in. Just put this right before the power charge helper state and you're done:

[State 920, Character Flash]
type = PalFX
trigger1 = 1
time = 1
add = 75 + ceil(sin(Time / 6.0 * pi) * 75),25 + ceil(sin(Time / 6.0 * pi) * 25),0

-You also forgot to remove the unused palettes on the sff file. Not that it affects the character or anything. Just makes the file a few kilobytes smaller.

That's all, just some minor issues that I should mention.

Thanks guys, updated. I still keep those hit sounds to resemble with BahamianKing100's MB chars.
I see, that's fine. Although BahamianKing100's Melty Blood characters also use RajaaBoy's characters as a base and either he or varo_hades left the sounds alone while editing it. I said that in case you want to make the character more accurate to POTS's CvS3 style.
Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:59:31 am by SolidZone 26
#31  January 20, 2018, 03:49:57 pm
Much better now. I like to add a few more things I noticed:

-Why was the height adjusted to be smaller? Her new size doesn't feel right with other Melty Blood characters and causes some of her fx to be misaligned. I personally don't like it so I changed it back to 1.0 as it looked like she's almost the same size as Miyako.

-I just remembered that any character that RajaaBoy updated in 2013 (Aoko, Arcueid, Dhalsim, & Supergirl) had their power charge removed, so the character flash fx while power charging is missing and thought you might want to add it back in. Just put this right before the power charge helper state and you're done:

[State 920, Character Flash]
type = PalFX
trigger1 = 1
time = 1
add = 75 + ceil(sin(Time / 6.0 * pi) * 75),25 + ceil(sin(Time / 6.0 * pi) * 25),0

-You also forgot to remove the unused palettes on the sff file. Not that it affects the character or anything. Just makes the file a few kilobytes smaller.

That's all, just some minor issues that I should mention.

Thanks for supporting me, updated. I don't know what's unused palette that need to be removed, could you let me know?

Also, have updated Teleport Special, Super Finish effect and A.I. See detail at first post.
#32  January 21, 2018, 08:48:25 am
    • USA
Thanks for supporting me, updated. I don't know what's unused palette that need to be removed, could you let me know?

Also, have updated Teleport Special, Super Finish effect and A.I. See detail at first post.
Basically the last two (0,28) and (0,29). The 85th one looks like the default palette in reverse (Which I don't know what it's used for) and the 86th one is the palette that you were originally forcing on the new lifebar portrait before I gave you the fixed-fixed version. So you should have a total of 84 palettes on the SFF file, making Sennou-Room's hyper portraits the last ones used. I wouldn't touch anything under the 84th palette as some of them were originally for RajaaBoy's character and I wouldn't want to risk messing up the colors if it turns out they are used for something. But like I said, it's minor and I don't see other issues with the character so it's not really worth updating again just for that. The size is a personal preference and you already said you'll keep the grab, throw, and the slash hit sounds to resemble BahamianKing100's MB characters, so I don't know what else that needs updating. Maybe make the Impact Dust use the POTS's CvS3 sounds instead of the default fightfx ones (Which I noticed when I used the grabs and heard my fightfx's sounds when the opponent bounced on the wall or hit the ground)? If you look at POTS's characters (Somewhere with the group of 7, but the index can vary), you should be able to find it.
Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:18:53 am by SolidZone 26