Staff positions (Read 242481 times)

Started by Sepp, October 27, 2007, 12:56:10 am
Staff positions
#1  October 27, 2007, 12:56:10 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Umm, use this topic for staff member recruitment suggestions and stuff related to it.

But first, please welcome Iced, new surprise GMod. Anybody against it? Well, too late. Err. Just say so. =)

PM excerpt of note for everybody:

No you wouldn't be required or expected to be constantly present or do something all the time (you don't see the rest of us doing that either). The tactic is simply to gather enough people who would--when and if they felt like doing mod stuff and saw something that needed doing--probably do good.

Hey perhaps I should remind Messatsu of that and force admin back onto him. The three of us is not ideal.

No I don't have any more surprise solo decisions planned for the moment, and
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:32:15 pm by Sepp
Re: Recruiting
#2  October 27, 2007, 03:00:30 am
welcome aboard, iced!

get a different signature.
Re: Staff positions
#3  November 22, 2007, 11:03:50 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Thoughts:

-R[E]tire (simply seems naturally closer to fire [only reference I could produce right away; it happened here and there afterwards] than water; nothing against tendencies to produce sparks, but not in moderators, preferably they be water persons.)
+Ask Tony3rd to return.
+Hire DemonicPhil.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#4  November 22, 2007, 11:06:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I agree with the last two ones.
#5  November 22, 2007, 11:41:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that means, i am gone, well, thanks for the time. especially if i am going to be judged solely on the basis on how i behaved with two guys that i already disliked and that started out insulting me...
Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:45:38 pm by R[E]ika
#6  November 22, 2007, 11:48:34 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
This was going to be an edit of my previous post: more (exaggerated) links. Saying I likes [E] but think he is simply not so much the moderator type. Mh?
--R. Scott Bakker
#7  November 22, 2007, 11:52:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i don't see any point over link1 or 2 .. but i don't feel like i should have arguments over this, in the end is your decision based on what you think, let's see what does the rest of the staff think about it, as i think that is the reason you posted this. anithing that happens, no hard feelings or anithing; i am not angry at all.

Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:08:39 am by R[E]ika
#8  November 23, 2007, 12:07:47 am
+Ask Tony3rd to return.
neutral on this
+Hire DemonicPhil.
NO DON'T. have you seen his posts? have you seen him report really irrelevant things? this is definitely not moderator material. the fact that you're planning on removing [E] and getting this guy instead almost makes me question your sanity.
Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:11:26 am by Titiln
#9  November 23, 2007, 12:25:52 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
If you're looking to assign either of them to a single board, I suggest Releases. It has way too much movement for me to keep track of (or any GMod, I think) and could use someone's undivided attention.

Other Electable Ones... Renzo? Tetsuo9999?...
Also bring back walt. :o That is, if he still feels like it, have the faint recollection that he asked to be removed from the staff before.

And I wanted to say something nice about [E], but couldn't think of something that'd excuse the whole "[E] takes on France" thing... so same as what Sepp said.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#10  November 23, 2007, 03:39:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i resign.

since the staff is not completely convinced that i should be part of it, i would rather resign than be in doubt as a staffer.
#11  November 23, 2007, 06:10:15 pm
per his request, [e] has been released from his moderator duties. we wish [e] the best in all his future endeavors.
Renzo?
this is definitely a good choice
Tetsuo9999?
:gonk:
Also bring back walt. :o
i'm pretty sure he didn't want to be staff anymore, but maybe he could be asked again.
#12  November 29, 2007, 12:20:38 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
There's enough nice things that could be said about [E] but back to business--

i'm pretty sure he [walt] didn't want to be staff anymore, but maybe he could be asked again.

TDS' PM when I got demoted FTW (yah, I steal have it) :

I've never had to do this before so I guess I will just say it. Me, Val, Loona, Messatsu, and Sepp went through all the moderators to see whom we would replace, move, or keep as is.

Well, we are gona try someone new in Graphic Arts.

I hope you are not upset. Just a few reoccuring attitudes that helped everyone reach the choice. You moderated well in your area but muting for bumping... and the lashing out we decided it was best to try something new.

Thank you for your services. If you don't hate us I'll see you around the forum.

Note "muting" and "lashing out." But that's a much better "you're fired" text than mine. Maybe all the firing from now on should be carried out by him. I'm usually just like YOU'RE OUT. Or in.

Titiln neutral, TDS positive, Tony returns.

Reminder for everyone:

I'm only a litte afraid that you might want to begin to "stop things" again after a while and get harsher and harsher over time because there will "always" be stupid people posting stupid things and fighting that is usually frustrating. But if you simply help where you can when you feel like it and don't have the desire to "control" events too much, yay.

More later.
--R. Scott Bakker
#13  November 29, 2007, 10:17:49 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
YAY!

hi, guys! missed me?

and look.. global mod.. hmmm.. the possibilities...
* Tony 3rd laughs maniacally

just joking  ;D

well... Thanks for trusting me again. As i said to Loona when... He/she/it first invited me to mod the old wip section, its an honor to be chosen to be a Mod here. and it is a even greater honor to be chosen again.

thanks, guys!! I won't dissapoint you.

Reminder for everyone:

I'm only a litte afraid that you might want to begin to "stop things" again after a while and get harsher and harsher over time because there will "always" be stupid people posting stupid things and fighting that is usually frustrating. But if you simply help where you can when you feel like it and don't have the desire to "control" events too much, yay.

More later.

don't worry about that. It is a "new era" here in the guild, so it does not make sense do things the old way.

Out with the old, in with the New.
#14  November 30, 2007, 10:50:03 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
--R. Scott Bakker
#15  November 30, 2007, 01:46:57 pm
    • Germany
:muh:
#16  November 30, 2007, 02:02:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I love that you added the word "permanent"! HAHA :sugoi:
#17  November 30, 2007, 05:25:29 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
--R. Scott Bakker
Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 05:59:55 pm by Sepp
#18  November 30, 2007, 05:34:05 pm
    • Germany
...do we need that many staff people? o_O
Hadn't noticed this.
#19  November 30, 2007, 06:44:43 pm
  • SNK is life
Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:55:59 pm by walt
#20  December 01, 2007, 01:23:59 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.