YesNoOk

Original Creations board (Read 5149 times)

Started by shinsou, March 18, 2008, 05:36:57 pm
Share this topic:
Original Creations board
#1  March 18, 2008, 05:36:57 pm
I have a suggestion...
Since there is a child board with edits we could have one for characters,stages and screenpacks that are just like in the original games or at least most similiar to them.
Re: Original Creations board
#2  March 18, 2008, 05:44:27 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, but you'd have to define the limit to "like the original".

Warusaki's stuff, for example, is defined as accurate to the games. But what about his Ken and Haohmaru.
What about POTS' stuff ? Lots of stuff (vels, system) is accurate to games, but the mix makes them custom chars.

Same goes with stages. Shift B is B makes somehow accurate stages from old school games, but has to edit them to some extent. Accurate or not ?
#3  March 18, 2008, 05:59:04 pm
  • I miss titiln
Original is only original when it isn't death god shin evil orochi gay cock edits.

ironic signature because this is interesting text

I like hate mail
#4  March 18, 2008, 07:15:55 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Original creations aren't released often enough to justify having their own board.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  March 18, 2008, 07:18:14 pm
i think he mixed what we know as "original" with what we know as "accurate" but his point remains

but       what pots said
#6  March 18, 2008, 10:37:23 pm
we could make a poll to decide wich one is more accurate and place them in a section for the game.
#7  March 18, 2008, 10:39:15 pm
that would lead to trouble way too often
#8  March 19, 2008, 12:18:22 am
#9  March 19, 2008, 01:31:01 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
I think..Original in gameplay and other..In fact..ORiginal /edited (not orochi (name)..or Violent (name)...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#10  March 19, 2008, 02:15:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You are missing a verb.

I think
Original in gameplay and other
In fact
ORiginal /edited (not orochi (name)
or Violent (name)

Even if this was put together it reads :
I think original in gameplay and other in fact original/edited (not orochi (name) or violent(name)

Now this could mean, "I think that original is when they have a different gameplay and more, they are edited instead of being just changed by a name"
It could also mean "I think that original in gameplay and other stuff should just be fully original, instead of picking up another character and turning them orochi or violent"
It could also mean "I believe that only full original works should be deemed original."
I dont know.
And it makes me a sad panda that I keep asking you to please tidy up your speech a bit for comprehension and you dont even answer to me.
#11  March 19, 2008, 02:24:28 am
:pwnonk:
A Creator release board
#12  March 19, 2008, 08:11:03 am
  • Never give up
How about just a creator release board.

Right now we have creator releases mixed up with report releases. Creators topics are getting pushed to the next page very quickly. Splitting them up could get better feedback for creators.
#13  March 19, 2008, 08:25:23 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
No,instead of a seperate release board for creators,a seperate sub-section for reporting releases would be better since people tend to mostly ignore sub-sections (releases > reporting releases in importance)

Creators - Release board
Reporting other creations (japanese creations mostly) - Sub-section within release board.
#14  March 19, 2008, 10:14:30 am
    • France
#15  March 19, 2008, 02:07:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Guild tried a creator release board once and very few people ever used it or responded there.
#16  March 19, 2008, 02:11:49 pm
    • France
KOD and you are talking about two different matters.

- KOD is asking to separate the announcements (releases by creators not on this forum) from the actual releases made by members.
- You are talking about a board which purpose was beta-testing a creation among other creators, to more or less be sure to get valuable feedback. And well, of course very few people used it : there were very few creators (not contributors) and Moderators back then, and they were the only ones who could see this section.
#17  March 19, 2008, 02:15:00 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
I do have to agree it's hard to get feedback when you have guys that post heavy amounts of release threads from people that don't even post here (especially from the "news reporter" members). Not to mention feedback in most those news threads is useless: either someone's getting fellatio, someone's shitting a brick, someone's complaining about not being able to read the language, or someone's just complaining period.
#18  March 19, 2008, 04:25:04 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
two points
1.  its a good idea, mainly due to the news reporting pushing down creations that actually need feedback
2. its a bad idea since people would just say stuff like "nice job" most of the time (kinda like they do now) plus there would be heavy reporting from people saying "you cant say thet here" thus more work for the mods, and from what i know they want less work to deal with
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#19  March 19, 2008, 04:33:04 pm
  • Never give up
thus more work for the mods, and from what i know they want less work to deal with

Simple solution. If it gets out of hand, they can add some more moderators to the releases section. Just like they did in the request section.

I'm sure they can find a bunch of volunteers to help with the moderation. (raises hand)
Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 04:45:30 pm by r(A)n(G)iku
#20  March 19, 2008, 04:44:54 pm
No,instead of a seperate release board for creators,a seperate sub-section for reporting releases would be better since people tend to mostly ignore sub-sections (releases > reporting releases in importance)

Creators - Release board
Reporting other creations (japanese creations mostly) - Sub-section within release board.
i kinda like this idea