YesNoOk

CvS3 BROLY by Mr. Ansatsuken! (Updated, 04-07-2019)  (Read 1912763 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, June 23, 2019, 02:15:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: CvS3 BROLY by Mr. Ansatsuken! (Updated, 04-07-2019)
#61  July 05, 2019, 08:14:06 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Don't quit, Mr. Ansatsuken!
Your works are godly! You shouldn't quit again! You can't give up on Mugen again right now!
This is fate.
#62  July 05, 2019, 08:33:36 am
    • USA
I guess I’ll sound preachy, but you never know what someone is going through.. People behind those screens; It’s not always about mugen, links etc. Also your words have more power than you realize.. The amount of work/detail you put into this stuff, it’s easy to get burnout. I mean, you all know that despite having bad carpal tunnel/vision guy keeps pumping this stuff out as fast as he does. I don’t know one creator who isn’t putting 10+ hrs daily into it. It’s a job practically. Rest is an essential part of it.

lui

#63  July 05, 2019, 09:04:49 am
    • USA
My life would be better off without Mugen tbh.

honestly man, if you wanna quit, then just quit. there's no shame in that whatsoever and it isn't a detriment to your personal self in any way.

every time, and i mean EVERY time you post a character, you mention this or something along the lines of "Mugen is ruining my health" or something like that

I get it, it's tiring and there's a reason why I quit making characters for a bit, but honestly you're basically just forcing yourself at this point to keep posting  content.

there comes a point in which it's good to keep people informed about your personal life regarding this stuff, but i think you should seek out better alternatives to getting help other than posting about how much Mugen ruins your life.

I'm not saying this to be mean but for years I haven't seen a single thread of yours without you complaining about Mugen ruining your life, which starts to sound suffocating to everyone else around eventually.

Basically, what I'm saying is, get real help man. These messages have been going on for years and I really think you're better off getting real professional help. This forum, the mugen scene, while we can all be here to support you and whatnot, the only person who can REALLY help yourself is you, and that starts with seeking professional help. It's quite unhealthy to keep forcing yourself to find a reason to post content for an engine you claim to hate alot.

If you think you're better off with Mugen, then quit for now and get help. Don't seek for it here, it's only going to give you excuses to come back. If you think there are personal friends here that can shoulder some of that weight off, great, contact them personally. The people who actually do care for you here would support that decision instead of trying to keep you around and posting content for their behalf if you did that.
Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:14:38 am by lui
#64  July 05, 2019, 10:15:57 am
    • USA
I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who could see a pattern. Not to insinuate/assume(you could be perfectly fine), but nothing wrong with looking out for one another. I agree with everything said. Depression etc is real, many of us fight it. Rather be safe than sorry any day, none of this stuff is worth your personal health.
#65  July 05, 2019, 10:27:06 am
He says he’s gonna quit Mugen, etc every time he releases a character then reappears with a new 1 the following year then says the same thing..... there’s definitely a pattern
#66  July 05, 2019, 11:33:42 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Damn Ansatsuken... :(

Mr. Ansatsuken's reason to quit sounds vague and I don't get why. He was pretty hyped about releasing more characters in this style and now he's just quitting. He even said he planned to update Bardock after Broly finishes.

Exactly SZ. But it's not the first time Ansatsuken come with this.
But i think i know why. http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-do-you-overcome-depression-mfg-c-180761.0.html
Remember this topic guys? Well, it's Ansatsuken talked about his depression.

I understand if you're tired and needed a break to relax but saiyng "quit mugen" is too much and it wasn't the first time you said it. If you want to rest a little after the updates on Broly and the future releases, just do it bro. Surely we'll be waiting for your return.

But if it's because of your depression bro, i understand too. I had this shit before. But i got rid of this shit thanks to God, my family, friends. And MUGEN. Yeah, MUGEN was one of the things that made me get rid of depression because i met such great people here and in other MUGEN communities. So if it's the depression that is trying to put you down again, search for help man. Taking care of yourself is always important.
#67  July 06, 2019, 12:08:56 am
    • USA
He says he’s gonna quit Mugen, etc every time he releases a character then reappears with a new 1 the following year then says the same thing..... there’s definitely a pattern
A part of it is trying to convince yourself. I do it all the time. Is it our responsibility? No, but I'm just saying. It could be the boy who cried wolf, but imagine if you were that saving grace.. Acknowledging people as people and not means2anend/online personalities we think we know isn't such a bad idea either.

What was said above pretty much summed it all up, this isn't really the place for it, we all could be out of line(we don't know), but all the same as peers, we can rally. Doesn't matter if he quits mugen ultimately. This has happened so frequently so its cool that some of you are speaking out/concerned. Better alternatives, but no need to shy people away from expressing themselves, up to them how they do so. Dude could of just been having a bad day, everyone turned into a counselor for a cool minute lol. That kinda support is dope though.
#68  July 06, 2019, 12:58:01 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, we might not be the right people to talk about that kind of stuff, but at the end of the day we just have to build each other up. If he needs to take another break then let him, but if he has dark thoughts like that then we need to get him some help. At the end of the day we need to build each other up cause we don't know what might be happening in someone's life. This is getting off topic but hopefully the guy is alright, and I really do hope that he can keep on bringing his creations to light.
#69  July 06, 2019, 11:55:30 am
A part of it is trying to convince yourself. I do it all the time. Is it our responsibility? No, but I'm just saying. It could be the boy who cried wolf, but imagine if you were that saving grace.. Acknowledging people as people and not means2anend/online personalities we think we know isn't such a bad idea either.

What was said above pretty much summed it all up, this isn't really the place for it, we all could be out of line(we don't know), but all the same as peers, we can rally. Doesn't matter if he quits mugen ultimately. This has happened so frequently so its cool that some of you are speaking out/concerned. Better alternatives, but no need to shy people away from expressing themselves, up to them how they do so. Dude could of just been having a bad day, everyone turned into a counselor for a cool minute lol. That kinda support is dope though.

I think he knows how much his releases are appreciated. This depression stuff and how he wants to quit Mugen has been said so much its almost like it's being said to receive certain responses. Maybe he doesn't have much friends offline idk... but it is a recurring thing. If he has no one to talk to offline, the ppl in his release threads that are concerned are certainly available via PM. I wish him the best in whatever prompts these posts
#70  July 06, 2019, 05:10:05 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I sent a PM to him. I hope that he can see that he's not alone.
For now, let's back to be on topic.
#71  July 06, 2019, 08:57:50 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Whew... I didn't expect my comment to escalate things to such a degree... but I guess I owe you an explaination.
Sorry for not replying before, I was just very busy.

Create a goal, take a break, start charging.
Thanks for the advice, 2Dee. I've actually considered doing comissions multiple times tbh.

Create a goal, take a break, start charging.
Not everyone's like you charging people for things. Stop preaching man.
He's just givin' useful advice. Chill, dude.

I second that.

If you are burnt out Mr. Ansatsuken then you should absolutely take a break. Last thing you want to do is take commissions and make it a job. When I was cranking out custom ports for Legacy I got some wild requests for shit I had no interest in, and last thing I wanted was to take peoples money and be obligated to work on whatever weird weeabo furry cartoon nonsense that I had zero motivation to complete.

or not, maybe you are into that. What do I know? you do you man.
It depends really. If someone paid me to make a PotS-Styled DBZ character (for example), I'd be glad to work on it, haha.
Now tbh, I'd rather shoot myself in the head instead of making someone's "fursona" for Mugen, yikes.

Oh, and... after helping DJMouF with Goku, Gohan and Vegeta... I'm most likely quitting Mugen again, tbh.
Perhaps I'll still lurk in the forums for some time, but I've come to the same conclusion I did 3 years ago.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
All the best man, will wait for your return one day if you have time to waste for Mugen creation as always :gouki:
You know... chances are I'll be back anyway.

Mr. Ansatsuken's reason to quit sounds vague and I don't get why. He was pretty hyped about releasing more characters in this style and now he's just quitting. He even said he planned to update Bardock after Broly finishes. I hope my comment doesn't have anything to do with it. All I was doing is giving him feedback on him that I held out as I promised. I wouldn't pester him if I knew.
Well, yeah, it sounds vague, because I haven't given a real explaination.

MAN THIS BROLLY IS SOOO FREAKING .......... COOL +)......... man I been a Fan of Your work for yearssssssssss WOW....=) ...…. KEEP GOING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

=)  =)
Thank you so much, Mike! Haha :mlol: :mlol: :mlol:

Don't quit, Mr. Ansatsuken!
Your works are godly! You shouldn't quit again! You can't give up on Mugen again right now!
I'm glad you enjoy my stuff, haha.
But... it's not much of a matter of choice, tbh.

You definitely see a pattern because there's clearly one.

I guess I’ll sound preachy, but you never know what someone is going through.. People behind those screens; It’s not always about mugen, links etc. Also your words have more power than you realize.. The amount of work/detail you put into this stuff, it’s easy to get burnout. I mean, you all know that despite having bad carpal tunnel/vision guy keeps pumping this stuff out as fast as he does. I don’t know one creator who isn’t putting 10+ hrs daily into it. It’s a job practically. Rest is an essential part of it.
2Dee gets it.

Well you see, I don't usually like to talk about personal stuff on the Internet, mostly because it's full of asshats.
But now... if you really care about the situation, here goes I guess.

I've been dealing with chronic depression for 11 years (and I'm 20).
I have several mental problems tbh.
Depression used to be what brought me back into Mugen over and over.
And now... it's the reason I decided to leave again.

But why? Well, here's why.

Life was great this year. And so was for the majority of last year.
I was working out every day. I had money. I was meeting with a ton of friends.
However... shortly after I got back into Mugen...
At the end of february, life started to go downhill. In every single way.
I won't get into much detaily of "why" it happened, but from the end of February 'til the end of April, I started to lose things every single day...

What truly managed to break me was losing my job 3 weeks ago, after 2 and a half years..
So much shit has happened in the recent months...
I thought I had finally overcome depression. But turns out I was wrong.
Now I need to get my life together again. I need to get a new job, for example.
What's holding me back from fixing my life? Mugen.
But why? Yes, it is possible to balance things in life, I know.
However I'm an obsessive guy. That's just one of my other problems...
I am wayy, WAYYY too obsessive.
I have not (and apparently, can not) managed to balance MUGEN with the other activities in my life.
Mugen always ends up consuming me. At first I spend barely 2 hours coding.
But eventually I end up spending 10+ hours a day coding Mugen.

If you want to tell me to find balance, thank you, but it's useless.
I've tried for years now, and it seems what didn't work yesterday, won't work today.
I like making Mugen stuff. Of course I do.
However I can't seem to fit Mugen into my life without becoming its slave.

If I want to get a new job (which I MUST do as soon as possible), I need to quit Mugen for good.
(This is one of the reasons why I've considered doing comissions btw)

By the way, don't worry about my mental state. I've been dealing with depression forever.
Besides, I'm not suicidal and haven't been in a long time.

Thank you for caring enough to tell me to seek help. And yes, I've already done that.
I've lost count on how many psychologists I've talked to. It doesn't matter. They cannot do anything about it. And while I truly appreciate the effort, neither can you... I think.

Like I said, life was great UNTIL I got back into Mugen.
Now, of course there's no DIRECT connection between the two things. But mind you, to me, there are no such things a "coincidences".
If life was great for a long time until I went back to making Mugen characters, then life will be great again if I stop making Mugen characters.

I didn't want the thread to derail, so let's get back on topic now, haha :mlol: :mlol: :mlol:
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:01:03 pm by Mr. Ansatsuken
#72  July 07, 2019, 03:22:13 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
If you don't already, I highly recommend smoking weed. If you can't seem to balance things, IT will definitely help you, and at the very least, it will make what you're doing a lot more enjoyable. I'm 34 and speak from decades of experience. Having an all out love for your hobby is just the definition of passion, but if you're obsessed with something that you don't even enjoy doing, then it is unhealthy and I can see why it would contribute to depression. That said, I truly hope you conquer that feeling, because it really is just like you said, a mental issue. You are fully capable mentally and physically to drop that shit like a bad habit, and live your life in peace and with a clear and positive mind. Depression is just the devil fucking with your head, and the devil is a weak fucking bitch. With technical and graphical skills like the ones you have, you could make this world your oyster. I don't know you at all, but I see your work and the amount of detail and quality you put into all of it, and it's pretty damn obvious you have a lot going on upstairs, and shouldn't concern yourself with petty shit beneath you like depression. I know, easier said than done, but seriously, are you going to let some mental feeling defeat you? I don't think so, so you're only option is to overcome. It's just inevitable.
Anyways, this Broly is amazing in every sense of the word. My only critique or suggestion would be, maybe consider having his ki aura gradually get more intense as his power bar increases. Aside from that, perfection contained in less than 100mb. Bravo brotha', bravo.
Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:21:28 am by shulbocka
#73  July 07, 2019, 04:25:33 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
lol wtf, don't suggest smoking weed as a surefire solution, its effects are variable and can actually exacerbate symptoms if you don't respond well to it.
#74  July 07, 2019, 07:42:00 am
    • USA
Nothing wrong with doing commissions. Mugen should be free, but paying for your time not a product. It’s all perspective though, paying/donating for example. If you are helping other people, they (strong) “might” want to return the favor. Do it until you get situated? Doesn’t hurt to try. it. (I see how some users be talking to ya’ll as if you were on a payroll lol)

It’s only a negative once you realize that you get nothing out of it. I see that only happening once you no longer have a goal. Basic life skill. By setting one, you have something to work towards, preferably a far out of reach one, like a full game. This way, it can remain that crutch, something you can always return to should you feel like it/when you get inspired. Once you finish a planned character then what? You wait around until inspiration hits again. That idle time is what kills you. Always being busy you won’t have time to stress. Distract yourself, focus on things you can do “now”. Doesn’t have to pertain to mugen.

I hate to say it, but supply and demand. During these times, you creators have a lot of power.. I almost paid 800$ for a SP because no one else would do it. Sounds F’d up, but how it is now. Things are definitely give and take now. Turn a negative into a positive. You aren’t being selfish thinking about you. Start a project? A lot of nothing going on here, make that change? Create a poll, see whom would be willing to donate towards a particular character, or well straight up receiving pay for time. Whatever works for you. Alternatively, take time away, get a job, work on down time. You won’t be able to quit for good, I’m telling you, especially if you keep watching people create. Js, you have options.
#75  July 07, 2019, 09:04:45 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
lol wtf, don't suggest smoking weed as a surefire solution, its effects are variable and can actually exacerbate symptoms if you don't respond well to it.

^ this, although I use it myself sometime to code (because it can get boring as fuck) but at the same time I can get really side tracked etc. Plus smoking for the first time should not be while doing any sort of activity other than enjoying it if that's your thing.

Otherwise imo best bet is to take some time away, do something else you enjoy and see if you want to come back to mugen. I've been around for about holy, over a decade doing pretty much the same type of thing and just evolving over the years, but I took a lot of hiatus's and breaks in between. I always find myself back into it at some point though usually with new ideas and a fresh look on things. It really can help.
#76  July 07, 2019, 12:04:28 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Shame t' see you'll be gone soon. I would be (Or would've been) nice to see the Dudley update though.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#77  July 07, 2019, 04:25:00 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Just take care bro, i hope you read my PM.

Okay guys, i know we all worried about Ansatsuken but like he said, let's get back on topic please.
New #78  July 09, 2019, 12:57:13 am
  • Dev Team of Dragon Claw
Some suggestions:
Play around with scale and size for the supers, both on P1 and P2. Scale is a tool very rarely used, which is a shame as it is a super powerful one at that.
Remove HUD for as many supers as possible as they interfere a lot with what's going on.
Some of the supers come off as lazy and uninteresting and if it were up to me, I'd redo some of them, like the Rugal Press.

Reduce damage on lv 3s, it is too much. It should do a lot, but keep it reasonable.
Reuben "Reu" Kee En Rui: 1984-07-09 - 2007-11-23
(Current max hit count: Click here!) / Dragon Claw
2007-11-20  06:14:42  Reu  Yagami (L) Friends!  gotta get going to the festival cya!! XD *hugz*
2007-11-20  06:14:55  Yagami (L) Friends!  Reu  Alright man! You take care and i'll see ya! *Hugs*
-Extracted from my MSN logbook-
Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 01:01:59 am by Shadow