This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time, this time, this time
Re: wrestling
#4624  November 21, 2011, 05:00:40 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
What happened in the Rock/Cena vs Awesome Truth match?
#4625  November 21, 2011, 05:13:56 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Answer for New Challenger:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Aside from the Henry/Show match, that was a fun PPV. I've defended Henry in the past, but that match was so boring. Nice high spot with Big Show's Savage Elbow, otherwise I couldn't wait for it to end.

Download Last Bout now!

SNT

#4626  November 21, 2011, 05:26:14 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

I'm still just at the start of the Elimination match, but FINALLY, THE AUDIENCE HAS COME BACK TO COMMON SENSE

That aside:
Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:33:16 am by SNT
#4627  November 21, 2011, 05:34:27 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I gotta agree with Sean, I think that Mark Henry match was a disappointment, makes me look forward even more to when he loses that title, and he's out of the loop. That Big Show elbow just had me thinking like.....wait....Big Show + top ropes?? but it was suspenseful and it was probably the only good part of that match, I didn't that it ended the way it did.
#4628  November 21, 2011, 05:41:39 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Sin Cara: worked botch?

He's out for six months, so what's the work? You think he was injured already?

Anyway, Triple H has got to be pissed. Wasn't this guy his big find?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
#4629  November 21, 2011, 05:42:33 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
This PPV proved that Cena could put on the most interesting offense of the night and still get booed.

Stay classy WWE Universe.
#4630  November 21, 2011, 05:48:36 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
It's amazing how much the Rock getting in the ring made me realize how much of a slump the WWE has been for a good while now. The Rock was never considered an amazing worker, but he was incredibly crisp and that's what the majority of the roster is missing.

The biggest problem is that The Rock is just too damn charismatic. He's made Cena look like an absolute chump and Cena has no appropriate counter to anything The Rock says or does.

SNT

#4631  November 21, 2011, 05:52:17 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I hadn't heard Sin Cara was out, let alone for no six months.  I'm still watching the event.
#4632  November 21, 2011, 06:06:57 am
    • USA
They missed a golden opportunity to turn Cena heel. I know they shot that down in the build up to Summerslam, but I still can't understand it. Listen to that crowd and tell me this isn't Rock v. Hogan in reverse.
This time
This time
#4633  November 21, 2011, 06:09:13 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Stolen from Punchsport Pagoda
So sick of the 'turn Cena' posts, John Cena is already a massive heel, everybody hates him. All that making him do 'bad guy' things will do is make people warm to him because he's not being the character everyone hates anymore.

This is as much of a 'heel' as he is ever going to be. All that him 'turning' will do is make him a heel to little kids, and everyone else will just not care anymore. It kills everything that makes watching a modern John Cena match tolerable - hoping he gets his shiteating grin wiped off his face by CM Punk.

A Main Event without John Cena is a better place obviously, but thats not gonna happen and this is about as good as it's gonna get without making Cena likeable and thus the idea of a heel turn asinine.
#4634  November 21, 2011, 06:32:06 am
    • USA
I'm sorry, but this has gone on too long. Not "everybody" hates John Cena. There's a gaping wound between those that hate him or they love him, and the wound is festering because they're not willing to shake up his character at all. They weren't this afraid with Hogan, Austin, Rock, Undertaker... why is John Cena so different?

Well, whatever, I've said my piece.
This time
This time

DMK

#4635  November 21, 2011, 07:27:54 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Pretty happy with all of tonights matches and no doubt Henry will be stripped of the WHC later this week. Glorious.
#4636  November 21, 2011, 10:06:01 am
    • USA
Turning Cena heel is a retarded idea.  Plain and simple.  It's not going to make his character any more "bearable" than it is now.  Proof?  Look at Mr. Anderson in TNA.  That's what a modern heel Cena would be.  And Mr. Anderon's gimmick is infinitely worse than anything Cena has EVER done.  If anything heel Cena would be even worse as he would be making more stupid jokes, more horrible insults than he does now.

Besides I'd rather have a Cena reign of doom that lasts 3 years than a Miz reign that lasts one day.
#4637  November 21, 2011, 10:27:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I completely disagree. A Cena heel turn will force a drastic change in character and can be done well. He could say that he sucked up to kids for years to sell t-shirts and make money, he can start acting serious and stop being goofy, he could change his in ring style to a more dominate heel style instead of the "get beat down, come back Superman" bullshit he does now.

It IS possible for Cena to cut edgey, entertaining promos that aren't corny. He just hasn't done it in years. The last time Cena was a heel was great, and I think they can do something similar without having to resort to making him a rapper again.

I think that's the main reason a good portion of fans hate him. They know he can be better than what he is and it's frustrating to see YEARS of Cena gone to waste for literally no reason. He would have been appealing to kids regardless of his character, so the corny goofy Cena only accomplished one thing; alienating a large share of the audience.
Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:30:16 am by Caddie
#4638  November 21, 2011, 10:38:08 am
    • USA
Yes, but if he does all of that his marketability will drastically plummet.  This ain't the 90s anymore, the mainstream is sick of badasses.  They want their heroes to be straight laced again as they were in the 80s. 

The solution to all of this would simply be to show Cena as flawed.  This will also be good for the "kid friendly" think so that they can learn that nobody is perfect, not even their heroes.  A flawed hero is a good hero.  It's why there are superhero teams in the first place, so they can cover each others' weaknesses.
#4639  November 21, 2011, 10:51:02 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
But the audience loved bad-ass Cena and that was only 5 or 6 years ago. It was even AFTER Hogan's nostalgia run. The fans that hate Cena now would probably warm to a heel Cena. Look at how fans respond to the Rock and his slogan right now is "boots to asses". Look at CM Punk's popularity. Triple H when he's around. All of them are edgy, almost 90s style personalities. There are a ton of likeable characters like that in TNA too. Bobby Roode and James Storm right now are feuding for the world title and they are both like that, and the ratings have been rising because of that.

He doesn't even have to stay heel, the goal is a change in personality. No one would buy it if he stayed face and changed, he's tried that a few times. They need to "reboot" him like they did with Randy Orton. Remember his first face run and how it failed? Because of how different and almost cowardly his face personality was the first time? They turned him heel, and this time when they made him face they kept him mostly the same, and it's worked for him. I think Cena can be fixed the same time.

It would only take a few months to have him be widely appealing instead of splitting the audience. As much as they like to pretend that Cena's "controversy" is a good thing, having the face of your company be hated by a very vocal part of the audience in every city they go to for 5+ years is never a good thing.

IMO.
#4640  November 21, 2011, 11:00:17 am
    • USA
IMO, he doesn't need to turn heel at all, he just needs a different character direction.  If he turned into a badass he would be a part of an oversaturation along with the guys you mentioned. 

But really though, you can't deny that some people are gonna boo Cena no matter what he does, face or heel.