ScreenPack
#1  January 10, 2011, 09:22:39 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Well I just finished making the lifebars last night, Hi Res

Normal:

Team:

Cyanide should be coding them soon, right now, I'm just looking for different fonts for them, and the game, if anyone has any suggestions on fonts, or where to get some or can make some, let me know!

I have the select screen plotted out  and a concept made,and not the one I showed in the announcement section, I am just going to have to find someone to do a filter on the portraits to make them mesh with the sprites.

the title and option screens are still up in the air atm, so if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears

Re: ScreenPack
#2  January 11, 2011, 01:06:03 am
    • Poland
I thought you making standard LV1, LV2 & LV3 supers so why 5 powerbars ? Personally i would like to see something more Budokai'ish but they looks fine.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#3  January 11, 2011, 01:29:15 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
because the bars I took those from had 5 slots, and 5 max bar is fine, just because they go to 3 levels in supers doesnt mean they have to have 3 bars,

also these bars are from budokai tenkaichi 2, and will have the same effect as the original budokai bars had by being transparent.
#4  January 11, 2011, 08:59:24 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
High res bars would look better with high-res portraits (maybe you're just showing a concept anyway). And faces look better than an ingame sprite.

About the select screen, what will you be using the fill in the black spot ?
#5  January 11, 2011, 12:09:11 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Agree on the HR portraits.

Quick, not done yet but coming along OK. Neo, please come up with what you want to do about the names. Above, below, not there at all? tbh, when it comes to 2 player you need to do something really different with the portraits. Maybe another special one for player 2 that's poking out behind p1's or something. You can define something other than 9000,0 every step of the way here. So you could have half and half heads in simul and have them joined to create a single head.

Turns dunno, probably 4 really small singleplayer portraits. Or 2 half and half heads. Obviously if you picked 2 vegeta's you'd get a single vegeta head.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  January 12, 2011, 05:34:05 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#7  January 12, 2011, 08:10:21 am
    • France
I'd say HR portraits DB Kai style.
Or even better, you code the portraits in the characters themselves, and have 3 portraits per character : 1 smiling (normal state), one with mounth open agressively (attacking), one mouth shut hurt (when getting hit), a bit like they did in this old DBZ game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVxuvef0hKU&feature=related
This would add interactivity and life, while not being overcomplicated to do.
#8  January 12, 2011, 09:12:21 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
so basically in the art style of the dbk intro? which is basically most of the art from all the video games from the current era(the budokai's) also about the select screen, I dont have any ideas as of yet to put in the back.

#9  January 13, 2011, 01:13:25 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
I Like the Game Good Luck!

Well about the portraits I Make something for you:

It Doesn't looks very well but is functional, in scale 0,5 looks nice :sugoi:

And I Think that the distance between the portrait and the lifebar should be shorter (In Normal Mode)
Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:32:42 am by [ƒıЯ£-ŁØřĐ]
#10  January 13, 2011, 01:53:54 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm not in a giant rush for the portraits, so I'd rather get something thats really nice looking than something thats just functional, thanks though. ;) as for the lifebars. I think they are fine the length they are.
#11  January 13, 2011, 05:35:18 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Well, if you use these distance, you can use custom portraits check this:
#12  January 13, 2011, 01:58:26 pm
    • Poland
To be honest I'm all for animated portraits but I'm kinda prefer sprite portraits over drawed ones. So I'm with neocide on this one.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#13  January 14, 2011, 11:49:18 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I actually have some  a friend showed me I'm going to use, just waiting for him to get back online to show you guys the design.  Also if anyone knows any good flash effect program (where I can make flash styled effects or somewhat cel shaded etc.)
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:11:41 am by Neocide

HQ

#14  January 19, 2011, 12:37:17 am
Hey guys, I am voidednumb and I am helpin' on the screenpack  :sugoi:

here some old concepts of the select screens:

an old mainscreen concept (in old screen size  --; )

here is an lifebar remake preview (in progress):

and here is the totally remade logo of Dragonball Kai: Allstars (also in progress, as you can clearly see on the dragon ;) )

so where do we need help:

I really need some help on the options and the main screen...do you guys have any good ideas???
#15  January 19, 2011, 01:50:33 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Hey guys, I am voidednumb and I am helpin' on the screenpack  :sugoi:
here some old concepts of the select screens:

I Like this but add more effects.... and use the same style portraits for all characters something like this for example

for Goku:

for Vegeta:

for Piccolo:
#16  January 19, 2011, 08:25:52 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
that was a older design for the select screen.

cy if you read this, the res for the game is 720 now so the bars can be bigger forgot to mention that
#17  January 20, 2011, 01:55:25 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
sigh, that means recoding and repositioning everything. Great, thanks, get me the new stuff whenever and i'll probably do something about it.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#18  January 26, 2011, 01:51:40 am
  • "let´s put a smile on that face"
    • www.gmugen.com/
hey there!

honestly the select screen, it doesnt convence me... I know u are working too hard alone, hope somebody of this site can help u, specially in this thing of SP.

My personal opinion, I would like see something more unique, your idea is not bad, but the images are too basic.

Maybe something like this select:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfheE2p6bD8

I mean the distribution, and style of select (not graphic), could be cool.

Anyways good luck with your game, is looking great.
Re: ScreenPack (Main Menu,Select Screen,Vs Screen)
#19  May 23, 2011, 09:44:32 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok I think everything for the screenpack is done,and here it all is.

I kept everything pretty simple, since well I'm doing it all myself, graphic wise.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#20  May 24, 2011, 03:02:27 pm
    • Poland
Wait so each form will be separate character ? I thought you will go for transformations snce that throw glitch is fixed in Mugen 1.0 It could be cool to have transformable characters done in right way.

On Topic:
Yes fairly simple design but I like it. No complains from me.  BTW I love game logo :P

#21  May 24, 2011, 03:45:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#22  May 24, 2011, 08:12:54 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Wait so each form will be separate character ? I thought you will go for transformations snce that throw glitch is fixed in Mugen 1.0 It could be cool to have transformable characters done in right way.

On Topic:
Yes fairly simple design but I like it. No complains from me.  BTW I love game logo :P

1.0 doesnt change anything with the throwing bug, thats a non existent problem in a game setup, but I dont want to make them anymore to be honest, they are useless.
#23  May 24, 2011, 09:50:50 pm
Actually makes sense with 3 Goku's and 3 Buu's. Also, that Yamcha looks Awesome. What is your Characters list now btw? Keep it up Neocide.
#24  June 01, 2011, 04:55:16 am
    • France
I don't understand your order layout on the select screen. Why not put the 3 Gokus on the same line or column ?
Also, it's Super Buu, not Boo. :P

It's simple indeed, but I like it too. I'd prefer having HR small portraits though, as it kinda clashes with the rest of the select screen to use LR sprites at double scale.
#25  June 08, 2011, 10:56:28 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Actually makes sense with 3 Goku's and 3 Buu's. Also, that Yamcha looks Awesome. What is your Characters list now btw? Keep it up Neocide.

Its going to be a roster of 16, goku(3), gohan, trunks Vegeta,Piccolo,16 and yamcha for the good guys and radditz,reccome,frieza,18,cell,fat boo and super boo. I removed kid boo because I want him to be redone, if roken happens to be able to do that I'll re add him in, as everyone else is just about done.
I also might add mystic gohan and broly as hidden bosses as well.

I don't understand your order layout on the select screen. Why not put the 3 Gokus on the same line or column ?
Also, it's Super Buu, not Boo. :P

It's simple indeed, but I like it too. I'd prefer having HR small portraits though, as it kinda clashes with the rest of the select screen to use LR sprites at double scale.

I put goku around because I was going for a sort of saga theme, but I didnt have alot of boo saga people so it looks out of place lol. Also I like boo more, since all of them are based on that all disney song "bibidi babadi boo" not "buu" :p

I think I'll do that with the hi res small portraits, I just dont want to use the same portraits for the small ones as the big ones, want them to be distinct but its hard finding images that all have the same style for so many people @_@
I'll think of something.
#26  June 11, 2011, 06:09:04 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
ok so a couple of points for people.

Sffv2 .bmp fonts KICK ASS. png transparency is not at all suitable for character sprites but fuckawesome for stages and screen packs. And mugen 1.1 is weird with positioning in the screenpack.

Still needs a little fiddling, but this displays with full colours, and i lose nothing in the fonts themselves. They ALL look good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPnqOroa-M
I need to make the pics move quicker, and remove the plain white thingy at the bottom of the border, don't need it.

#27  June 13, 2011, 01:10:06 am
    • France
Stupid question, as I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to screenpacks, but is this "Sffv2 .bmp fonts" for Mugen 1.0, or Mugen 1.1 only ?
Anyway, this is looking very sexy and crisp. :D
#28  June 13, 2011, 06:15:25 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
They work for 1.0 as well IIRC. But the display capability is more than 16bit in 1.1 so i get no colour loss at all in gradients etc.

Otherwise, SFFv2 bmp fonts are essentially, create SFF file with letters, do transparency the same way as normal, and letters are defined via numbers 0,65 is A for example. 0,66 is B, and so on. Seriously easy to make, edit, and alter if you cock up.

#29  June 13, 2011, 06:26:08 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Very smooth ability but, do you know when 1.1 will be available for others here at the guild. :sugoi:
#30  June 13, 2011, 01:46:16 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
No one knows when 1.1 will be released to the public. You'll have to wait til Elecbyte announces a date or 1.1 itself.  :(

Nice looking screen pack Neo, Cyanide. I like what I see.  :)

Goku seems a bit taller than what he would be on watch mode, but it looks great with him and Cell like that. The other guys may need to be move in a few more pixels so they aren't mostly cut off too. As long as their faces are on the screen. I know Neo already knows about that though.
#31  June 18, 2011, 02:46:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Title screen is now completed. Moving onto Select as soon as i get all the bits

#32  June 25, 2011, 05:48:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Neo is slack right now. So, quite a few place holders here. Namely the small portrait and the hackery i've done on a vegeta sprite for the stage box, as well as the stage displayed IN the box. And i would have liked a full 640x480 sprite for the background rather than the oddly sized one but i've worked around that. No vid this time, just an image

Fonts are still TTF cos they're easy to deal with, even if resizing them is silly. I still have to do the whole single/simul/turns menu.

#33  June 28, 2011, 06:26:50 pm
    • Netherlands
Pretty nice set-up. I couldn't help but notice the Vegeta sprite in that pic has black eyebrows, even though he has a yellow hair palette?
Eyebrows and hair is not shared in the palette?
#34  June 28, 2011, 10:42:07 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
That's one of the placeholders. I just pulled a sprite out of a vegeta i had and manually recoloured the hair. No palette stuff involved at all.

Correct sprites will be put in that spot when things are more final. I've had to do more workarounds than i like to make that function right. Most notably is that there is another vegeta portrait off to the left/right by about 100 pixels.

#35  June 28, 2011, 11:24:01 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yes the portraits are setup really friggin tricky... lol
#36  July 09, 2011, 06:51:26 pm
  • I...I thought violence would be the answer.
    • Canada
i did not see android 17 on the select screen :-\
is he in this game?
#37  July 09, 2011, 11:09:28 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
no one is shown in the select screen besides vegeta....

but no as of now 17 is out, his sheet is outdated, maybe in a update or something.
#38  July 21, 2011, 08:39:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Done with default screenpack. Hoping there are no further changes to make here. Also hoping that the next 1.1 comes with a couple of additional options for screenpacks (layerno for GODS SAKE) would be helpful. But calling it a day for now.

Lifebars (new design)
#39  August 07, 2011, 01:29:41 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
well there was some problems with the lifebars, so I decided to do some new ones, Thanks to Hoshi, he sent me some he had started,and I modified them some (added portrait spot,and other minor stuff) here's all three:

single-

Team -

Turns -
#40  August 07, 2011, 01:45:42 am
That looks so Awesome. Your effort and Spriting skills are Great man. İ really can't wait to see what The Results will Become. İ can see Your hard work since You detailed everything for This Game.
Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:53:50 am by DJ Track
Re: ScreenPack (Looking for help)
#41  June 14, 2012, 11:05:04 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Update- I'm currently looking for help in the screenpack area, what I need;

A new banner entitled "Dragonball Allstars" in various sizes

Lifebar concepts  I've tried a bunch of different ones, but I've not really liked most of them, and I'm trying to focus solely on sprites right now so I haven't been able to try anything else and won't

Select Screen Concept - I've made a few different ones, but I'm sort of in a rutt so if there's anyone out there who's got the chops to design one I'm all ears

to the persons whom help me I will let them try the base as long as they don't leak it.
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:10:03 pm by Neocide

NoZ

#42  June 14, 2012, 11:20:16 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
I can help you out,no problem
#43  June 14, 2012, 11:29:04 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
cool, can you show some examples of some stuff you've done?

NoZ

#44  June 15, 2012, 12:10:52 am
    • Puerto Rico
cool, can you show some examples of some stuff you've done?

sure,I am mainly known for my stages and from my screenpack EOF(Enemies of Fear)

winmugen version
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=118309.0

ver.2
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=123233.0

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=128603.0

1.0 (1280x720)
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=140397.0

and this my wip tread,currently working on a new screenpack thats got a few people exited its called WarZoNe
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=139754.0

and all my stages and other stuff is here
http://www.mediafire.com/index.php
#45  June 15, 2012, 12:50:39 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
in the words of daniel bryan YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!, I love that current wip  great great job, I could def use you on the screenpack entirely! :) lemme know when you have time and your msn and or whatever way we can communicate and we can discuss details and everything!

edit- seen your stage work, omg your like a godsend! if I got you images from the show you can hi res them and turn them into stages? if so I can get any and everything you need to help me.

Fuck yes, I'm actually over excited right now. FUCK YES.
Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:55:05 am by Neocide

NoZ

#46  June 15, 2012, 04:01:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
You can pm anytime man,I offered my help cause I was actually wanting to do something dbz related for quite some time,I saw your post and just went for it lol,but anything you need you pm me and we can brain storm,id give you my msn but honestly I don't use it lol,also I'm gonna start on a select screen first,so you can see what I can bring to the table
#47  June 15, 2012, 05:05:43 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
sure I pm'd you about the select and some other stuff, I have plenty of resources (pictures,backgrounds,music) so whatever you need that you don't have feel free to pm me too.

and again thank you so much for the help! It really is a big load off my back!

NoZ

#48  June 16, 2012, 11:48:11 pm
    • Puerto Rico
some progress,but this is very barebones but this is a start to work from here on

btw this is a mugen screenshot,not photoshop
#49  June 17, 2012, 12:10:23 am
    • Netherlands
We are already using Saiyan Font in Goku, mainly his Challenge Mode! Hehe
Looks very sexy, but I would do something else with the name, the make-up or the color, or the position.
I would do black text with a thick white stroke?
Maybe you can just discard the name completely. I mean, the huge-ass portraits kinda speak for themselves! :D
Perhaps have something of a timer or dragon radar in the middle, but I guess stage select comes there?
Looking awesome :)
#50  June 17, 2012, 12:16:53 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
from what I know the font atm is just the first phase of what he's going to do to it,

Maybe you can just discard the name completely. I mean, the huge-ass portraits kinda speak for themselves!

the portraits do, but not everyone who plays this might be familiar with every single character.
plus is looks weird without their names somewhere :p

NoZ

#51  June 17, 2012, 12:18:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
I like the dragon radar Idea Balthy,I really do :sugoi:
#52  June 17, 2012, 05:55:03 am
    • France
Gimme something more original! It's a fullgame.

Animated portraits, stage selection with images, odly shaped small portraits.

I'll aways love what Bardock was doing with his old screenpack : all big portraits contained in fact the small portraits of the other chars in black and white, and portraits cycled in placement. So each time you moved from a char to another, you had the impression the dragon had rotated :
http://87.img.v4.skyrock.net/870/mugendbz/pics/685400627.jpg
#53  June 17, 2012, 06:03:11 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Gimme something more original! It's a fullgame.

Animated portraits, stage selection with images, odly shaped small portraits.

I'll aways love what Bardock was doing with his old screenpack : all big portraits contained in fact the small portraits of the other chars in black and white, and portraits cycled in placement. So each time you moved from a char to another, you had the impression the dragon had rotated :
http://87.img.v4.skyrock.net/870/mugendbz/pics/685400627.jpg

I'm all for the oddly shaped small portraits. lol bardock's idea wasn't original though it was a rip off of budokai 3 :p
#54  June 17, 2012, 06:36:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ah, brilliant, and nicely enough similar to what i wanted to achieve (but lack the graphical patience to do) so cool.

Also means i don't have to do it, huzzah.

NoZ

#55  June 17, 2012, 06:55:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
I have never done anything fullgame related so this is goin to be quite the challenge,but I'm goin to give it my best,I know how to make animated small portraits,but I did not know you can do it for the big ones :???:
#56  June 17, 2012, 07:17:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Don't bother for the big ones, what cybaster means is that the small portraits are not shown and all sit on top of each other, the big portrait is the characters place on the wheel as well as the large portrait, each time you "swap" the wheel will appear to move. This is the best way to achieve animation, the GIANT MOTHERFUCKING CURSOR method is horrible.

#57  June 17, 2012, 10:20:51 am
Now just implement the gif animation in the background and a sprite of the char, like before, and it's done.
Trunks' small portrait comes from Budokai Tenkaichi 2, while the others come from renders, maybe you should use an unique portrait style, that's my suggestion.

NoZ

#58  June 17, 2012, 10:33:54 am
    • Puerto Rico
Now just implement the gif animation in the background and a sprite of the char, like before, and it's done.
Trunks' small portrait comes from Budokai Tenkaichi 2, while the others come from renders, maybe you should use an unique portrait style, that's my suggestion.

Eh nooo,trunks small portrait is not from budokai tenkaichi 2,it's not from any game at all
#59  June 17, 2012, 03:05:31 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
not to mention the fact that my select screen premise wouldn't work well with that, adding smaller sprites near the big one would just look off.  I actually like the simplicity myself for the small portraits.

just because its a fullgame doesn't necessarily mean the select screen needs to be super blinged out or anything.
#60  July 08, 2012, 07:32:48 pm
    • Japan
Will you make patch 640x480? I dont have widescreen.  :'(
Re: ScreenPack (Lifebars Concept)
#61  December 29, 2012, 03:42:58 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Iced came up with an idea for the lifebars. 

the aura is the actual life bar, when a person is hit they will show a get hit sprite. And when they do a super they will have a grin on their face or something. Also the lower the health the more damaged the main portrait of them will look. Ie power is at 50% and they have a bit of bruises etc.

15% will be the dizzy or tired sprite. and when it's 0% iced gave the idea of each person having something unique. Goku could act like he's having a heart attack, frieza could be sliced in half, cell could have his throw up face when he spit out 18. etc

or we could have a halo over their head when they die.

the aura's would clash when at full power. Partner bars could have them both in the aura side by side, with a different color for each person. the auras could be transparent and you could only see the edges sorta slashed down the middle. win icons I don't really know about.

suggestions and whatnot as this is still early in development.
#62  December 29, 2012, 10:56:45 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Chrome is not letting me view the first page of this topic.Malwares
It says someone or something from that page is linking to a malware site usuarios.lycos.es
#63  December 29, 2012, 11:10:33 am
Animated portraits? Like DBZ:Legends ?

About Win icons, Perfect Cell, for Perfect; but are you going with characters's faces? Because I had in mind something like DBZ:ME2.
That image made me laugh! ;D
#64  December 29, 2012, 11:33:49 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Chrome is not letting me view the first page of this topic.Malwares
It says someone or something from that page is linking to a malware site usuarios.lycos.es

just proceed, it's some bogus crap.

Animated portraits? Like DBZ:Legends ?

About Win icons, Perfect Cell, for Perfect; but are you going with characters's faces? Because I had in mind something like DBZ:ME2.
That image made me laugh! ;D

no not character faces, what you see is what you get in the mockup. everything will look like that, the effects for the aura and dragon balls will be better of course but thats the concept. Big heads like in legends I'm not a fan of.
#65  December 30, 2012, 05:19:33 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Hmmmmm
Sound good...
But you will made that with your lifebasr design you showed before?
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:26:36 am by Cruz-Ko Excahm
#66  December 30, 2012, 07:27:52 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#67  December 30, 2012, 07:51:44 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Doh....
Din`t saw that....
One question....
You will add transparency to the Aura no?.

Dunno maybe some blue lightings moving right to left may look cool.
#68  December 30, 2012, 10:55:09 am
Hey, I have an idea in mind.

Why don't you use the little sprites for the portraits in the lifebars? After all, you have finished them, or not? ;)
You just need to adjust their palette.

NoZ

Re: ScreenPack UPDATE
#69  January 05, 2013, 06:12:53 pm
    • Puerto Rico
UPDATE

New select screen,640x480,not finished yet,but getting there

#70  January 05, 2013, 07:02:38 pm
    • France
:o
NICE !!!

Only thing I'd complain about is Piccolo (and maybe Buu) having thicker outlines that the other portraits, ruining consistency a little.
#71  January 05, 2013, 07:13:21 pm
That rocks!

NoZ

#72  January 05, 2013, 07:21:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Ty,inspiration came from the dragon radar,the sounds are goin to be from the dragon radar too,art is not final but the small portraits are goin to be animated
#73  January 05, 2013, 08:38:14 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sweet mother of Hot Sauce!
#74  January 05, 2013, 09:17:41 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Yea I pm'd you how awesome it is. But yes. It's great. Might need to axe out bojack and super buu for fat buu and ginyu. Otherwise though this is coming along nicely.
#75  January 05, 2013, 09:28:37 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Coming along nicely is right!!!
Great job!
#76  January 05, 2013, 09:45:09 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Also forgot to mention when you do trunks he's not going to have his jacket. only the tank top + sword
Re: ScreenPack UPDATE
#77  January 05, 2013, 09:47:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
UPDATE

New select screen,640x480,not finished yet,but getting there

goku might look better as the center piece. You have five heroes that could be the center cross, with everyone else being around them.
#78  February 04, 2013, 09:54:43 pm
#79  August 15, 2013, 01:51:59 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Been working on the lifebars with Hoshi, pretty simple but I like how they came out:

The radar will animate like a sonar does, and the team bars will have a second portrait next to the first, turns I dunno yet, fuck turns.
#80  August 15, 2013, 04:33:17 pm
You now have:
- 1 place for portrait (with 2 eyes) for vs (1 vs 1)
- 2 places for portraits (with 2 eyes) for simul (2 vs 2);

you could make:
- 4 places for portraits (with 1 eye, in other words, make the small portrait a half) for turns (4 vs 4).

Not bad at all, but the small box under the dragon radar... it can't be seen that well.
Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:37:45 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#81  August 15, 2013, 05:19:35 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
it's not meant to be seen, it's just there to kill that small space, I got turns and teams worked out, I made the portraits a little bigger too;

#82  August 23, 2013, 02:53:28 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
 Neat scouter idea lol

Perhaps you could have the dragon balls on the energy meter change while corresponding to the energy levels? Like the dragon ball becomes the third one when you have 3 energy stocks
#83  August 23, 2013, 02:59:58 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Agreed, the scouter was a nice idea.
Perhaps you could have the dragon balls on the energy meter change while corresponding to the energy levels? Like the dragon ball becomes the third one when you have 3 energy stocks
Idk that'd be a little excessive imo, plus what's the point if it doesnt go up to 7? :P
#84  August 23, 2013, 03:02:37 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
Good point. Just trying to bring up some ideas though :llama:
#85  August 23, 2013, 03:05:28 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I did that already, I made them up to 5.
#86  August 23, 2013, 07:34:37 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
Sounds good :smug:

lows

#87  September 02, 2013, 02:48:33 pm
for me it's awesome for your game.
#88  September 07, 2013, 09:48:46 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
it's not meant to be seen, it's just there to kill that small space, I got turns and teams worked out, I made the portraits a little bigger too;

I have alot of Nostalgia Inside of me. I have an Idea everytime a person ingame gains a Powerbar the amount of Stars on the DragonBall Increase and when you have 5 Full Bars you have Lightning Surging through the power and lifebar every 5 Seconds with 3 different Animations for each character while they have their color that represents their Aura like Vegeta's Purple, Cell's Pink, Gohan's Yellow, Goku's Blue and Kid and Super Buu's is Dark Purple while Majin Buu's is Light Blue or Auqa Green
#89  September 07, 2013, 11:56:17 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
there's no buu's and doing the aura thing would have to be put into each character instead of the lifebars. The lightning surging I might be able to pull off though. Also the balls will change every power level, I already made that part.
#90  September 08, 2013, 01:57:02 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Oh good so Blue for P1 and Red for P2 or other way around?
#91  September 08, 2013, 03:32:48 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm not going to go that far, as I don't know if I really can, Just one color on both.
#92  October 28, 2013, 01:50:44 am
  • desista da ideia de me fazer desistir
    • Brazil
    • d10skull@gmail.com
    • http://www.mugen-king.blogspot.com
Muito Bom!

Bem Criativo o Slect Character, junto com a stage.
"" http://imageshack.us/a/img51/1207/mtnk.jpg ""

"Quando alguém te machuca, você sente ódio e quando você machuca alguém, você fica amargo, mas se sente culpado também. Conhecer a dor nos ajuda a crescer, a madurecer e crescer significa ser capaz de pensar e tomar decisões próprias."
(Naruto)
#93  October 28, 2013, 08:47:23 am
English please, this is an international forum.

"Very good!
The Select Character is very creative, together with a stage."

At least that's what I understood.
#94  October 29, 2013, 05:28:08 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
#95  October 29, 2013, 11:07:39 am
English please, this is an international forum.
uhm?
Ok, I'll just post in Italian then.
My point is: since everyone is from different countries/states and all have different languages, English is the language that should be used outside of the "International" board, to communicate with others. Now, do you understand?
Otherwise, going by your statement, I should post in Italian everywhere.

By the way, the game is made for 1.1.
Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:23:29 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#96  January 06, 2014, 06:27:28 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm going to code the lifebars tonight with the whole sonar animation as well. I'll show screenshots when it's finished.

I have to talk to NoZ again about the rest of the screenpack, I have no idea what we were doing again.

edit- after starting on these, I realized how friggin time consuming it is and very very backtracky (having to close mugen and then reopen it to test every little thing is horrible) I'm going to ask here, if someone would be willing to finish these off for me, and as a thank you, I'll give a beta of the secret character as well as any other character I do thereafter.

I so don't have the patience for this.
Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:42:01 am by Neocide
#97  March 24, 2016, 09:54:36 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
If anyone has any ideas or concepts for the menu screen and\or anything else SP related(that's not the select screen or lifebars) it would be awesome right now. Little stumped atm. Trying to get a build together for a release mid\late summer.

And help is hard to come by, also for ref, SP will be 480p with 720p attributes. Trying to keep the SP somewhat simple in design
#98  March 25, 2016, 01:47:25 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Well, I could try something, but since the image showing the select screen is not loading, can be a little tricky do something without references.
If you can send me a shot or the whole select screen I could try complete the SP.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#99  March 25, 2016, 02:12:36 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Select screen wasn't done, I already had someone making a design for it which is why I left it out, I can send you a pm of what we were aiming for tho. If you want to try your hand at it.
#100  March 25, 2016, 02:38:12 am
  • Rurouni Fan
Sure, let's do this.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#101  April 23, 2016, 01:20:47 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I currently need someone to hi res my lifebars. If you can drop me a pm and I'll send it off.
#102  April 23, 2016, 05:00:22 am
  • Rurouni Fan
Tell me, do you --  :S
Wait a second. A non-revised edit (P1 side) -Yes or No?

Did you play the new