YesNoOk

Should Weed Be Legal? (Read 10878 times)

Started by StormEX, April 14, 2011, 01:06:24 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Chose one:

Yes
15 (34.9%)
No
14 (32.6%)
Yes, but with limited use.
7 (16.3%)
It wont make a difference. I'll still smoke the shit!
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Re: Should Weed Be Legal?
#81  April 16, 2011, 06:11:35 am
Maybe he's trying to remind us that it can kill. (caffeine)
But I don't think he knew that.
#82  April 16, 2011, 06:13:49 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Yup, caffeine is a stimulant, so it's considered a drug.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#83  April 16, 2011, 06:14:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
You guys are really arguing whether pot should be called a drug or not? Why does it matter? The point of smoking pot is to get high. Pot smokers, we know you want people to look less negatively on your drug of choice. But people already know it's not the same as cocaine or heroin or meth though. Anyone who makes a direct comparison should be discredited and the only reason they aren't is because of stubborn people who refuse to accept what pot is.

It has the same level of addiction as masturbating. You can get addicted to the euphoria the same as with sex, and stopping it is a matter of wanting to end it versus your desire for the feeling you get from it and the negative effects it has on your life.

Personally as a non smoker, I hate being around pot smoke. It sucks being around friends you like and having to avoid them because what they do hurts your throat. The same with cigarettes. I would selfishly like them both illegal until we have a way to eliminate or alter the smoke that's released when using either. That's the only objection I have to either.

You do know that weed is a plant right. Please tell me the difference between marijuana and lettuce. If weed is chemical to you, then what the fuck is lettuce.

And I was responding to you and her, obviously lack of recognition that you define anything as a drug. If tomorrow the culture calls lettuce a drug, then it suits the definition of one.

This is a stupid arguement though because heroin and cocaine are synthesised from naturally occuring chemicals produced by plants. The difference between lettuce and marijuana is lettuce does not contain THC.
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:21:08 am by Caddie
#84  April 16, 2011, 06:15:42 am
  • I got a PM.
So ban poppy seeds then?

Never mind. This is getting ridiculous.
#85  April 16, 2011, 06:19:29 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
No but saying "weed is a plant, it's the same as lettuce! Plants aren't harmful!" is a stupid arguement for those reasons.
#86  April 16, 2011, 06:20:26 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
not entirely true. Caffeine would be the drug, not coffee.
#87  April 16, 2011, 07:23:54 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Weed is so misunderstood :'(
#88  April 16, 2011, 07:30:52 am
  • I got a PM.
No but saying "weed is a plant, it's the same as lettuce! Plants aren't harmful!" is a stupid arguement for those reasons.

I never said that weed is not harmful, Although, it is comparable to the harm caused by eating cookies and other foods.

I was trying to prove a point about how something is labeled as a drug or immoral, asked them to define "drug" without including things that are legal, and the morons decided that they would fucking go ahead and have a definition that include things that are labeled as foods then revise their argument while suggesting there was something wrong with my smarts as a defense to their obvious lack of reading comprehension.

My point

Lets break it down for you.... Define the word drug, but make sure that your definition does not include things that are legal. When you get done with that definition, see if weed fits in. It won't.

Right now your brain says, weed = drug and drugs = heroin coke and speed. The problem is weed does not equal heroin or the others. If I label roses as weeds, would you pull them from the garden because they are going to kill the other flowers?

Tempest with her usual condensing tone.

A drug is something that is absorbed by the body that alters the functions of it. It's a drug. And a controlled substance generally refers to a drug (and one that is regulated by government), so you can stop using that to "defend" the categorization of Marijuana now.

Her condensing attempt to prove her point.

She was talking to me. She just defined food as drug.

Edit. Air and water too
Digestion and respiration are normal bodily functions. Food, air and water don't alter your body's normal functions. Thought you were smarter than that, sorry for not clarifying.

Her definition became "normal bodily functions" as opposed to "absorbed by the body that alters the functions of it." But of course this still leaves coffee and cigarettes which are legal so her point is still moot.

Then I was told chemical, which lettuce has.

I hope now my point is clear. I apologize if I didn't make myself clear enough the first three times.

It is labeled a drug and immoral for no reason at all. This is my point and has been since the start.
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:53:57 am by Shamrock
#89  April 16, 2011, 07:59:30 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
In response to either pot being called a chemical or a drug(can't really tell what you were denouncing), you said this:

You do know that weed is a plant right. Please tell me the difference between marijuana and lettuce. If weed is chemical to you, then what the fuck is lettuce.

You compared weed to lettuce, suggesting that because it was a plant that they are the same thing. Cannibus produces the chemical THC that when smoked causes a physchoactive effect on the brain. Lettuce does not.

Sure, you could seperate the high inducing chemicals produced from the plant from the plant itself and then say "THC is a drug, marijuana is just a plant". But people smoke pot to get high from the THC, not to inhale burnt leaves from the plant.

I still don't understand why people care that it's called a drug. The association with harder drugs doesn't end with the name.

Cap

#90  April 16, 2011, 08:03:04 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Caddie, logic stops when someone powers on a computer.
#91  April 16, 2011, 08:05:41 am
  • I got a PM.
You want to know what is immoral?

1. People getting prison time for getting high.
2. The effect that outlawing something that is a billion dollar a year industry. When they banned alcohol, Gangs ran wild and gangsters became rich and loved by everyday people. This is the same thing that happens now.

By banning these things, we are killing Mexicans and causing organized crime inside the united states.

But some people want to talk about morality of ingesting a fucking plant.

At caddie, he was defining stuff that had chemicals as drugs. I should have used coffee as the example which also affects the brain. Not that lettuce doesn't also affect the brain, but you are right it doesn't get you high. But cigarettes do and so does beer and so does holding your breath for a really long time. Knock knock, context is at the door, I thought I made my point clear enough, but if you wish to pursue my comment's logic and not Tempest's comments vs reading comprehension then I will say you are playing favorites or high.
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:10:20 am by Shamrock
#92  April 16, 2011, 08:15:55 am
#93  April 16, 2011, 08:21:40 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Just saw what you added on to that above post, there is a reason for it being called a drug. Even though what a drug is is pretty loosely defined, drugs basically ARE any substance that when absorbed into you body alter normal bodily function. What is your definition of a drug? Anything that does that but isn't pot? No one is argueing that the caffeine in coffee ISN'T a drug.

Think for a second about why you want to disassociate marijuana with the word drug. It's because of a negative connotation that comes from the word, and you don't believe that the drug is harmful or immoral. That's not what drug means though. Drug has a strong positive connotation too in the form of beneficial medication. The reason why there is a negative stigma towards pot is because the primary purpose of the drug is to get high.

No I don't agree with the way Tempest says stuff like "you look stupid", and I have argued with her in the past, but there is a reason why I haven't gone to point what's wrong with what she said. It's because THC is a drug and THC is what you're getting high from when you smoke pot. I have not said anything about pot smokers being immoral, nor have I justified people being jailed for using it. Just that it's a drug and that it's not lettuce and "it's just a plant same as all plants" is a stupid arguement.
#94  April 16, 2011, 08:23:50 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Like I said Before: Marijuana Is very Misunderstood drug. People Don't look at alcohol an think about how much greater its effects are then Marijuana. Honesty If everybody that did all that other shit(crack, PCP, ect) just smoked Marijuana, there would be a whole lot less shit going on in the world. :P
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:36:54 am by StormEX
#95  April 16, 2011, 08:30:12 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
For the record, the first one to use the phrase "you look stupid" was the loveable oaf Shamrock.

Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:34:05 am by TempesT
#96  April 16, 2011, 08:34:20 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
People Don't look at alcohol, an say "This is killing hundreds of people every day"

Yes they do. There are many opponents of achocol, and I would say a general opinion of alcohol IS that alcohol abuse kills many people daily.

If I remember correctly Obama Also smoked Marijuana, an he's the president now so it had NO effect on him like alcohol would have.

President Obama has smoked pot. In fact he had a pretty funny answer when asked about it "I did inhale. That was the point". But come on, "Obama smoked pot and he's President so pot is good" is a logical fallacy. If you can say that then you can say "Bush snorted coke and he became President so coke is good". Not that it was ever proven that Bush snorted coke. It's just the two are unrelated.

For the record, the first one to use the phrase "you look stupid" was the loveable oaf Shamrock.

I wouldn't doubt it, I typically cringe when either of you talk down that way. I see a lot of "go away you don't know what you're talking about" on the fighting game boards from you so I assumed. I'm sorry. :(
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:37:25 am by Caddie
#97  April 16, 2011, 08:39:54 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Just throwing it out there. If bush snorted coke, I'm pretty sure people would stop snorting coke all together
#98  April 16, 2011, 08:41:22 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I see a lot of "go away you don't know what you're talking about" on the fighting game boards from you

You need to update your sources!

#99  April 16, 2011, 08:42:43 am
  • I got a PM.
Bush also did coke. He also had a DUI. Clinton kinda said he smoked. Definition of what is is.

Reagan was so paranoid of comees that he most likely was tweeking. That is a joke, please nobody take it seriously and say how stupid it is.
#100  April 16, 2011, 08:50:16 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Shamrock I am actually mad at how either you don't understand or are purposely being non responsive of the points I've brought up, and from the non-points you're redirecting from the conversation. Before you didn't want pot to be called a drug and that's what you were argueing with TempesT. That's what I was countering. I never said it was immoral. I never said that drugs were immoral.

Whether or not Pot has THC has nothing to do with it being immoral, which is what I was talking about. So you are jumping to the middle of debate and starting with stupid argument, but that argument still supports mine in the context of it not being immoral. Again, change it to tobacco or sugar, or some of the shit they add to fast food if you like.

What the fuck does this have to do with how you don't want weed refered to as a drug? Or the post I quoted and argued with about weed being a plant that's exactly the same as lettuce and that's why it's NOT a drug(your words)? Is it that drugs are automatically immoral and that's why you don't think pot is a drug? I never said anything about tobacco or sugar being or not being a drug and no one is argueing that but you. Just because something is a drug doesn't make it immoral and god dammit I will be pissed at you if you completely ignore everything I said again. Not that there is any consequence for me being pissed but I thought that you should know. >:(

Oh and I'm also going to mod your last post for what you said about Tempest. Not because I'm "siding with Temptest" or whatever, but because it was completely uncalled for. It was either that or delete it and I thought you'd rather keep it there.

I'd forgotten that Obama has snorted coke. I remember him saying that now. I coulda just said that instead of bringing Bush in on this. Whoops. :X

Tempest: Hold on I'll get some examples in a moment.

Edit: Wow. First of all, you have NOT been argumentative in fighting games at all for a long ass time, and looking back when you were, the people you talked to like "just leave you don't know what you're talking about" mostly deserved what you were saying to them(though there still are cases that were uncalled for). I don't know why it stuck to me in the way that it did, I misjudged you. My apologies.
Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:02:23 pm by Caddie