YesNoOk

What is warehousing & what's bad about it? (Read 27105 times)

Started by Animugen, November 02, 2007, 08:03:45 am
Share this topic:
Re: What is warehousing & what's bad about it?
#301  November 24, 2007, 12:55:30 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#302  November 24, 2007, 02:38:16 am
  • much love to r. kelly
Am I the only one here who finds this neither amusing nor funny, but, in fact, stupid?

I do.

It's relevant already from DizzySoldier's posts that this isn't really going anywhere. At all. And it's already been discussed numerous times in the past.
#303  November 24, 2007, 08:44:19 pm
After reading this whole thread from the begginning,I have to say this is one funny ass thread :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To me I dont think it was stupid,it was just disagreements and people having different opinions about warehouses.

I havent really been on that long so I dont know how often it was talked about in the past?I think the topics like these be interesing though cuz its good to hear people's opinion about warehouses,leechers,leakers,stolen characters etc.

I'll admit there was some insults at this thread but overall This is still one funny ass thread! :laugh:

Try reading it over,you gotta admit there was some amusing posts in this thread lol

#304  November 26, 2007, 05:41:40 pm
  • Not cheap, just misunderstood
    • USA
A "warehouse" is a huge smorgsaboard of characters and files.  The main purpose of the warehouse is to supply rare, secret, and discontinued characters so that anyone can get them.

There are several downsides to a warehouse:

1.  It steals from the authors.  That's the top case.
2.  You may never know what you're going to get with your characters.  Often, you may end up with a broken character.
3.  Anyone who uses a warehouse for their characters is considered "stupid" in the community.

I'll admit: I DID go to a warehouse once.  I wasn't fond of it, but I had no option to get a character.
Nothing to present... yet.  I am a horrible procastinator.
#305  November 26, 2007, 06:17:09 pm
  • corner push pusher
I'll admit: I DID go to a warehouse once.  I wasn't fond of it, but I had no option to get a character.

I really don't see why people are so up in arms about warehousing.

I go to warehousing sites to look for whatever the hell I need to look for either because the official site doesn't host it anymore (i.e., Shin Kazuma) or I'm restricted access (library is my pipeline for the web)....and I have no shame in my game. All this warehousing (and the stupid "policing" that follows it) nonsense reminds me of when the legitimacy issue of file-sharing progs/mp3s was all people could bitch about back in 2001-2002.

As long as the official authors do what they're suppose to do in keeping their creations fresh, readily-available and in the public's eye, there isn't really any reason to bitch. You know what you made, and so will the public. Let the leechers play with outdated chars - It's their loss.

On the flipside, there are some actual decent fighters that are only available through warehousing sites thanks to authors pulling their creations....then we have to play into the hands of the ridiculous "secret mugen sect"-type bullshit that goes on in trying to get the chars (i.e., Jackie Chan).

Um.....yeah. I made my point somewhere in there.
#306  November 26, 2007, 08:02:02 pm
I really don't see why people are so up in arms about warehousing.
Try reading the fucking topic, blockhead, everything's in there.
Newsflash, you're not the only one on the Internet. Just because you like it, doesn't mean other people like it too.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#307  November 28, 2007, 04:28:06 am
  • I like ladybugs
Warehouses are great. Just keep the characters up to date, and it's a good warehouse. Mugen creators don't have anything to complain about. You can't steal what's free. You can get all the leaked characters and characters with stolen code that all the other places bitch about. Besides, with a warehouse the creator can't close his site and get rid of everything.
"For some reason, goblin fighting school isn't as crowded on day two." ~ Goblin Taskmaster
#308  November 28, 2007, 04:32:44 am
    • Germany
1.  It steals from the authors.  That's the top case.
2.  You may never know what you're going to get with your characters.  Often, you may end up with a broken character.
3.  Anyone who uses a warehouse for their characters is considered "stupid" in the community.

Wow, except for the first line you completely invalidate your point there :lugoi:

I havent really been on that long so I dont know how often it was talked about in the past?

HUNDREDS of pages... Seriously, all threads taken together we're easily at 200 pages... not that any of it really changed anything. But some people seemingly just can't get enough of this discussion... :P
#309  November 28, 2007, 04:34:48 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Warehouses are great. Just keep the characters up to date, and it's a good warehouse. Mugen creators don't have anything to complain about. You can't steal what's free. You can get all the leaked characters and characters with stolen code that all the other places bitch about. Besides, with a warehouse the creator can't close his site and get rid of everything.
trolling wont take you very far, you just going to piss people off even more
><wish i was allowed to flame and go off into a rant><
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#310  November 28, 2007, 04:37:21 am
  • I like ladybugs
I'm not trolling. Mugen creators are a pretty worthless, emo lot. They can be easily replaced. Any retard with any skill at programming can make an arcade perfect character. The only reason people even like certain guys is because half the creators are too stupid to even do that. Oh yeah, and you want to worship them for making Hyper Evil Ken version #9836.
"For some reason, goblin fighting school isn't as crowded on day two." ~ Goblin Taskmaster
#311  November 28, 2007, 04:38:53 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
as i said: troll, your bringing nothing new to the table your stating stuff just to piss people off how is that not trolling
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#312  November 28, 2007, 04:43:20 am
    • Germany
I'm not trolling. Mugen creators are a pretty worthless, emo lot. They can be easily replaced. Any retard with any skill at programming can make an arcade perfect character.

Well basically yeah, I suppose any healthy human could make a arcade perfect character.

However, it takes effort. And not everyone can bring up enough motivation to go through with it (the amount of required effort varies with the intelligence of people, too), plus everyone's got to start somewhere - to produce a 100% accurate character, you need a lot of know-how which you can't get in one day, and few are willing to invest that much of their time.

That does make them in no way worthless though, that's just you trolling. Asshole.

DMK

#313  November 28, 2007, 04:45:00 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
And 100% means going into the games physics, scaleing to the correct amount for the character sprites and FX.

Correct hitvels, correct movement.

Not every characters plugging in states and triggers.
#314  November 28, 2007, 05:13:18 am
  • I like ladybugs
I'm not trolling. Mugen creators are a pretty worthless, emo lot. They can be easily replaced. Any retard with any skill at programming can make an arcade perfect character.

Well basically yeah, I suppose any healthy human could make a arcade perfect character.

However, it takes effort. And not everyone can bring up enough motivation to go through with it (the amount of required effort varies with the intelligence of people, too), plus everyone's got to start somewhere - to produce a 100% accurate character, you need a lot of know-how which you can't get in one day, and few are willing to invest that much of their time.

That does make them in no way worthless though, that's just you trolling. Asshole.

The problem is they pour effort into various retarded characters. For all the versions of Goku using sprites from the SNES games, not once has anyone actually made a character that plays remotely like the ones from those very games. I apologize, I might just be mad at bad creators.
#315  November 28, 2007, 05:16:51 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

The problem is they pour effort into various retarded characters. For all the versions of Goku using sprites from the SNES games, not once has anyone actually made a character that plays remotely like the ones from those very games. I apologize, I might just be mad at bad creators.

Some care for accuracy, others don't, and some fail at accuracy. It happens.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#316  November 28, 2007, 05:18:41 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Then doesn't that prove that not just anyone knowing how to program can make an arcade perfect character?

Or, so far in the 8 years of mugen history a "retard with the skill to program" has not come along.

Character making is easy. Making something accurate is bloody hell.

Though I don't know what this has to do with warehousing. Also to note, as far as I know, people do not get mad at others for downloading things from a warehouse.

They get mad at the people that make the warehouses.
#317  November 28, 2007, 08:03:47 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I'm not trolling. Mugen creators are a pretty worthless, emo lot. They can be easily replaced. Any retard with any skill at programming can make an arcade perfect character. The only reason people even like certain guys is because half the creators are too stupid to even do that. Oh yeah, and you want to worship them for making Hyper Evil Ken version #9836.

Actually, they can't be easily replaced. Remove them (ie the people who HELP) then everyone is learning from scratch. Congrats, you've set character development back 8 years. Everyone who wants to start will be learning from KFM or won't understand the code they're copy pasting and won't have anyone to ask. You'll have more shit made in 2 months than you get now. Oh and it'll be about 3 years before it improves to the point where it's actually worth playing.

You tried yet? If you say "i don't have time" you fail, most of us do this in our spare time anyway. 10 minutes here, half an hour there, it adds up. Not having time = people shouldn't comment on things like skill or how long unless they're willing to go through the whole process themselves.

Feel free to comment on the quality, but don't badmouth someone for something you're unwilling to experience.

I prefer databases. They stay up to date in a much better fashion. Least if i go there i know i'm getting the most up to date character, i can find it without digging through shit, and i'll know who actually MADE it. Downloading Ryu by shinorochiman69 doesn't really sound like a good idea, shame there might be a good character under there thats made by someone who i recognise.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#318  November 28, 2007, 10:00:49 am
Oh yeah, and you want to worship them for making Hyper Evil Ken version #9836.
The problem is they pour effort into various retarded characters.
Uh... ? Are you blind or just fucking stupid ?
Those you flame for wanting to be called great are those who put effort into making proper characters. Those who make retarded characters like Hyper Evil Ken version #9836 precisely don't throw a tantrum about how much effort they put into it.

So, you're flaming the entirity of people who create anything by blaming half of them for the faults of the other half and vice-versa. But nothing about what each half does good ? (the "retarded" half not complaining about warehouses, the "dedicated" half not posing around with retarded characters)
Now that's what it is to be an imbecile, talking out of your ass about something you don't know jack shit about.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#319  November 28, 2007, 08:58:10 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Not every characters plugging in states and triggers.

That's why it's funner to go for original stuff. You won't be pressured to be accurate, just judged on if the character plays well, which, based on experience, you'd have to be extremely negligent or egotistical to make something that doesn't.
#320  November 28, 2007, 11:33:55 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Emo? News to me. And you know some people acttually make stuff because they enjoy it. Why would I want to be making heavily SF2-influenced stuff now when that's entirely out of vogue if all I wanted was "worship"?