YesNoOk

Why do creators cancel their W.I.P's if their character gets leaked? (Read 44995 times)

Started by hotreezy, November 28, 2007, 08:52:40 pm
Share this topic:
Why do creators cancel their W.I.P's if their character gets leaked?
#1  November 28, 2007, 08:52:40 pm
I wanted to know why would a creator cancel working on they character if he gets leaked?To me thats giving the leaker pure satisfaction and letting him get the last laugh.Im be honest,I never made and dont know how to make a character but I would be damn if I let some leaker leak my character and then I stop working on the character.
Thats basically like letting the leaker laugh right in your face.He gets the last laugh,last smile and it also makes him happy because he has accomplished his mission.Thats why I feel that more peoples characters is getting leaks.Thats why some leakers post silly comments when they leak character like "hahahahaha" or some other silliness because they are enjoying what they do.

If somebody would leak my character That would drive me even more to make my character even better to make that leaker feel real stupid.

Let me know what yall think??
Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 04:30:41 pm by Sepp
Re: Why do creators cancel there W.I.P's if they character gets leaked?
#2  November 28, 2007, 08:59:13 pm
  • Za Warudo!
They wanted to (this is an assumtption) build up hype and get more downloads, but since people see what it is, it's like "What the hell?" Might as well not even do it.
#3  November 28, 2007, 09:16:55 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
som cancel because "you're impatient and got it when you're not supposed to. now you won't get it when its done cause you couldn't wait"

then again others do it soley for the whole "I have the newer version, you don't. Ego+5!" factor

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#4  November 28, 2007, 09:18:32 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
If somebody would leak my character That would drive me even more to make my character even better to make that leaker feel real stupid.

Let me know what yall think??

It's easy to say, if it happen to me, when you just said you are inexperienced in the character making field due to you not likely knowing how it feels. Many creators spent countless hours to put the amount of work and effort into their projects. Some may share their works in a private basis with select individuals for beta testing purposes or if they choose to before making it a public release but to find your works being distributed by an outside source other than yourself after all of the work you put into creating as well its being distributed before you plan on releasing it will make any creator get pissed off. I don't care if they say, oh well fuck it and move on.

Thats Bullshit.

But there are some that wont go into a frenzy and a rant in almost every mugen forum like a select few but still they are just as pissed off as those that fall in that category.
#5  November 28, 2007, 09:34:31 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Personally, I wouldn't say that people shouldn't care if their stuff gets leaked. But they shouldn't cancel. Yes, I understand the amount of time it takes to make most Mugen characters, having experienced it myself. And if I were to pass out a private beta, just to have it leaked, sure, I'd get mad.

But would I be mentally prepared for it? Of course.

Would I act like something like this would never happen to me? No.

Some creators fail to see that this is the internet, and that the internet as we know it is composed of assholes.

So get mad. Let the anger out. Just don't let your hard work all be done for nothing.

Someone has your incomplete beta? Okay. That's bad. But what's stopping you from *ever* completing it? The only reasons I can really see are ego and pride.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#6  November 28, 2007, 10:18:39 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Sometimes it can be punishment. Specially if the beta causes a lot of hype and people ask for the completed one.

"haha you'll never get it now" Is really quite effective punishment for the gits who leak it in the first place, sure it enhances the "creators are mean" mentality. But you have to remember when it comes to releases it's ALWAYS creator choice. They don't have to but they do. When you abuse their trust, they remove your enjoyment, sometimes.

The rest of us don't give our stuff to people who might leak it. You realise there are the unknown asses who treat this as a life or death thing and MUST have EVERYTHING, to the extent they lie and spend time bruteforcing zip passwords and shit. Creators may be petty for removing their work from the public eye but some "leechers" are too obsessive and need a good smacking.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#7  November 28, 2007, 10:28:00 pm
    • Germany
#8  November 28, 2007, 10:32:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think nobody cares that much, them leechers( those that bruteforce stuff) are a group with short attention spawn, before you even finish your work they are already drooling over some flashing led in the corner.
Whilst I understand the sensation of "fuck that beta tester betrayed me!" can turn someone off( and believe me, I have feared such in occasions, although with art instead of mugen chars) the final project doesnt lose worth.( You should however track down whoever leaked it and excise them from your group of contacts with whom to deal beta testing )
#9  November 28, 2007, 10:53:22 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
People wouldn't even care about said "private betas" if people weren't whoring them out in the first place anyway. I remember prior to the Blaque leak, every beta tester who had her was showing her off in one form or another (be it through screenshots or youtube videos). IIRC, Blaque was in fact scheduled for a public release at some point in time.

Also it depends on who's passing out betas, what the betas are, and who is getting them. For instance, nobody leaked the Bonkers beta I was passing out a month before I released it. ::)
#10  November 28, 2007, 10:55:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I really dislike youtube videos of "AHA I HAVE THIS"
It reminds me all those screenshots of a gohan for some old project ( zgteam or something) that eventually, someone, just to piss them off, picked up all the screenshots and stuff from their "private beta" and made a character out of it.
#11  November 28, 2007, 11:00:32 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Guys, guys, why such the long winded answers?

The answer to this is simple:

It's a "F@CK YOU" to people who leaked their wip in the first place.

And also since they have things that cannot be duplicated that were supposed to be in the character, it's a "haha you got exactly what you deserve: complete and udder shit."

People like me feel bad for creators that have their crap stolen (especially if it compells them to leave the mugen community) but we support their right to do whatever they want. As in, deny ignorant people crap they'd suck a person's d*ck for.
#12  November 28, 2007, 11:03:38 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Yeah it is a creator's choice, I'm just saying that said creators wouldn't even have this problem if they weren't showing said characters off and uploading them to private web sites that apparently can get hacked (at least that's the story for Dark Storm K).
#13  November 28, 2007, 11:05:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Or trying to state a further more elaborate fuck you in the form of constant videos and whatsnot, which gets their "fake" friends to try to get an hold of it.
#14  November 28, 2007, 11:06:13 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
People wouldn't even care about said "private betas" if people weren't whoring them out in the first place anyway. I remember prior to the Blaque leak, every beta tester who had her was showing her off in one form or another (be it through screenshots or youtube videos). IIRC, Blaque was in fact scheduled for a public release at some point in time.
fucking BINGO

thats pretty mucht the PERFECT example to use, and one such case where the leak, itself, was Karma. "OMG BLAQUE WAS LEAKED SWITCH FROM WHORE MODE TO BITCH MODE."...

thats nice, thats also what happens when you pull a "Borats Sister" on people...

#15  November 28, 2007, 11:09:15 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That point i agree totally on and have made it a couple of times.

If something is meant to be private keep it that way. If you wish to announce a wip, announce it, if you don't, don't.

It's always a good idea to know who your real friends are too. I mean, if you don't want something leaked don't give it to occassional acquaintance #5 who happens to be being nice and talkative with you today.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#16  November 28, 2007, 11:15:15 pm
Uh.
Snake, Iced...
Eli never whore out Blaque.
Others did.
Morons.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#17  November 28, 2007, 11:15:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Im not talking about Blaque.
I even pointed out an example of a Gohan.

But still, these OTHERS, were being morons.
You got acess to a private and your attitude is whoring it out everywhere to show you are special?
#18  November 28, 2007, 11:33:44 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
Uh.
Snake, Iced...
Eli never whore out Blaque.
Others did.
Morons.

no, he didn't, in fact please highlight my post and point out the part where i said "Eli whored out blaque". My post was refering more to the fact that Elis situation involved other people taking his work and whoring it out as if it was theirs. "Vid Title: OMG I HAVE IT! YOU NEVAR GET THIS LALALALALA!" "screenshot label: Privatewillnotbereleased.jpg/Youwillneverhavethis.jpg"

but that also brings something up, and please correct me if i am wrong, but i recall seeing a vid that XCB *this is what i need Correction on, who posted it. could swear it was XCB* uploaded on YouTube of Blaque with a "mod", so that if she faced characters that weren't in Eli's Roster, a Giant Pacman would come out and audio of Pacman talking while high would show up?

#19  November 28, 2007, 11:41:42 pm
    • www.myspace.com/narakuscastle
Don't Most Creators Stop There Work And Keep It Private Just For The Sole Purpose Of The Leecher Having An Incomplete Version While The Creator Has A One Hundred Percent Complete Character...

Usually That's The Case, And That's The Creator's Way Of Having The Last Laugh ;D
#20  November 28, 2007, 11:42:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...What the hell is up with capitalizing every first letter of your words?