KoF XIV (Read 2069453 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, September 15, 2015, 09:35:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XIV
#4541  November 04, 2017, 05:17:04 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
kinda intrigued as well not much as been added on in dlc on it for a while, hope they add more stuff to it
I need more PSN friends
#4542  November 04, 2017, 06:18:27 am
    • USA
They'll just add her to one of their mobage trash.
#4543  November 04, 2017, 04:59:28 pm
I think they will reserve her for KOF XV, unless... They make a final update to KOF XIV (I doubt it).

Judging from her looks and style (she uses shadows and djinns* from her hood), I speculate she will be Shun'ei's rival in the Saga. I can see her as a single entry mid-boss just like how Kula was introduced in KOF 2000, but we'll see.

Remember, Shun'ei was called as "demon powered/possessed boy" in the KOF XIV roster leak back then. It's plausible she'll be his rival. She might see something from Shun'ei.

If not, probably another member of the organization Kukri is from.

*djinns - evil spirits in Middle Eastern folklore
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#4544  November 04, 2017, 11:07:25 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Everything there is written in arabic, I'll try to translate as accurate as I can

The Outlook
 Najd Is a girl from Suadi Arabia Dressed in a black Arabian gulf style Abaya with Silver Inscriptions, her odd look is due to her special powers as her Abaya is inhabited by a Jinn named (Halek) which means -Pitch Black- who shows up during attacks and soon return back to the abaya after unleashing an attack.

She has a pair of gloves and leather boots with a modern design that nullifies damages that she would take and serves to cover her legs to never show up in a fight.

She wears a hijab on her head that could full off in a hard heat fight which if does she would go on and cover her head with again.
in addition to jewels and precious stones.

the abaya is designed for freedom of moving around and her arms and legs could get exposed while moving around.

The idea behind the design

After a long while of thinking, I decided to shift away from the typical  pictures of Saudi men wearing Shmaq and sword and women with long hair and decided to create the character in a more creative way that fit  the modern standard that the country is heading to but still keeps the old sprite of the country and the islamic tradition
#4545  November 07, 2017, 06:04:15 am
    • New Zealand
I love these SNK games! You're the best! :)
#4546  November 10, 2017, 05:33:42 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/nov/08/leaping-over-learning-curvewhy-king-fighters-14-lacks-us-scene/

What changes need to happen to get more Americans to feel the burn to fight?

In 1v1 titles such as Street Fighter, players can pour hours, months, or even years into spending time getting to know a single character. There are numerous situations that competitors must practice dealing with using one character alone. When they are ready, they move on to the next. In KOF, this need is multiplied threefold, understandably leading to intimidation and frustration.

“Ever try jumping in KOF?” Chau Nguyen, owner of esports website PAR, commented. “Just jumping, not combos or meta. You have to practice precise jumps to even be slightly competitive.”

This statement is true. The King of Fighters games take a basic movement, such as jumping, and give it a depth that must be mastered for players to stand on equal ground in the competitive scene. For instance, KOF games have four different kinds of jump—a regular jump, a super jump, a short hop, and a hyper hop.

Each of these jumps has their use in battle, and, unlike simply moving the stick upwards and in the desired direction (with the exception of the normal jump) seen in other fighting games, require additional inputs to complete.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4547  November 10, 2017, 08:29:40 am
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com
Eventhubs being stupid again i guess.
#4548  November 11, 2017, 02:27:01 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#4549  November 13, 2017, 10:39:35 pm
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:01:18 pm by Slivern
#4550  November 14, 2017, 12:52:07 am
  • SNK is life
He's literally on this forum. There was a long-standing thread for the WIP and all
#4551  November 14, 2017, 01:59:24 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
If it's a character, I guess he never finished CvS Ash Saga Kyo?
#4552  November 14, 2017, 02:18:57 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/14/snk-back-fight-major-increase-sales-profit/

According to the financial statement SNK’s sales from the period of August 2016 to July 2017 was at 4.281 billion yen, an increase from the 3.203 billion yen from the same period last year. During this time it saw an ordinary income of 1.986 billion yen compared to the 1.317 billion yen the year prior.

The term’s net profit was at a high 3.105 billion yen, a significant increase from the 558 million yen in the red last year. With that SNK saw large increases in both sales and profits to put it back in the plus, as well as accumulated profit in the plus as well, showing that the company has been headed the right direction since its acquisition by Chinese company 37Games that withdrew SNK from the Pachislot business in order to focus more on video game and licensing work.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/14/snk-back-fight-major-increase-sales-profit/#X0GI6XXysYMZcoRl.99
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4553  November 14, 2017, 03:44:37 pm
happy for them a well deserve success. i'm hoping that they revive old neogeo games too and not just kof.
#4554  November 14, 2017, 03:52:40 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
So... SNK is doing well huh!?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Lasagna
#4555  November 14, 2017, 03:56:27 pm
I doubt there'll be a 3rd one since Falcoon left and took the rights to the Maximum Impact guys with him if memory serves.
If he ever comes back or not i'll never know.
#4556  November 14, 2017, 04:00:14 pm
i'd rather not see him back.

the first thing they need to do is garou ,
#4557  November 14, 2017, 04:01:54 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I doubt there'll be a 3rd one since Falcoon left and took the rights to the Maximum Impact guys with him if memory serves.
If he ever comes back or not i'll never know.

Lol what? SNK owns the rights to all the characters he designed. He doesn't own the MI series either.
#4558  November 14, 2017, 04:06:06 pm
Huh must've remembered wrong then (Not very surprising to me at this point). My bad then sorry.
#4559  November 14, 2017, 04:22:22 pm
It's not like it would be such a waste to never again see those clones and mary sues.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4560  November 14, 2017, 04:44:40 pm
Don't care much for the characters, but I'd love to see something with Real Bout or MI's gameplay again.